• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/25/1978

Hey, I'm sorry. My post wasn't meant to offend anybody. I am just wondering if the Lord has something in store for us for the way we are taking Christianity out of everything. As I said. I don't have the gift of prophecy and I'd like to know if there's any pending doom awaiting us. I love the USA. I said so in my note. So please give me a chance here. I'm just asking a serious and honest question. As for my voting for Mr Bush. My regret is simple. He seems to have no flair for foreign affairs to me Bush's foreign affairs means dropping bombs. That's not always the way to go. That's all I meant. So please calm down and give me a break.

in Him;

-c-

My personal feelings my brother and this might cause some contreversy here is that America is a breeeding ground for excellence and at the same time evils are also borne out of there. I feel that alot of your leaders are not as they say they are and i feel sorry for them because they may not be in office long. I am South African and proudly so, so i realise the same amount of pride would be shown to your flag.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

America certainly isn't mentioned by name in the Bible. However, not all OT prophecy concerning Greece and Rome mentions them by name either, it was just filled in after it became obvious that "oh, Daniel was talking about Alexander's greece...and then Rome, etc.

So while you might not see "The word of the Lord concerning America", there are a few places in prophecy which definitely do apply to America. During the tribulation, America will either submit willing to the "beast" of Revelation, or else will be defeated in a war with the Beast.

We see here the America will eventually betray Israel, and will consequently be destroyed by God. (according to Revelation and Ezekiel, 5/6 of the armies will be destroyed, and 3/4 of the world population will be destroyed by God because of their sin and their conspiracy against Israel.)

Remember, "All" means just that, "Every one".

Revelation 13:7

And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Joel 3:2

I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

Zechariah 12:9

And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

Zechariah 14:2

For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

At the end of the tribulation, about 3/4 of the world population, including America, will die in the plagues.

Then the Lord will rule on the earth in person for 1000 years. Then at the end of the 1000 years, the evil heart of man will once again rebel against God, after seeing him face to face for a millenium of peace like the world has never known, they will once again try to destroy Israel. A common mis-conception is that Armaggedon and the Battle of Gog/Magog is the same event. They aren't. The Battle of Gog/Magog takes place after the Millenial reign. As clearly depicted in scripture.

Rev. 20:7And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. 9And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

So yes, America is mentioned in prophecy by the term "All nations", and in general, that is not a good thing, because it means that Biblically there isn't much place for America to go but down hill as the end of the age approaches.

No offense but this is the worst interpretation of Revelation I have ever seen.

sw

mrcorey:

"God is only in the present tense."

Your question about prophecy and USA is exactly what God Almighty wants you to be thinking about!

The United States was first introduced in Revelation 11.12-15.

The Two Witnesses up to Heaven [Government] was the movement in the United States to place the Bible [Two Witnesses] back in charge of the congregations with autonomy.

Alexander Campbell, a publisher, asked for prayers for the Fall of Babylon [1 Day: '59 - '60; and 1 Hour: Sept 20, 1870]. The Fall of Babylon was "the mystery of the God would be finished" (Rev 10.7, 11.15).

Then the US promoted the Millennium (Rev 14.6-7; Rev 20.1-7) which was 1859-1959.

Then "the bowl of the wrath of the God on the earth" (Rev 16.2) was the American Revolution.

Then the "murder of the Millennium" (Rev 20.7-8) was in the US.

In AD 2004, the Beast into lake of fire began (Rev 20.10). And it will continue 11 years (2015), as it did the first time (Rev 19.20; 1859-1870). This was front page news all year long. God is not working in secret. [in my youth, men believed these facts.]

sidwms

mrcorey:

"God is only in the present tense."

Your question about prophecy and USA is exactly what God Almighty wants you to be thinking about!

The United States was first introduced in Revelation 11.12-15.

The Two Witnesses up to Heaven [Government] was the movement in the United States to place the Bible [Two Witnesses] back in charge of the congregations with autonomy.

Alexander Campbell, a publisher, asked for prayers for the Fall of Babylon [1 Day: '59 - '60; and 1 Hour: Sept 20, 1870]. The Fall of Babylon was "the mystery of the God would be finished" (Rev 10.7, 11.15).

Then the US promoted the Millennium (Rev 14.6-7; Rev 20.1-7) which was 1859-1959.

Then "the bowl of the wrath of the God on the earth" (Rev 16.2) was the American Revolution.

Then the "murder of the Millennium" (Rev 20.7-8) was in the US.

In AD 2004, the Beast into lake of fire began (Rev 20.10). And it will continue 11 years (2015), as it did the first time (Rev 19.20; 1859-1870). This was front page news all year long. God is not working in secret. [in my youth, men believed these facts.]

sidwms

I take back what I said before. THIS is the worst interpretation of Revelation I have ever seen.

sw

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Ok, as an Englishman, I thought I'd stick my oar in here.

Personally, having tried to figure out where both America and Britain fit into prophecy for many years, I have been unable to.

Muslims call America the 'great satan', probably because of it's wealth, commerce, etc. Now, I have mixed feelings about this. Being more ready to side with the Americans ( I hate Islam, as I've stated before),...yet, though Bush and Blair 'claim' to be Christians...are they really? I don't know. I am inclined, though, to beware of claims of Christianity, when I see the supposed involvement of Bush in the 'skull and bones' society.

Is there are truth in this, or are they merely 'alarmist'?

In my view, the jury is still out on this one, since anybody who can refute these claims are able to do so, should they wish. Where are the naysayers?

Personally, I am doubtful about the claims of any world leader, be they from whatever country, including my own (England).

Nevertheless, because of my hatred of Islam and all it stands for, and my support for Israel, I am more inclined to side with America, the supporter of Israel, at least for the moment, until maybe further revelations come to light.

But, seriously, what about the new world order, supported by Bush? I know I am treading on dangerous ground here, because I had a thread deleted just the other day about global conspiracies.

I really don't know, in all honesty. I am still trying to learn. I know the American people are a patriotic people. I don't wish to offend any sensibilities, but could someone please enlighten me with a balanced view?

Personally, having tried to figure out where both America and Britain fit into prophecy for many years, I have been unable to.

Muslims call America the 'great satan', probably because of it's wealth, commerce, etc. Now, I have mixed feelings about this. Being more ready to side with the Americans ( I hate Islam, as I've stated before),...yet, though Bush and Blair 'claim' to be Christians...are they really? I don't know. I am inclined, though, to beware of claims of Christianity, when I see the supposed involvement of Bush in the 'skull and bones' society.

In my view, the jury is still out on this one, since anybody who can refute these claims are able to do so, should they wish. Where are the naysayers?

Personally, I am doubtful about the claims of any world leader, be they from whatever country, including my own (England).

Nevertheless, because of my hatred of Islam and all it stands for, and my support for Israel, I am more inclined to side with America, the supporter of Israel, at least for the moment, until maybe further revelations come to light.

But, seriously, what about the new world order, supported by Bush? I know I am treading on dangerous ground here, because I had a thread deleted just the other day about global conspiracies.

I really don't know, in all honesty. I am still trying to learn. I know the American people are a patriotic people. I don't wish to offend any sensibilities, but could someone please enlighten me with a balanced view?

You won't find the US or GB in the Bible.

Also, its irrelevent if Bush and Blair are Christians. What's important is that they act to protect their countries in an aggressive way against Islamic terror. Too bad more Western leaders don't have their backbone.

sw

Also, its irrelevent if Bush and Blair are Christians. What's important is that they act to protect their countries in an aggressive way against Islamic terror. Too bad more Western leaders don't have their backbone.

sw

But you didn't address my concerns, SW, which are not merely mine, but those of an increasing number. Are Bush and Blair involved in some nefarious practice to impose a world government upon us all?

sw

But you didn't address my concerns, SW, which are not merely mine, but those of an increasing number. Are Bush and Blair involved in some nefarious practice to impose a world government upon us all?

There is no basis for this at all. Once again you are listening to the conspiracy theory nut jobs rather than looking at things as they are.

sw

sw

There is no basis for this at all. Once again you are listening to the conspiracy theory nut jobs rather than looking at things as they are.

sw

All I'm saying, SW, is that there is a lot of stuff out there that would seem to indicate things are not as they seem. Maybe a cursory look at these things would not harm us, but may (and I say MAY) enlighten us to some of the things we are not currently aware of. I'm not saying that this IS the case, I'm just saying that if we have confidence in our leaders and ourselves, we have nothing to fear.

Any scrutiny of our belief systems should not inflame us, I believe. Jesus was not afraid of scrutiny. He was well prepared to deal with it. But we have to be sure that we KNOW what we know.

Don't get me wrong, but I am of the opinion that since suspicion has been levelled at us, we should be prepared to answer these claims. We should be transparent. Whether rightly or wrongly. If we are right, the truth will come out in the wash. Similarly, if we have been missing something, that will also come out, and we would be made to look like fools.

I myself don't know. But I believe we should answer these claims. Or are you of a different opinion?

Don't get me wrong, StWorm, I am NOT anti American. Not at all. I think America stands more or less level with Britain. I am anti muslim, and anti any other false doctrine.

I just think that if there are issues to be addressed, we should address them, whether they concern America, Britain, or any other.

I am reluctant to embrace nationalism of any kind, if it interferes with, and supercedes, our obligation to Jesus Christ and His gospel.

I think the gospel over-rides national boundaries, and we should not be too ready to 'fly the flag' as it were, if there is any doubt about it's validity. If there is NO doubt, then i would ask you to address these issues and lay both my mind and your mind to rest.

Your brother and fellow believer in Christ