• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

I grew up surrounded with people who did not believe in interracial dating. They always said it was wrong and God doesn't accept it. Of course I never believed that. I have always looked at everyone as children of God no matter their color, gender, age, where they are from or what they have done. I ended up in an interracial marriage. Not for any other reason then the fact that the person is a true, genuine, loving person. Our love has NO COLOR. My question is if there is anything in the Bible that states that this is wrong? What could have given people the idea to try and teach racism to other peolpe? And does God talk about race in the BIble at all?

The Children of Israel would not accept Moses interracial marriage and God judged some of them for it. Thus God does not like the prejudice which is behind that thought. The CHildren of Israel were also told not to marry non believers, and in most cases non believers were also non hebrews. This can be perverted to mean that you should not marry outside your race and I think this is where it comes from.

I personally believe that God does not care about our skin, he likes the diversity. My father is a racist and I was told not to marry outside my race (which btw is mixed...white and native american) and my sister is an a relationship which threatens to upset the family.

Me personally, I'm more concerned about the family culture of the individual. Does my family's custom and his match or at least compliment each other to the point that my children would not have to be torn between two cultures all the time? It's not a biblical command either, just something that after marrying into another culture and fighting for my own identity to pass to my children I don't want to endure again. Kinda like asking if you'd marry a picky eater. I won't, but others can if they want.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chatrismoy

I grew up surrounded with people who did not believe in interracial dating. They always said it was wrong and God doesn't accept it. Of course I never believed that. I have always looked at everyone as children of God no matter their color, gender, age, where they are from or what they have done. I ended up in an interracial marriage. Not for any other reason then the fact that the person is a true, genuine, loving person. Our love has NO COLOR. My question is if there is anything in the Bible that states that this is wrong? What could have given people the idea to try and teach racism to other peolpe? And does God talk about race in the BIble at all?

The Children of Israel would not accept Moses interracial marriage and God judged some of them for it. Thus God does not like the prejudice which is behind that thought. The CHildren of Israel were also told not to marry non believers, and in most cases non believers were also non hebrews. This can be perverted to mean that you should not marry outside your race and I think this is where it comes from.

I personally believe that God does not care about our skin, he likes the diversity. My father is a racist and I was told not to marry outside my race (which btw is mixed...white and native american) and my sister is an a relationship which threatens to upset the family.

Me personally, I'm more concerned about the family culture of the individual. Does my family's custom and his match or at least compliment each other to the point that my children would not have to be torn between two cultures all the time? It's not a biblical command either, just something that after marrying into another culture and fighting for my own identity to pass to my children I don't want to endure again. Kinda like asking if you'd marry a picky eater. I won't, but others can if they want.

LadyRaven is it that your sisters spouse is a nonbeliever or is it only that he is another religion or culture ? If he is a nonbeliever then maybe she can try to get him into the church, and get to know God. If it is just because he is a different culture I can't understand that. You have to be open to diversity as you also said, correct? You can't let a possibly wonderful thing go to waste because of a cultural difference. NOw as I said I can understand the nonbeliever thing. What I gather from your last paragraph is that you aren't racist , but maybe prejudice towards different types of people. Saying that you wouldn't marry a picky eatter but someone else can is basically saying they are not good enough for you, but good enough for someone else. That is prejudging someone. A picky eatter could be someone who is in church, and follows the Lord's word through and through, and is a good truely genuine person. You wouldn't even know that because you already put him in the NO category for being a picky eatter. Doesn't the Bible say something to the effect that what 2 people God puts together no man shall tear apart? So does that mean that when to people get married or come together in a relationship that God brought those two people together for a reason? Or do people just come together on their own and God has nothing to do with it?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

What other race is there other than Human. So as long as you are human beings you can marry each other. Love knows no color!!!

Blessings

candi

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  474
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

All of mankind is created in His image.

Expect difficulty if a believer and non believer of God are unequally yoked and don't sweat the small stuff like diversity in skin, eye, and hair color.

God Bless, :huh:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

God created man. Man created culture. Culture created racism and division. Racism is man's invention, not God's.

I have been married to a beautiful African-American woman for 14 years. We have 4 beautiful and unbiased children. One day racism will be erased from the earth, and my children will be included with the first generations to help accomplish that goal.

...Providing the Lord doesn't return first, that is.

LadyRaven is it that your sisters spouse is a nonbeliever or is it only that he is another religion or culture ? If he is a nonbeliever then maybe she can try to get him into the church, and get to know God. If it is just because he is a different culture I can't understand that. You have to be open to diversity as you also said, correct? You can't let a possibly wonderful thing go to waste because of a cultural difference. NOw as I said I can understand the nonbeliever thing. What I gather from your last paragraph is that you aren't racist , but maybe prejudice towards different types of people. Saying that you wouldn't marry a picky eatter but someone else can is basically saying they are not good enough for you, but good enough for someone else. That is prejudging someone. A picky eatter could be someone who is in church, and follows the Lord's word through and through, and is a good truely genuine person. You wouldn't even know that because you already put him in the NO category for being a picky eatter. Doesn't the Bible say something to the effect that what 2 people God puts together no man shall tear apart? So does that mean that when to people get married or come together in a relationship that God brought those two people together for a reason? Or do people just come together on their own and God has nothing to do with it?

No, her boyfriend's rich in melanin...it's an interracial relationship. He is a Christian, though they might have challenges since she's Lutheran and he's Baptist, but that is what my parents were so I guess she thinks that they can work through that. The good thing IMO is that his family is much like ours, they value the same things, and his mother sounds sooo much like my aunt when she talks (stuff she talks about - you gotta be there to get it) and this is not the only interracial marriage in that family so when she feels strange there will always be someone to talk to about it. Their family pictures at their reunion look like a mini UN event.

As for my sister, the only worries I have over the relationship is some of the personality quirks that he has and how they conflict with her personal needs. However, I can see that he loves her so, maybe they will be able to work that out. When I said they'd upset the whole family is because my father is a racist...and most of the extended family are of the belief that all are equal, but should not mix. If they marry it will make things uncomfortable for them.

I'm not prejugdiced against other cultures either. I enjoy visiting and like listening to various things from people of other cultures. I learning and knowing about them. However, my children and I happen to enjoy our own culture.

When I said I was more worried about the culture, I was not talking specifically about ethnic expressions or even regional expressions, but personal family traditions and values. My exhusband tried to drown my family's identity in his own family culture and so I won't go there again. The family is supposed to be a cohesive unit, not a place where one person is made over into the culture of the other's family.

As to picky eaters being less worthy than anyone else. that is not the issue. The issue is lifestyle and values. I also won't date a smoker or a fundamentalist or people who have employment in other fields but spend hours a week in a gym getting "buff" Everyone has things that they can't live with, working in opposing directions is one thing I can't live with...a good match for me would be similar to me in lifestyle and culture. Therefore, if the person before me is a gift from God, he would have this trait.

I also don't believe in random dating, or dating people you don't know well. You are friends for a long time first. If a man knows me well, and still wants to pair off, he's a brave person indeed. And thus a worthy match :) Or maybe he's like me and doesn't have to be brave...

:huh:

Guest chatrismoy

Lady Raven I misunderstood a few things you stated and I do apologize for that. I do understand that everyone looks for a specific something in people, as you said to kind of match their personality and will click together. It's hard to draw a line for me between looking for something specific and just loving someone for them, but that is me. I personally do not look for a certain aspect of someone, I am the if I fall in love I fall in love. A match to me is someone who I fall in love with, and that someone doesn't have to be anything or like anything or do anything in particular. I now see whta you were saying about your exhusbands culture and how he tried to overpower yours. I believe, like you, 2 people have to come to an agreement and have an even mixture of one anothers culture and background when they become united as one in marriage. 50/50! And to the best for your sister and her mate. I hope they are able to come together and combine their seperate lives as one equal life. Your family is very similar to mine. Hopefully your father will come to accept and be comfortable with any situation his children come to. Although my grandmother was completely opposed to interracial marriage before she passed she started to come around and except it as my choice although she still didn't think it was right.

Lady Raven I misunderstood a few things you stated and I do apologize for that. I do understand that everyone looks for a specific something in people, as you said to kind of match their personality and will click together. It's hard to draw a line for me between looking for something specific and just loving someone for them, but that is me. I personally do not look for a certain aspect of someone, I am the if I fall in love I fall in love. A match to me is someone who I fall in love with, and that someone doesn't have to be anything or like anything or do anything in particular. I now see whta you were saying about your exhusbands culture and how he tried to overpower yours. I believe, like you, 2 people have to come to an agreement and have an even mixture of one anothers culture and background when they become united as one in marriage. 50/50! And to the best for your sister and her mate. I hope they are able to come together and combine their seperate lives as one equal life. Your family is very similar to mine. Hopefully your father will come to accept and be comfortable with any situation his children come to. Although my grandmother was completely opposed to interracial marriage before she passed she started to come around and except it as my choice although she still didn't think it was right.

hun, it's no problem, people misunderstand me all the time :thumbsup:

You gotta understand though, I believe you are put on earth to glorify God by having experiences He's ordained and to learn from your mistakes (for various reasons, one of which is to annoy people who are younger than you and haven't "been there" where you have been..aka as giving advice).

I made a mistake when I married my ex. We did, at the time, love each other...as in we had all the warm fuzzies and all that. However, we were not compatible. I did not have time to learn that since we did not know each other but a few days before we started dating and within about 3 months I was pregnant (I also violated the commandments..lesson #2) and against my better judgement I didn't go home to my dad like I wanted to (I knew he'd be upset but he'd get over it and love both me and the baby...lesson #3), I broke down and consented to marry a man I'd only known for about 5 months.

Having warm feelings, even compelling ones, does not make people compatible. If you make a committment and you aren't sometimes, if you submit to Christ and allow Him to grow the two of you together and MAKE you compatible, it will work. If only one of you wants to do this then eventually the other will do something to sabotage the relationship (lesson #4). My ex found another woman (who is a much worse match but...it's no longer my beez wax).

Thus I tend to wax long and boring about how the "warm fuzzies" and what the culture commonly sees as "love" is not enough to make a marriage work. And about how if I ever marry again it won't be because I have fuzzies, it will be due to a long time of prayerful consideration of the person's character, goals and beliefs and how they do and do not line up with my own. (Now his personality can be as different from mine as night is from day and I'll be fine, that can be fun!)

I hope that your marriage is successful, and that all your warm fuzzies are backed by a strong committment and a growing sense of compatability and nurtured by a mutual love for Christ and His Word.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

God created man. Man created culture. Culture created racism and division. Racism is man's invention, not God's.

I have been married to a beautiful African-American woman for 14 years. We have 4 beautiful and unbiased children. One day racism will be erased from the earth, and my children will be included with the first generations to help accomplish that goal.

...Providing the Lord doesn't return first, that is.

Exactly.

I fear racism will never be fully eradicated until God comes back. Racism is hatred of men who are in the image of God...the natural man is simply always going to repeat this.

Guest chatrismoy

I believe as well as you that racism will never be fully left alone on this planet. This is wrong and nasty and these racist people will be dealt with by God Almighty.