Biscuit

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

We just moved from Mississippi (where a thumbprint is not required for a driver's license) to Texas. I recently went to "swap" my Mississippi license for a Texas license, and was told I would have to give a digital scan of both my left and right thumbs. I looked at the little scanner box and the name on the side was "DigiMarc". This reminded me too much of "the mark" spoken of in Revelation. I refused and am currently still using my Mississippi license. It is Texas law that I get a Texas license within 30 days of moving to Texas. I assume I will get a ticket if I have Texas plates on my truck but still have a Mississippi drivers license. So what do I do? I have already bought land in Texas and have a job. I am still paying Mississippi income tax right now and Texas has no state income tax. I considered claiming Mississippi as my state of residence (using relative's address) and claiming that I am working in Texas, but I don't know how honest that would be. Does anyone know if there is a loophole around this fingerprint requirement, based on religious beliefs? I considered talking to a lawyer, but most lawyers would think I was nuts if I even mentioned this. I guess all states will eventually require fingerprints when the national ID card goes into effect(http://www.nonationalid.com/). But this threw me for a loop. I guess i should have checked this out before moving to Texas. We are actually considering moving back to a state which does not require fingerprinting. I would greatly appreciate any advice.

I don't know if fingerprinting is the actual mark. But it is getting closer. I think the mark will be a chip or barcode, but you never really know what John saw in his vision. Perhaps he saw a photograph & thumbscan and described it best he could?? Either way, I think that giving up your prints is a BAD thing. :24:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Biscuit, I don't think this is it. The mark's supposed to control buying and selling. I don't think it'll be something we can take by accident either. The ones who take the mark will be choosing to worship the Beast, and the Beast is supposed to be revealed before the mark. Anyhoo, if you still don't feel comfortable, I'd suggest that you find an alternative that doesn't have you going against the law. :24: I'm not sure if I'd want to do it either. :24:

I personally think your ok with giving a thumbprint. I was in the military, my prints are on file...somewhere. I was arrested by mistake a few years back...again they took my prints plus a DNA sample. I was forced to do these things. The mark of the beast is something you do willingly. It's not forced on you.

I wouldn't worry too much about giving up a thumb print. It's just another security measure.

I was forced to do these things. The mark of the beast is something you do willingly. It's not forced on you.

I very much see your point. But they are not really forcing me to get this driver's license. Whether I get it or not is my choice, just as "the mark" will be a choice.

Edited by Biscuit

Biscuit, I don't think this is it. The mark's supposed to control buying and selling. I don't think it'll be something we can take by accident either.

I think you are right. But in a way, a driver's license does control buying and selling. It is very hard (if not impossible) to open a checking account or to get a job without a drivers license nowadays. Even if you don't use a checking account or direct deposit, how would you cash a paycheck without a driver's license? And a license would also be necessary to drive to work to get a paycheck.

It is my understanding that the coming national ID card will have our fingerprint/thumbprint plus a facial image stored on a magnetic strip or chip that is embedded in the ID card.

Edited by Biscuit

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Do you want a drivers license?

I am not the least bit concerned about someone haveing my fingerprint... :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

That would help guard against identity theft. Especially when citizens of Mexico-who are illegal here try to steal it!!

Candi

• Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

I was forced to do these things. The mark of the beast is something you do willingly. It's not forced on you.

I very much see your point. But they are not really forcing me to get this driver's license. Whether I get it or not is my choice, just as "the mark" will be a choice.

you have to have apicture ID whether you have a driver's liscence or not, and a state ID has the same rrequirements as the driver's lisence most of the time, except the driver's test.

At the very least I would try to lobby to get rid of the fingerprinting. It is an invasion of privacy. In the military they take prints and one of the reasons is for ID in case you die and you can't be identified (they also use dental records). We don't run the same risks in everyday life as the military does so you shouldn't have to endure the same invasions of privacy.

i see no logical reason for refusing to be fingerprinted. this has nothing to do with the mark of the beast and everything to do with the crime-ridden culture we live in. fingerprinting protects the innocent and makes it possible for criminals to be identified. if you try to cash a check, most places require your fingerprint on the check as proof that it really is you cashing it and not someone who stole from you. so chances are, state ID or DL aside, you're giving your fingerprints here and there periodically anyway.

ever watch forensic shows? (not csi miami, i mean real ones, like on the A&E or CourtTV channels) when a crime has been committed, the first thing they do is try to match fingerprints to eliminate the innocent and identify the guilty. when a dead body is found that can't otherwise be identified, they take prints to try to find out who the victim is. if the person they're trying to identify has never been convicted of a crime, then the case may never be solved... particularly if they're trying to identify a dead person, in which case the family of the victim spend a lifetime trying to find out what happened to their loved one. civilians, by the way, are just as much at risk as military personnel.

with DL and ID fingerprinting, that problem is essentially eliminated. if you are a victim of a crime, you would want the perpetrator caught and brought to justice, and this is made more likely if they have a DL or ID that required a fingerprint.

i don't see this as an invasion of privacy, and i don't think anyone who doesn't go around committing crimes should see it as such either. it is a matter of protection. far different from the purpose of the mark of the beast as described in scripture.

i'd be far more concerned about having your genitalia displayed on an airport security scanner when they begin implementing them!

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Do you want a drivers license?

I am not the least bit concerned about someone having my fingerprint... :)

I'm with tah, I don't see the big deal. The whole thing about the "mark" is you take it willingly, your not tricked into it or do it by mistake, and you know your taking the mark of the beast.