IGNORED

bar code and 666

Guest hdamaall

Guest hdamaall

I'm sure a lot of you know about this but this is to the ones who don't. my dad showed me this a few years ago and it amazed me on how sneaky it is lol. there are a lot of different types of bar codes, most ppl think that the only kind oare the kind on sales items, but there are many other types, one being shipping bar codes, others may mark merchandise. well to identify those bar codes there are different identifying markers on each different type of bar code, this being so that when something is scanned, the scanner knows what it's scanning for. well take anything you've bought, try a pice of software **since you're at your computer** but anything you buy will work. now look at the bar code on that piece of marchandise. you'll notice on the far left and the far right hand sides of where the lines start and end there's a set of two smal skinny bars that are longer **sometimes equal in lenth to some lines, but still the longest** than all the others, these set of bars will be on the riht an left side, now look in the middle, you'll see the same set of two long skinny bar, these three sets of bars marks that particular bar code as somthing that has been bought, you can look on anything and those same bars will be there. now that's now freaky in and of itself. it's when you go into what those two little skinny bar's numerical representation is.....6, yeah... each set represents a 6, meaning every thing you buy is identified w/ a 6, 6, and a 6. now I'm bein a doomsdayer, and saying that we should all barracade our houses and wait for wormwood to come craching down b/c of this, but what I am saying is that that partiular stage is already in the process of being set. 10 years ago you woulda said big deal, you hafta have the mark of the beast on you....and yeah you're right. but int todays culture they're already talking about inserting little capsules into chldren so that parents can locate them..hmm all that we need there is for someone to recognize that....hey we could put everyone's personal info into those capsules IE: credit card info, bank card info, bank account info, and insert it into ppl's hands so all they hafta do when they wanna check out at the store is swipe their hands. well...the problem w/ that is, those sales are still identified w/ the same 666 identifier, and no they probably won't change the identifier b/c the ppl who would be in charge of that would think the reason for doin so would be rediculous. neways, just some intersting stuff I thought I'd share.

Guest idolsmasher

Big Brother Briefs

Next-generation bar code could tag "every grain of rice." (Alorie Gilbert, CNET News) A new product numbering system has the potential to give every individual item in the world its own ID code The so-called EPC Network, which has been under development at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology for nearly five years, made its debut in Chicago on September 15.

EPC stands for electronic product code, which is the new product numbering scheme that's at the heart of the system. EPC is designed to provide a unique serial number for every item in the system. By contrast, bar codes only identify groups of products. So, all cans of Diet Coke within a country have the same bar code. Under EPC, every can of Coke would have a one-of-a-kind identifier.

"Put tags on every can of Coke and every car axle, and suddenly the world changes," boasts the Web site of the Auto-ID Center, the research group at MIT leading the charge on the project. Another feature of the EPC is its 96-bit format, which some say is large enough to generate a unique code for every grain of rice on the planet--or for "every molecule on Earth," according to MIT researchers.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

You know everybody is so afraid of the number 666. I do know it has significance, but all the fear is going overkill. I know people who go shopping and if it comes up 6.66 they freak and throw something up on the counter. I have worked in many different stores in stock and other positions and I will tell you there is no way to read a barcode than with a scanner.