IGNORED

Religion

Guest chatrismoy

Guest chatrismoy

I don't believe that Christians are the only right ones. I believe that if you believe in GOd, you praise God, you live an unsinnful life, you ask to be saved then you are. If you believe in God deep in your heart you are going to heaven. Isn't it wrong to judge someone? If you Shy feel that only Christians are right then you are judging all other religions. If someone believes in God and follows his word and isn't a christian they are still "in the family". We aren't the ones who can judge a religion.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

Generally, a Christian, one that is truly a Christian, will ascribe to the following:

I believe in God, the Father Almighty,

the Creator of heaven and earth,

and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord:

Who was conceived of the Holy Spirit,

born of the Virgin Mary,

suffered under Pontius Pilate,

was crucified, died, and was buried.

He descended into hell.

The third day He arose again from the dead.

He ascended into heaven

and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty,

whence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy universal church,

the communion of saints,

the forgiveness of sins,

the resurrection of the body,

and life everlasting.

Amen.

Jehovah Witnesses do not ascribe to much of that and therefore cannot in good conscience be called Christians.

There is more to salvation than just "belief."

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  08/11/1960

Wow, what a question. My problem is just where to start. Hmmmmm....well, first off, you need to lovingly let the Grandmother know her actions in this reguard are unwelcome. You are this child's parent, and therefore are the one, along with your spouse, responsible for their upbringing, spiritual and otherwise, not her.

Second, you might give some serious consideration as to weather this grandmothers influence on your child is in their best interest. If the child is too young to discern what the Grandmother is telling them is un-true, this could cause confusion. God knows there's enough of that in the world already. No need to add to it where your little one is concerned.

Lastly, yes, the JW's ARE a cult. The evidence supporting this fact is overwhelming.

I hope and pray that this might help you in some way.

God bless...

In Christ,

MikeE

2 Tim. 4:1-4

Edited by MikeE

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

They are not like a cult...............they are a cult....plain and simple.

I say it in love..............Lord check my heart.

So let me ask you then what are you now a Christian? And will someone tell me how a methodist or a baptist is a christian?

It is a core belief. A "Christian" is a follower of Christ. A Christian worships Christ as the Son of God, the risen Savior. Many other religions (e.g. Jehovah Witness) do not recognize him as anything more than a prophet. Thus the distinction. :(

Guest chatrismoy

If you follow God and his word and you confess your sins and ask for forgiveness then does it matter what religion you consider yourself?

Guest chatrismoy
Wow, what a question. My problem is just where to start. Hmmmmm....well, first off, you need to lovingly let the Grandmother know her actions in this reguard are unwelcome. You are this child's parent, and therefore are the one, along with your spouse, responsible for their upbringing, spiritual and otherwise, not her.

Second, you might give some serious consideration as to weather this grandmothers influence on your child is in their best interest. If the child is too young to discern what the Grandmother is telling them is un-true, this could cause confusion. God knows there's enough of that in the world already. No need to add to it where your little one is concerned.

Lastly, yes, the JW's ARE a cult. The evidence supporting this fact is overwhelming.

I hope and pray that this might help you in some way.

God bless...

In Christ,

MikeE

2 Tim. 4:1-4

Mike E thanks for the comments you really gave good insight. I honestly know certain things, but have never really studied other religions to know and now I see from all of you the difference of a JW. Still I want to know if there is a specific way to pray? Anyone ?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

I don't believe that Christians are the only right ones. I believe that if you believe in GOd, you praise God, you live an unsinnful life, you ask to be saved then you are. If you believe in God deep in your heart you are going to heaven. Isn't it wrong to judge someone? If you Shy feel that only Christians are right then you are judging all other religions. If someone believes in God and follows his word and isn't a christian they are still "in the family". We aren't the ones who can judge a religion.

Problem is that logically this could never be true. A devoted muslim and a devoted christian are both following their scriptures and as such worshipping their God, however, their faiths both teach that the other is wrong. they both can't be right, or they'd both be wrong. Logically this is not possible.

The Bible is God's word and it's the truth, the only truth on earth which is pure. You have to rely on this and make all other judgements based on it. Once you do this, it will be easy to see that the road to hell is paved with good intentions and people who in the eyes of other men are great people are blissfully headed that way.

True faith in Christ starts with acknowledging that HE is the only way.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  474
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Mike E thanks for the comments you really gave good insight. I honestly know certain things, but have never really studied other religions to know and now I see from all of you the difference of a JW. Still I want to know if there is a specific way to pray? Anyone ?

Mat 6:5 "When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full.

Mat 6:6 "But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

Mat 6:7 "And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words.

Mat 6:8 "So do not be like them; for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him.

Mat 6:9 "Pray, then, in this way: 'Our Father who is in heaven, Hallowed be Your name.

Mat 6:10 'Your kingdom come. Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven.

Mat 6:11 'Give us this day our daily bread.

Mat 6:12 'And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.

Mat 6:13 'And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil. [For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.]'

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

If you follow God and his word and you confess your sins and ask for forgiveness then does it matter what religion you consider yourself?

Absolutely it matters. Jesus said

Jhn 14:6 Jesus *said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

Jesus is our salvation. Not our good works. It's all about Christ. The religions that don't recognize this are fooling themselves.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  198
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1