cjrose

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

So God can't heal someone if they're watching the 700 Club? Nice way to limit God! :noidea:

That's not the issue. The issue is Robertson, not God.

sw

You made it an issue with God when you said that you respected healing as long as they didn't say it came from the 700 Club. In effect, you are saying God can't use a man that you've never even met personally to know how he is!

What I said was that Robertson makes general and vague claims about his involvement in healing. The prophecies and healings appear true to the gullible because they see themselves in Robertson's vague prayers. Probably several people thought they were the one Robertson was praying for because their rash went away.

sw

So now I am gullible? Again I have to challenge your faith. It sure seems as if you are attacking me and have been placing doubt since the beginning of what was a "good feeling" post meant to be uplifting to others. There is always somone who'd got to knock it.

That's pure spin. Your original post invited opinions about Robertson and his show. What you should have said was only respond if you agree with Robertson's act. Stop trying to paint me as some type of interloper. You invited me. Now you don't like my opinion and want to make accusations as if I am attacking people just because I offered my opinion, which you invited. If your post was only meant to be "uplifting to others" then why put it in general discussion and invite views? My, how self-righteous we can be. Perhaps Pat can heal that too.

sw

Thank you for that. I have always respected your opinions, just a side note :thumbsup:

Thank you. I enjoy reading your posts as well. It seems like Pat Roberson has been dumped on as long as he has been in the ministry, and usually the charges are baseless. I don't watch the 700 Club very often, but I do respect Pat Roberson and his ministry. He has always promoted Biblical morality and the idea that we do have a right as Christians to participate in shaping our government. As a result, he has ruffled a lot of liberal feathers. If the media can turn the church against it's own, they can discourage us from going forward and trying to make America a better place.

In these religious battles, the issue is one of people who already have pre-conceived ideas that God will only act in a certain way. When something happens that goes against these ideas, they get defensive and start attacking. It is just a shame to me when someone will go so far as to forcefully claim that a person who was healed by the power of God was not really healed. By doing so, they are taking away the glory from God that he deserves.

Way to appear rational and clean while still using misleading language and below the belt tactics. I haven't attacked anyone except the claims of the 700 Club. Further this has nothing to do with conservative vs. liberal politics.

sw

I was making the distinction between those who attack Pat Roberson in the world, paragraph one, and those like you St. Worm, who attack him over ideology. By the way, I read the post again, and fail to see anything "misleading" or "below the belt." Could you elaborate on what exactly I said that was either of these things, and explain why? :noidea:

Your premise was that people attack Robertson because of his conservative political views and that that "ruffles feathers". That's misleading. I too am politically conservative but do not agree with his on the air antics and claims of healings. You should re-read what you wrote. Its really sort of silly and I can't believe you can't see how misleading it is with regard to why someone would question Robertson.

sw

So now I am gullible? Again I have to challenge your faith. It sure seems as if you are attacking me and have been placing doubt since the beginning of what was a "good feeling" post meant to be uplifting to others. There is always somone who'd got to knock it.

That's pure spin. Your original post invited opinions about Robertson and his show. What you should have said was only respond if you agree with Robertson's act. Stop trying to paint me as some type of interloper. You invited me. Now you don't like my opinion and want to make accusations as if I am attacking people just because I offered my opinion, which you invited. If your post was only meant to be "uplifting to others" then why put it in general discussion and invite views? My, how self-righteous we can be. Perhaps Pat can heal that too.

sw

You are right in that we were all invited to give our opinions of Pat Roberson and the 700 Club. At the same time, you did say that everyone that believes they were healed as the result of that ministry was gullible. That is not spin, it is a fact. If it was taken wrong by both cjrose and me, then feel free to retract your original statement and post what you really meant.

I stand by every word.

sw

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  12/12/1939

cjrose,to God and God alone be the glory.Let nothing or anyone steal your joy or your healing.Keep the faith!!!! :emot-questioned:

sw

You are right in that we were all invited to give our opinions of Pat Roberson and the 700 Club. At the same time, you did say that everyone that believes they were healed as the result of that ministry was gullible. That is not spin, it is a fact. If it was taken wrong by both cjrose and me, then feel free to retract your original statement and post what you really meant.

I stand by every word.

sw

Then where is the spin? :emot-questioned:

It seems like spin to me for her to say she was just trying to be uplifting to others and then bad old St. Worm came along to knock all of her good intents. If she did not want my opinion she should not ask for it.

sw

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  362
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/04/1955

I just wanted to share something I would call an Godly experience for me. Sometime back I had developed a rash on my body, started on my legs and began to spread. I was concerned because I had no idea where it came from because I am not allergic to anything. It was alarming because my father developed rashes such as mine before he was diagnosed with Lukemia.

Before I had a chance to get to the doctor, I was doing my usual routine exercise on my stationary bike while watching the 700 club which I hadn't watched in so long but this day decided to turn it on. I listened as I went about peddaling and at the end of the show, they pray.

As I prayed with them, they said something that blew me away. It was, "and you who are out there and has developed a rash, fear not as you are for the Lord will heal you"

I stopped peddaling and knew that message was meant for me. The next day my rash disapeared. God has His ways of giving us messages and we should be listening intently.

Just wondered what some of your thoughts were on Pat and his show?

Robertson makes a bunch of vague and general comments like this about people with headaches, rashes, back pain and the like. It could fit several thousand of his listeners and they all think its specifically intended for them. If it was real he could at least use first names and locations instead of what he says. I guess its a good fund raiser.

sw

God is speaking to all those people, it is up to them to recieve it! Or do you think HE cannot speak to more than one person? Also you want Pat to speak names and such well that is what psychics do NOT God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Well, back to the OP!

I was thrilled about your story of healing, cjrose! I know that God certainly works in many wonderful ways...especially when He is given the floor to do so! We can certainly hold back the Holy Spirit by our closed minds and doubts and lofty religiosity! I thank my God that people like Pat Robertson and his staff at CBN are of such calibre that the Holy Spirit is not held back, and God is not kept in a box! Amen! :emot-questioned::noidea::24:

Love ya! :21:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

:emot-questioned:

t.

It is a good thing for cjrose that she was not indoctrinated by st. worm before watching the program. She would still have the rash today instead of receiving her healing.

Sounds more like a "rash" of bad teaching from Robertson to Benny Hinn. I am itching to expose it!

sw

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

It is a good thing for cjrose that she was not indoctrinated by st. worm before watching the program. She would still have the rash today instead of receiving her healing.

Sounds more like a "rash" of bad teaching from Robertson to Benny Hinn. I am itching to expose it!

sw

*Hands St. Worm some Mecca Ointment!*