• Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

What would they do with John the Baptist? :thumbsup::emot-heartbeat:

Quote Peoplepc News;

PETA Upset at Six Flags Roach Contest

Monday, September 25, 2006

GURNEE, Ill. - People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants Six Flags Great America to scrap its Halloween-themed cockroach-eating promotion.

A spokeswoman for the animal rights organization says the contest at the amusement park's FrightFest is "gratuitously cruel."

The park in Gurnee, Ill., is joining other Six Flags parks in offering unlimited line-jumping privileges to anyone who eats a live Madagascar hissing cockroach. The bugs are up to three inches long.

The contest begins next month.

Amusement park officials are defending their menu choice. Great America spokesman Jim Taylor says the bugs are nutritious, high in protein and fat free.

http://home.peoplepc.com/psp/newsstory.asp...60925-620646967

Peace,

Dave

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

Yucky!!!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

You know, that is just demonic to me. Just like Fear Factor. Appealing to the basest of our sinful characteristics: greed. Sheesh--now so one can get into a theme park! How bananas! :emot-pray:

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Trying to get something for free by eating something nutritional isn't evil, it'd prudential. :emot-pray:

What's absurd is PETA saying that...I almost just want to get a truck load of bugs and start stomping on them outside of PETA's office......You know....are they like that giant bug off Men in Black?

It's repulsive and stupid. Eat food, not bugs. We are nations of thrill-seekers, and have lost our minds. Like Nero fiddling while Rome burned.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

It's repulsive and stupid. Eat food, not bugs. We are nations of thrill-seekers, and have lost our minds. Like Nero fiddling while Rome burned.

Was John the Baptist demonic and thrill seeking?

There is nothign wrong in seeking thrill so long as it is not engaged in sin....eating a bug is eating food, they're some of the most nutritional things you can eat.

Was John the Baptist demonic and thrill seeking?

There is nothign wrong in seeking thrill so long as it is not engaged in sin....eating a bug is eating food, they're some of the most nutritional things you can eat.

I'd rather eat a hotdog. :emot-pray:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  07/29/1974

BUGS aren't ANIMALS. Ask any scientist!!!! They have no attributes as animals and BY THE WAY < we Eat animals!!!! Hello? Anyone there? PETA? Read your bible we can eat em.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

Grace to you,

What would they do with John the Baptist? :):P

Quote Peoplepc News;

GURNEE, Ill. - People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants Six Flags Great America to scrap its Halloween-themed cockroach-eating promotion.

A spokeswoman for the animal rights organization says the contest at the amusement park's FrightFest is "gratuitously cruel."

The park in Gurnee, Ill., is joining other Six Flags parks in offering unlimited line-jumping privileges to anyone who eats a live Madagascar hissing cockroach. The bugs are up to three inches long.

Amusement park officials are defending their menu choice. Great America spokesman Jim Taylor says the bugs are nutritious, high in protein and fat free.

Peace,

Dave

I live in a trailer park, near pine trees. We have two specific kinds of roaches which thrive in this atmosphere and I can't stand it. whichever group gets here first can have mine. If Peta wants to rescue them, I won't stop them. If someone else wants to eat them, I don't care. Just come get the lil buggers.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  474
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Grace to you,

What would they do with John the Baptist? :whistling::P

Quote Peoplepc News;

Peace,

Dave

I live in a trailer park, near pine trees. We have two specific kinds of roaches which thrive in this atmosphere and I can't stand it. whichever group gets here first can have mine. If Peta wants to rescue them, I won't stop them. If someone else wants to eat them, I don't care. Just come get the lil buggers.

:24: Lady Raven!

This story has upset me, too...BUT...for completely different reasons...for one, it's gross...&...It's still ALIVE...Eww!...at least kill and cook the thing!

Warning

Pregnant women should avoid reading this story just like they should avoid riding roller coasters...It's probably just best if you stay away from 6 Flags all together.

I mean, do you really want to wait around for your family to wait in line for the rides or possibly risk seeing others or your own family member(s) eat a large living Madagascar hissing cockroach?!? & then, imagine if your husband should try to kiss you afterward to amuse himself further :taped: . One might just have to faint away...possibly causing unnecessary harm to you and your child.

:P ...Spare me.

Most seriously, I think this is in very poor taste.