• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Quote World Net Daily;

TBN cancels 2nd show for criticism of Islam

Producers of 'Zola Levitt Presents' claim Christian network caters to Arab nations

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted: August 28, 2006

1:00 a.m. Eastern

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357

Ah, so that is the reason. I wondered why. I do know that Zola Levitt ministries lost a lot of donor support due to its programming about Israel. I saw their last broadcast on TBN today. I am sad to see them go.

If a person does not have access to the TV stations mentioned in the OP, they can still view current programs via internet from www.levitt.com. You have to download the latest Real Player as well. The programs are posted on the website one week after their air time.

I knew it was just a matter of time, after I saw Hal Lindsey go. I have noticed that some other programs that were vocal against Islam have toned down (no doubt for fear of being cancelled).

I can imagine that TBN has laid down the law about what can and cannot be said on their program regarding Islam and Israel.

Guest Theology_Professor

This whole issue is trying to make the world anti-Jew again... just like hitler. Advertising, news reports, writing.... putting the Jew in a bad light, which is totally false.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

who runs TBN?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  474
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Our local viewer supported christian broadcasting station (VCY) carries it. I have really enjoyed Zola's show and found it well done and informative. Some Arabs might of learned something from it, too. Too bad...

Guest shiloh357

You know, I started watching Zola loyally since 1990. That was back when he would don biblical garb and teach by the Sea of Galilee. He started off just teaching on the Jewish roots of the faith. He would travel to the ruins of various biblical sites and the ruins of areas like Ephesus, Phillipi, Colosse, and he would teach (once again in biblical garb), and it seemed to do really well.

After the signing of the Osolo peace accords, he really started shifting gears towards current events pertaining to the Palestinians, while still teaching from the Bible. The last five years of his show was nothing but coverage on the current events in Israel, and he became my favorite advocates from Israel. I have saved every "Levitt Letter" and I would drink up his programs when they were on. 30 mins flew by so fast on his shows. Barely did he get started, and the program came to a close.

He died in April, but I still miss him. I am hoping that the ministry will put more of his videos on DVD so that I can rewatch some of the old programs I remember him from. Jeffrey Seif and Sandra Levitt are wonderful, but no one will ever take Zola's place.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  474
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I miss him, too... :ph34r:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,582
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  1

I miss Zola deeply, and what a shame that his wonderful show will not live on on TBN

Guest shiloh357

I may a bit cynical, but I see it this way. There are 550,000,000 Arabs, and about 6,000,000 Jews in the Middle East. The Arab world possesses more land than any other single ethnic group on the Planet. The Jews own a country half the size of Lake Michigan.

With a near limitless amount of space to erect new stations, thus bringing in much more revenue for TBN, they must feel they can afford to lose those shows that support Israel over againt Islamic fundamentalism.

It is strange, that if there is such a distinction between Islamic Fundamentalism, and the "REAL Islam" we are told that does not approve of terrorist activities, why would such programs be offensive to the "religion of peace?" One would think that "REAL Muslims" would not be morally opposed to these types of shows that expose radical Islam's anti-Israel agenda. One would think that "REAL Islam" would lock arms with anyone opposed to Islamic terrorist activities and would welcome any broadcasts exposing this threat.

Yet, TBN feels pressured to cancel such shows in order to appease these Muslims. It would appear that the divide between the two types of Islam are not has clear as the liberals would have us believe.

I really don't understand why TBN does not create programming suitable for regional viewing? For example, why not have more programming for the Arab world, in Arabic hosted by Arabic Christians? Zola's Program could remain on the channels that receive TBN in the US. They could do the same for other regions as well.