• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

I ask this question because I'm curious as to how many here know their purpose or are you still waiting? Because do we not all agree that God has a specific purpose in our lives? I've been a Christian for so long and have strayed and He continues to bring me back even stronger every time. I know that my experiences have something to do with the purpose He has for my life but I still don't know what that is and I'm waiting. Patiently in His timing. Even believing we have a special purpose, as each one of us is unique, just the idea fills me with the Holy Spirit and joy! :39:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,072
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/27/1948

This is something I find quite difficult! As a young Christian I was desperate to find MY purpose and jealous of all those who seemed to know. Then I had such a lot of awful stuff happen, that my comfort was that I had a "purpose". However, I never seemed to be able to find it out! I now take my life as it comes, and failing any great revelation (which still eludes me) my purpose is to serve where I am, ie mostly to be there for my family! :39:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

I think my calling is to serve as a bad example so others will not emulate me. Of all my sins, I LIKE GLUTTONY BEST!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/21/1948

I think my calling is to serve as a bad example so others will not emulate me. Of all my sins, I LIKE GLUTTONY BEST!

:) OK, I believe that the purpose for every christian is to reach out to the lost. We are here to share the Gospel truths and tell this lost and dying world that Jesus is the answer. We need to find out through prayer and reading of God's word daily to find out how He wants to use us in His service. Some are preachers, some are teachers, some in women's ministry, music ministry. We need to seek God's will for our life so that he can use us for whatever His purpose is. We definitely need to let our lights shine for all to see that we serve a risen Saviour who is Christ Jesus, and that he is coming back soon. My gift is the gift of helps. My husband and I have a ministry for the Seniors in Nursing homes. We always pray for open doors to witness whosoever will. YSIC Littlelite

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/21/1948

:) OK, I believe that the purpose for every christian is to reach out to the lost. We are here to share the Gospel truths and tell this lost and dying world that Jesus is the answer. We need to find out through prayer and reading of God's word daily to find out how He wants to use us in His service. Some are preachers, some are teachers, some in women's ministry, music ministry. We need to seek God's will for our life so that he can use us for whatever His purpose is. We definitely need to let our lights shine for all to see that we serve a risen Saviour who is Christ Jesus, and that he is coming back soon. My gift is the gift of helps. My husband and I have a ministry for the Seniors in Nursing homes. We always pray for open doors to witness whosoever will. YSIC Littlelite

Guest chatrismoy

I also feel that every christian must serve the purpose of bringing others to know the Lord and to follow Gods word and praise him. Otherwise our purpose here will never be known by us. Those that are happy and seem to know their purpose don't they are just happy because they are serving the Lord which is the only purpose we should be concerned abput. Isn't it wrong to question the Lord. By wondering what your purpose is, is almost like questioning him and not having trust. If you trust the Lord then you will know that he has everyone here for a reason and with his guidance and your belief that purpose will be fufilled!

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

My purpose is to glorify God in all that I do. Whever this occurs, I do not know, but I do know this is my purpose.

So often we get caught up in "What does God want for me?" and "What does God want me to do" that we often forget our main purpose; to bring glory to God in all that we do. There is a line in "A Beautiful Mind" where John Nash is giving a speech, and it is essentially the climax of the movie. In it, he says:

Thank you. I've always believed in numbers and the equations and logics that lead to reason. But after a lifetime of such pursuits, I ask, "What truly is logic?" "Who decides reason?"

My quest has taken me through the physical, the metaphysical, the delusional -- and back. And I have made the most important discovery of my career, the most important discovery of my life: It is only in the mysterious equations of love that any logic or reasons can be found. I'm only here tonight because of you [his wife, Alicia]. You are the reason I am. You are all my reasons.

Thank you.

Now granted, he is speaking to his wife, however to me this is similar to how a Christian must view his calling. It is only in glorifying God, loving Him to the point we wish to bring honor to Him no matter our circumstances, that we can make any sense out of what His purpose for us might be.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.--2 Cor 2:2

That's my goal.

:whistling::whistling::cool:

I don't believe a word of it ;)

My purpose is to glorify God in all that I do. Whever this occurs, I do not know, but I do know this is my purpose.

We are all here to glorify God, that's a given when you are a Christian. But it blows my mind that I actually have a purpose that He is going to use me for. That's not being selfish, it's being excited about using my purpose TO Glorify God!

:whistling::whistling: