IGNORED

Religion

Guest chatrismoy

Guest chatrismoy

Recently my daughter spent the night at her grandmother's house. Her grandmother is a Jehovahs witness. Now my feelings have always been that as long as the next man is a believer in God and does not worship or pray to an object then what is wrong with he or she being a Christian, Jehovahs witness , Muslim, Jew, etc. When my daughter returned she told me her grandma said she can't pray the way that I have taught her to pray while she is at her house. I find this wrong on her behalf because who is another human being to come in between someone elses relationship with God. So my question is #1) Is there a certain way to pray? #2) Is it wrong to be against a certain religion? #3) Is there a right religion? meaning if not Christian, Methodist, Jewish what is right or is there a right or wrong religion?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Jehovah's Witnesses believe so strongly that Christendom has perverted the name of God, that they will not pray unless the name "Jehovah" is uttered first (eg. "Oh Jehovah...")

Jehovah's Witnesses are doctrinally, theolgically and even socially at odds with the rest of Christianity, and they have no compulsion about attempting to convert believers to their way of thinking. If you are allowing your daughter to spend the night at her friends, then it is very likely they are trying to convert her to their sect.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

Recently my daughter spent the night at her grandmother's house. Her grandmother is a Jehovahs witness. Now my feelings have always been that as long as the next man is a believer in God and does not worship or pray to an object then what is wrong with he or she being a Christian, Jehovahs witness , Muslim, Jew, etc. When my daughter returned she told me her grandma said she can't pray the way that I have taught her to pray while she is at her house. I find this wrong on her behalf because who is another human being to come in between someone elses relationship with God. So my question is #1) Is there a certain way to pray? #2) Is it wrong to be against a certain religion? #3) Is there a right religion? meaning if not Christian, Methodist, Jewish what is right or is there a right or wrong religion?

There is a right religion - Christianity.

There are many versions of that which are all about the same (ie, they are different expressions and they disagree on minor things but they still all hold to the bare basics of salvation). Methodism, Baptist, Lutheran, Catholic, Presbyterianism, Assemblies of God, Most Pentecostals, Church of the Bretheren, etc are all examples of these.

Then there are many perversions of that which are not legitimate in the eyes of God either and are just as wrong as the other non christian belief systems. Mormonism, Jehovah's Wittnesses, Church Of God International, Oneness Pentecostalism are all examples of these.

It is not wrong to be 'against' heretical religions, nor is it wrong to be 'against' other non christian religions since they contradict God's word which is truth. We don't need to be deliberately mean about it, but it is ok to know the difference between truth and error and stand against error.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

I've studied this religion for years.........and it is a cult. I'm sorry< i do not mean to offend but I must speak the truth.

It's a religion of works which does not depend on Christ as (the) God in the flesh atoning for our sins on the cross. Instead, like the mormons, they believe Jesus was (a) god. It does not believe in a literal hell. There are so many other essentional doctrinal errors.........just look it up on a search engine.

In his love,

Brian

Guest chatrismoy

So a Jehovahs Witness isn't recognized by God? I have attended Methodist churches since I was 10 so you say this is a form of Christianity. But who is to say that Christianity is right?

Guest chatrismoy
I've studied this religion for years.........and it is a cult. I'm sorry< i do not mean to offend but I must speak the truth.

It's a religion of works which does not depend on Christ as (the) God in the flesh atoning for our sins on the cross. Instead, like the mormons, they believe Jesus was (a) god. It does not believe in a literal hell. There are so many other essentional doctrinal errors.........just look it up on a search engine.

In his love,

Brian

Jehovahs witness is like a cult you are saying? I

They are not like a cult...............they are a cult....plain and simple.

I say it in love..............Lord check my heart.

Guest chatrismoy
They are not like a cult...............they are a cult....plain and simple.

I say it in love..............Lord check my heart.

So let me ask you then what are you now a Christian? And will someone tell me how a methodist or a baptist is a christian?

That's a good question. There is essential doctrine and non-essential doctrine. Example.........I don't believe a rapture then 7 years of trib..........most believe that. It's not a doctrine that will save you or damn you.

Jesus is God in the fleash, born of a virgin. His death on the cross is the atoning sacrifice for our sin.....he said John 14:6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me....Romans 10:9That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. .............this is essentional for salvation.

I don't care what your label, if you beleive this then your in the family.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  198
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

I've been taught that Christians are not supposed to take the stance that, "Hey, whatever works for them", or "It doesn't matter what people believe as long as they're passionate about it." If they're not Christian, they're wrong, and it's our duty to say something.