• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

Hope everyone can download this video. It is described as "controversial" but (maybe I'm missing something obvious) I don't see anything wrong with it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nolavconsole/ifs_new..._wm_5358748.stm

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Good for them! We need to train up our children in the way they should go! A new generation of spiritual warriors is needed! We train our kids at our church about spiritual warfare, too.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

I'd honestly like to see "the real" film before I made any judgements. The "controversy" has to do with the whole "warrior" theme which calls to mind jihad and the crusades for some people. However, without seeing what the group actually means when the idea of being a warrior for Christ and laying down their lives for the gospel is discussed it's kinda hard to actually make a judgement.

I used to listen to the Bible Answer Man. He had his problems but I always liked the question he asked every day "Are you willing to do for the truth what others are willing to do for a lie?" It's a good question.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/25/1978

"Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord" Eph6:4

Well need i say more!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

I can't get to the site and download the video? Help?

• Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

It takes a while to download. Are you using a broadband plan? If so, maybe it is "overloaded".

Videos are pretty "heavy" on demand. Have you downloaded a lot of videos lately? A video is like downloading "1000 pictures". It takes up a lot of megabytes. If you just wait, it should come right.

Well, I might be wrong, but that is a theory anyway.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

k, finaly the correct window came up. This computer has been acting up lately...

Smashing mugs that say 'governement' on them? :) I would like to see the whole video when it is released. I don't like the sound of some of the psychological tactics behind the training.

• 6 months later...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  12/14/1982

Watched it last night and as a born-again Christian, I cringed and had to look away several times throughout this film.

I know it was film making and they set out to paint a picture but these folks were almost indefensible at times throughout this film. Please do not let it enter your head that all Christians are like these ones. Some of us arent obnoxious or power hungry and definitely dont want our kids to be brainwashed into a belief by the age of 5. I made my own choice in life and became a Christian at 21, nothing like what these kids went through in this film ever happened me, I do not agree with this method of witnessing and think that ultimately it will turn these very kids away from Christianity rather than helping them find the Truth.

What this does is it gives people who dont know much about Christianity a warped image and makes all Christians look like right-wing, highly opinionated and obnoxious bullies who preach hypocrisy and hate with a level of charlatanism Ive scarcely ever seen before. This for me is so frustrating as people Iwitness to after seeing this film will automatically recall this to mind and getting over that misconception is tough. I wish these folks could stand back and look at wehat they are doing to Christianity with these actions and their lifestyle, I believe many of the same things they do but refuse to be up in people's faces about it and be outspoken and crass about it at every available opportunity. I differ with them on other things though in that the stuff I am unsure about, I stay quiet by and large and say "I think from reading that........but Im not 100% because the Bible isnt that clear on it", but these folks, mostly without a thread of scholarly theological training, blow their lids 150% on the volume control blasting to everyone with their beliefs and their politics.

To all non-believers, I know some of you will have fouond a hotbed of ammunition from this film (especially with the Ted Haggard revelations) but please please please keep an open mind to Christianity and realise that there are those of us not like this film's portrayal.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  249
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I saw the film a week ago and did'nt know whether to laugh or cry. There are plenty of ways of getting children to like religion and show it's good points. This peole running these camps are ridiculous and bordering on child abuse.

• Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  313
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Iv seen that movie, i saw it on Swedish telivision, they love finding things that shows a violent side of America.

I find that movie intressting, and at the same time disturbing, especially when the lady said "forgett about democrasy", and in a previous scene showed a big picture of bush letting the children pray for the great president.