Biscuit

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  217
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

If there is a way to keep two residences, then you can keep the lisence from your other state. but yuo have to keep the tags and insurance there too, or it will arouse suspicion ifyou got pulled over. And you will get pulled over for a blown tag light or whatever.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I should have done my homework before moving to Texas. I honestly didn't know ANY states required biometrics for a driver's license. After sifting thru the internet, I now find that the following states require fingerprints:

California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Texas, West Virginia

I think that list may be about four years old. Other states may be doing this by now. Between the "war on terrorism" and illegal immigration, I figure all states may go to this eventually. I can't picture conservative western states like Idaho and Montana doing this, but I guess time will tell. :)

You still have your other state DL and you can cash payroll checks..if a bank won't do it then pay a fee at one of those cheesy little check cashing places.. and get a job with a DL not issued in that state. Drive safely and obey the traffic laws. Loopholes are made for reasons :o

I personally would refuse also and take my chances..if this is the beginning of how the mark will be functioning and you refuse then you are covered by God and His promise to keep us hidden in the midst of it.

Don't tell lies however about your place of residence. They can only ticket you if you get a traffic violation..they might suspend your name so that you are unable to get an issued DL until you pay your tickets but they are not going to throw you into prison.

Pray about it and follow the leading of the Holy Spirit..

Sister Lori,

Thank you for your advice. I have to do something by the end of the month (my truck plate expires then). My Mississippi driver's license expires in 2009. I am considering moving to another state which does not require this. It is such a hastle to move. Most people here seem OK with this. I try to picture King George telling our forefathers (i.e. George Washington, Ben Franklin,etc) to go to the DMV to get fingerprinted. I hear things like about fingerprints and spychips (www.spychips.com), our phone calls & internet being monitored, and see cameras mounted on almost every traffic light now. I wonder how much further it will go before the end is here. :)

I think it was Ben Franklin who said "Those who give up liberties for safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety". (paraphrased)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

My thumbprint on my drivers license does not take away any of my liberties...

It does however point to me if I am a criminal or mushed beyond recongnition in a horrible car accident..

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  537
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,617
  • Content Per Day:  5.01
  • Days Won:  216
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Biscuit I understand how you feel about this as I was forced to have my finger prints taken and dna after being falsly arrested and although I was released immediatly the police refused to destroy those things, I have found out since that the police have been told to take as many dna samples/fingerprints as possible in order to build a national data base Although I can understand the reasons behind this I still feel violated by it BUT I do NOT think it is the mark of the beast as the bible clearly states that you not only have to take the mark but you have to worship the image. The Jews in the concentration camps had to be marked with a tatoo, much more likely to be "the mark" as it is actually invasive ( it will be a mark IN the hand or forhead ) and since the fingerprints are given and not recieved then I cant see how this can be seen as being "the mark"

Hope you manage to find peace over this dilemma :24:

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

It does however point to me if I am a criminal or mushed beyond recongnition in a horrible car accident..

I prefer having the liberty not to have to give my fingerprints unless I have committed a crime.

But on another note....

This reminds me of when my son was 4 years old and I took him to sign up for the city soccer league.

They wanted a copy of his Social Security Card. I asked how much soccer was paying 4 year olds these days. The lady looked at me with this blank stare on her face. She was already so brainwashed that she did not get what I was saying.

Anyway, I told her they had no need of his SS card. I had brought his birth certificate and proof of residence. That was enough. She told me that if I did not provide the SS card, he could not play. When I asked her what it was needed for, she again got the blank look on her face and said she did not know. She told me all the other sheeple (my word not hers) had turned theirs over without questioning why, so why couldn't I. Shows the mindset of the brainwashed pretty clearly doesn't it?

Well, to make a long story short, I appealed to the head of the league and my son played soccer without having to "show his papers."

It's hard, isn't it? Going against the grain. Sheeple is right; and people that dont think and ask questions like that make it hard for the rest of us. I have Bank of America credit card with my picture on it, but I never sign my credit cards. Anyway, I was in a Wal-Mart and handed it over to the cashier and the first thing she did was check for my signature! She told me I had to sign it. It never ocurred to her that my PICTURE was on the other side. When I pointed this out, she said I still had to sign it. She couldn't tell me why, so I just took my card and walked out. I went into Belk's, handed over the same card and they asked for ID! ID?!?!? Dang, but I was frustrated. Sheeple all over the place.

Unfortunately my thumbprint is all over creation in DC. Belize is looking better and better.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Buy yourself a pushbike. Save the environment and stay of the state's database

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

You still have your other state DL and you can cash payroll checks..if a bank won't do it then pay a fee at one of those cheesy little check cashing places.. and get a job with a DL not issued in that state. Drive safely and obey the traffic laws. Loopholes are made for reasons :24:

I personally would refuse also and take my chances..if this is the beginning of how the mark will be functioning and you refuse then you are covered by God and His promise to keep us hidden in the midst of it.

Don't tell lies however about your place of residence. They can only ticket you if you get a traffic violation..they might suspend your name so that you are unable to get an issued DL until you pay your tickets but they are not going to throw you into prison.

Pray about it and follow the leading of the Holy Spirit..

Loopholes? That's some interesting advice you are giving. You are basically advising someone to break the law by not getting a valid current driver's license and then you are advising them to "follow the leading of the Holy Spirit"? How does that work? The state requirement is perfectly valid and should be followed and yet you want them to commit sin by breaking the law and then call it following the Holy Spirit? Man, this Left Behind silliness has gotten completely out of hand.

sw

Biscuit I understand how you feel about this as I was forced to have my finger prints taken and dna after being falsly arrested and although I was released immediatly the police refused to destroy those things, I have found out since that the police have been told to take as many dna samples/fingerprints as possible in order to build a national data base Although I can understand the reasons behind this I still feel violated by it BUT I do NOT think it is the mark of the beast as the bible clearly states that you not only have to take the mark but you have to worship the image. The Jews in the concentration camps had to be marked with a tatoo, much more likely to be "the mark" as it is actually invasive ( it will be a mark IN the hand or forhead ) and since the fingerprints are given and not recieved then I cant see how this can be seen as being "the mark"

Hope you manage to find peace over this dilemma :)

Good advice. And I am glad that I am not the only one who feels uncomfortable about this. I feel sometime like I am in the "bizarro land" that Jerry Seinfeld spoke of...where up is down and right is wrong. The same thing happened to my wife when she was arrested by an overzealous patrolman. I gave "ink prints" once when I started working for a VA hospital. To me, the ink prints are less useable than these digital prints. These digital prints don't smudge and should be a perfect image of your prints that could be put into a database or stored in any type of reading or storage device. Here's an interesting link where they want to fingerprint kids that get on and off the schoolbuses:

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/02/28/Tampabay...umb_ready.shtml

How far will things go? There are times when I feel like grabbing my survival gear and heading for the woods....praying for the Lord to provide. God bless you. :wub:

I prefer having the liberty not to have to give my fingerprints unless I have committed a crime.

But on another note....

This reminds me of when my son was 4 years old and I took him to sign up for the city soccer league.

They wanted a copy of his Social Security Card. I asked how much soccer was paying 4 year olds these days. The lady looked at me with this blank stare on her face. She was already so brainwashed that she did not get what I was saying.

Anyway, I told her they had no need of his SS card. I had brought his birth certificate and proof of residence. That was enough. She told me that if I did not provide the SS card, he could not play. When I asked her what it was needed for, she again got the blank look on her face and said she did not know. She told me all the other sheeple (my word not hers) had turned theirs over without questioning why, so why couldn't I. Shows the mindset of the brainwashed pretty clearly doesn't it?

Well, to make a long story short, I appealed to the head of the league and my son played soccer without having to "show his papers."

It's hard, isn't it? Going against the grain. Sheeple is right; and people that dont think and ask questions like that make it hard for the rest of us. I have Bank of America credit card with my picture on it, but I never sign my credit cards. Anyway, I was in a Wal-Mart and handed it over to the cashier and the first thing she did was check for my signature! She told me I had to sign it. It never ocurred to her that my PICTURE was on the other side. When I pointed this out, she said I still had to sign it. She couldn't tell me why, so I just took my card and walked out. I went into Belk's, handed over the same card and they asked for ID! ID?!?!? Dang, but I was frustrated. Sheeple all over the place.

Unfortunately my thumbprint is all over creation in DC. Belize is looking better and better.

there are very few legitimate reasons to necessitate a person giving their social. people should ALWAYS question that. identity theft is booming in this country. children are quickly becoming prime targets for identity theft because it is usually well beyond a decade before it's even noticed. parents would be wise to check their children's credit report annually.

now, on to the signing the back of a credit card.... it's silly, don't ya think? it doesn't prevent anyone from forging a signature, in fact, it gives them a signature to practice forging.

there is no law requiring a signature on the back of a card. however, there are many store policies that forbid a cashier from accepting a card that is blank on back. there's a perfectly acceptable solution to this, one that i've been using for years. on the sig-line of my card, i print in big bold letters "SEE MY I.D."

i've never had a problem with any store clerk.