• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

M,

Nowhere in the Bible is the United States of America named or eluded to.

We did not exist back then.

Of course ANY nation that disobeys God, will be judged.

Just as any MAN who disobeys God.

I fail to see why people ONLY see the evil without looking at the good.

This country has it's problems but in retrospect, we are the most generous, the most tolerant, the most free, the most Christian etc....

Do not confuse confidence and strength as arrogance.

We do not get what we have by what we do for ourselves.

We have what we do because God gives it to us.

actually there is a prophacy concerning the US in Revelations and how the Word of God was preserved from destruction by the RC church.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member

America certainly isn't mentioned by name in the Bible. However, not all OT prophecy concerning Greece and Rome mentions them by name either, it was just filled in after it became obvious that "oh, Daniel was talking about Alexander's greece...and then Rome, etc.

So while you might not see "The word of the Lord concerning America", there are a few places in prophecy which definitely do apply to America. During the tribulation, America will either submit willing to the "beast" of Revelation, or else will be defeated in a war with the Beast.

We see here the America will eventually betray Israel, and will consequently be destroyed by God. (according to Revelation and Ezekiel, 5/6 of the armies will be destroyed, and 3/4 of the world population will be destroyed by God because of their sin and their conspiracy against Israel.)

Remember, "All" means just that, "Every one".

Revelation 13:7

And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Joel 3:2

I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

Zechariah 12:9

And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

Zechariah 14:2

For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

At the end of the tribulation, about 3/4 of the world population, including America, will die in the plagues.

Then the Lord will rule on the earth in person for 1000 years. Then at the end of the 1000 years, the evil heart of man will once again rebel against God, after seeing him face to face for a millenium of peace like the world has never known, they will once again try to destroy Israel. A common mis-conception is that Armaggedon and the Battle of Gog/Magog is the same event. They aren't. The Battle of Gog/Magog takes place after the Millenial reign. As clearly depicted in scripture.

Rev. 20:7And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. 9And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

So yes, America is mentioned in prophecy by the term "All nations", and in general, that is not a good thing, because it means that Biblically there isn't much place for America to go but down hill as the end of the age approaches.

No offense but this is the worst interpretation of Revelation I have ever seen.

sw

Its because of singling out one verse and basing a interpretation on it and not taking in context the passage.

mrcorey:

"God is only in the present tense."

Your question about prophecy and USA is exactly what God Almighty wants you to be thinking about!

The United States was first introduced in Revelation 11.12-15.

The Two Witnesses up to Heaven [Government] was the movement in the United States to place the Bible [Two Witnesses] back in charge of the congregations with autonomy.

Alexander Campbell, a publisher, asked for prayers for the Fall of Babylon [1 Day: '59 - '60; and 1 Hour: Sept 20, 1870]. The Fall of Babylon was "the mystery of the God would be finished" (Rev 10.7, 11.15).

Then the US promoted the Millennium (Rev 14.6-7; Rev 20.1-7) which was 1859-1959.

Then "the bowl of the wrath of the God on the earth" (Rev 16.2) was the American Revolution.

Then the "murder of the Millennium" (Rev 20.7-8) was in the US.

In AD 2004, the Beast into lake of fire began (Rev 20.10). And it will continue 11 years (2015), as it did the first time (Rev 19.20; 1859-1870). This was front page news all year long. God is not working in secret. [in my youth, men believed these facts.]

sidwms

I take back what I said before. THIS is the worst interpretation of Revelation I have ever seen.

sw

ROTFLMAO

Ok, as an Englishman, I thought I'd stick my oar in here.

Personally, having tried to figure out where both America and Britain fit into prophecy for many years, I have been unable to.

Muslims call America the 'great satan', probably because of it's wealth, commerce, etc. Now, I have mixed feelings about this. Being more ready to side with the Americans ( I hate Islam, as I've stated before),...yet, though Bush and Blair 'claim' to be Christians...are they really? I don't know. I am inclined, though, to beware of claims of Christianity, when I see the supposed involvement of Bush in the 'skull and bones' society.

Is there are truth in this, or are they merely 'alarmist'?

In my view, the jury is still out on this one, since anybody who can refute these claims are able to do so, should they wish. Where are the naysayers?

Personally, I am doubtful about the claims of any world leader, be they from whatever country, including my own (England).

Nevertheless, because of my hatred of Islam and all it stands for, and my support for Israel, I am more inclined to side with America, the supporter of Israel, at least for the moment, until maybe further revelations come to light.

But, seriously, what about the new world order, supported by Bush? I know I am treading on dangerous ground here, because I had a thread deleted just the other day about global conspiracies.

I really don't know, in all honesty. I am still trying to learn. I know the American people are a patriotic people. I don't wish to offend any sensibilities, but could someone please enlighten me with a balanced view?

You won't find the US or GB in the Bible.

Also, its irrelevent if Bush and Blair are Christians. What's important is that they act to protect their countries in an aggressive way against Islamic terror. Too bad more Western leaders don't have their backbone.

sw

GB is too mentioned. it is the lion in the description of the beast.

THe beast however appears to be revealing itself to be Islam as it takes over country by country like they have france and now are trying to take over GB

Don't get me wrong, StWorm, I am NOT anti American. Not at all. I think America stands more or less level with Britain. I am anti muslim, and anti any other false doctrine.

I just think that if there are issues to be addressed, we should address them, whether they concern America, Britain, or any other.

I am reluctant to embrace nationalism of any kind, if it interferes with, and supercedes, our obligation to Jesus Christ and His gospel.

I think the gospel over-rides national boundaries, and we should not be too ready to 'fly the flag' as it were, if there is any doubt about it's validity. If there is NO doubt, then i would ask you to address these issues and lay both my mind and your mind to rest.

Your brother and fellow believer in Christ

God holds a high reguard for those who are patriotic, and support the ideals of freedom. Banners were used back in moses time to distinguish which tribe was which and each house aka nation were very loyal and patriotic. The banner or flag was held in the highest reguard. It was the goal in battles with other nations to conquer and take the flag showing utter defeat.

Christ taught the foundations of what our country was founded on.

Heres a foundation that Christ taught. Take it and compare it to the United States constitution with the realization that one is physical and one is spiritual.

1. Its Head and Founder--CHRIST. He is the law-giver; the Church is only the executive. (Matt. 16:18; Col. 1:18)

2. Its only rule of faith and practice--THE BIBLE. (II Tim. 3:15-17)

3. Its name--"CHURCH," "CHURCHES." (Matt. 16:18; Rev. 22:16)

4. Its polity--CONGREGATIONAL--all members equal. (Matt. 20:24-28; Matt. 23:5-12)

5. Its members--only saved people. (Eph. 2:21; I Peter 2:5)

6. Its ordinances--BELIEVERS' BAPTISM, FOLLOWED BY THE LORD'S SUPPER. (Matt. 28:19-20)

7. Its officers--PASTORS AND DEACONS. (I Tim. 3:1-16)

8. Its work--getting folks saved, baptizing them (with a baptism that meets all the requirements of God's Word), teaching them ("to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you"). (Matt. 28:16-20)

9. Its financial plan--"Even so (TITHES and OFFERINGS) hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel," (I Cor. 9:14)

10. Its weapons of warfare--spiritual, not carnal. (II Cor. 10:4; Eph. 6:10-20)

11. Its independence--separation of Church and State. (Matt. 22:21)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Don't get me wrong, StWorm, I am NOT anti American. Not at all. I think America stands more or less level with Britain. I am anti muslim, and anti any other false doctrine.

I just think that if there are issues to be addressed, we should address them, whether they concern America, Britain, or any other.

I am reluctant to embrace nationalism of any kind, if it interferes with, and supercedes, our obligation to Jesus Christ and His gospel.

I think the gospel over-rides national boundaries, and we should not be too ready to 'fly the flag' as it were, if there is any doubt about it's validity. If there is NO doubt, then i would ask you to address these issues and lay both my mind and your mind to rest.

God holds a high reguard for those who are patriotic, and support the ideals of freedom. Banners were used back in moses time to distinguish which tribe was which and each house aka nation were very loyal and patriotic. The banner or flag was held in the highest reguard. It was the goal in battles with other nations to conquer and take the flag showing utter defeat.

Heres a foundation that Christ taught. Take it and compare it to the United States constitution with the realization that one is physical and one is spiritual.

1. Its Head and Founder--CHRIST. He is the law-giver; the Church is only the executive. (Matt. 16:18; Col. 1:18)

4. Its polity--CONGREGATIONAL--all members equal. (Matt. 20:24-28; Matt. 23:5-12)

6. Its ordinances--BELIEVERS' BAPTISM, FOLLOWED BY THE LORD'S SUPPER. (Matt. 28:19-20)

8. Its work--getting folks saved, baptizing them (with a baptism that meets all the requirements of God's Word), teaching them ("to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you"). (Matt. 28:16-20)

9. Its financial plan--"Even so (TITHES and OFFERINGS) hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel," (I Cor. 9:14)

I agree with this post pretty closely. I suggest that you might title the foundations you wrote about as "The Church" or "The Body of Christ". (I think our founding fathers followed it pretty closely). It is a very good writing. May I copy it to my desktop ?

However I think that what MrCorey had originally asked for was a specific word from a living prophet rather than a theological essay. A living word, if you will, rather than a doctrinal one. A word which comes from relating to Almighty God. Doctrinal words are fine, by the way. They are good. Opinions vary immensely. When the discussion didn't address his specific question, I think he may have withdrawn from the forum discussion.

Thanks for your input.

Sugarcane52

I agree with this post pretty closely. I suggest that you might title the foundations you wrote about as "The Church" or "The Body of Christ". (I think our founding fathers followed it pretty closely). It is a very good writing. May I copy it to my desktop ?

However I think that what MrCorey had originally asked for was a specific word from a living prophet rather than a theological essay. A living word, if you will, rather than a doctrinal one. A word which comes from relating to Almighty God. Doctrinal words are fine, by the way. They are good. Opinions vary immensely. When the discussion didn't address his specific question, I think he may have withdrawn from the forum discussion.

Thanks for your input.

Sugarcane52

Yes that is the model for the New Testament Church. Sadly i have found a majority of churches these days are not modeled after the NT church.

I firmly believe that the US is the Fortress that the Word of God has been protected for the last 400 years, and will continue til the believers are taken. While the world goes to hell in a handbasket, the united states will be the last place that will fall to the anti-christ.