• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Yes I agree she is a typical left winged drive by liberal. If it were up to her the only one owning guns with be the ones doing all the shooting because they don't understand these people don't go through the legal steps to own guns. They either steal them or buy them on the black market. Owning a gun is my right and it's going to take more then Rosie to stop me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, killing is wrong...therefore God is a sinner.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/30/1987

this is interesting...

Switzerland gun politics.

In Switzerland, it is mandatory for just about all households to have guns... and yet their crime rate is much lower than ours...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

Can we put tape over her mouth already?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Why are you watching this lesbian?

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/25/1978

What do you think believers could do to make a difference? I know there are boycotts, petitions and things like that sometimes, but I'm serious....what really works? What can be done? :thumbsup:

If you're talking about getting these programs off the air, that'll never happen.

If you don't like the content...do what I do...don't watch.

Thats fine do not watch this content but what about the others that are watching do we not have a duty to stop this?

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

One woman who was a firm believer in pro life began an organization called Birthright. Louise Summerhill. It is now an international organization with dedicated volunteers all over the world. We have a little house in our city where we offer counseling for post abortion if it gets that far, we try to promote life and offer alternatives rather than the one thing we don't want them to do. It's a support group that grew out of the exceptional interest of pro life women. It is now run by her daughters and they have a website with an 800 number.

Also MAAD. Mothers against drunk drivers. Started with one woman who lost a child and now look. Amber Alerts, The Ronald MacDonald House, etc.... If you have a passion and a cause, go for it, take it all the way with the Lord's help if it's meant to be it will be.

These are some good, tangilbe examples of people who rose up against something to better society. Do you think there's a way to organize and object to violence, sexuality, etc....without labeling it as a necessarily "Christian" movement? Do you think it's more effective to take a different approach besides just using our faith as our platform? The reason I ask, is because I wonder if people would be more open to alot of the changes we would want if they didn't feel like we were trying to condemn them or convert them.

Of course, I obviously think that it's our faith that inspires us to want to bring change, and I'm not suggesting we should be ashamed or hide it. I'm just wondering if we face more opposition and resistance because of our perceived "religious agenda".

Actually, yes, I believe we can make a difference.....

we could start by picking one show, and passing it around as to have every one we know call the stations, the local stations, and tell them that show is not acceptable to be played on the air... if there are enough calls, the station will report it to the syndicate and they will not be obligated to show it, and if there are enough stations not showing it, it will be pulled..... just like the book of daniel show.... pulled before it even started.... yes, it did show a few places, but was not going to be making any money......

another way, is to contact the sponsors, those that advertise during that peticular show, telling them that if they choose to advertise during that show that you will boycott their products....

and yes, it will make a diff, for if enough sponsors will not pay for advertising during that time slot, then that show is not making any money..... and the local stations and the syndicate will pull the show....

now, there are several thousand people on this message board, if each would call on the same show just one time, and have some one else call on the same show just one time, that would be a huge impact on that show.

there is one thing i must caution us all on (myself included) is that we do not get so caught up in doing this that we loose focus on what is really important, for we have already been told this sort of thing will be around until the earth is renewed, purged.... we must retain our focus on God, not the things of this earth....

mike

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

If someone is standing in my kitchen threatening to harm my child or anyone who happens to be in my house I don't believe God would expect me to do anything less than whatever it took to defend that innocent person.

how likley is that situation to happen? Even so, you are still killing someone and commiting murder. Where in the Bible does it say we can do this? If you kill someone and are let off by the Law, you still have to face God over it. What would God say?

"Why did you kill that man? I did not say you could. Why did you not seek me out in prayer first? I had plans for that man, if you had prayed for me to intervene then i would have protected you. You could have saved this man had you prayed and talked to him, but now you have condemend his soul to the lake of fire."

God is our protector, not a gun.

I've got a great rolling pin that will take care of that guy in a jiff.

Funny I could see that too. I have a few cast iron skillets too.

I have a baseball bat by one of the doors and a bb gun by the other. Each of my children sleeps with either a sword/knife or bat beside or under his bed/night table. I don't believe the bible says we can't defend ourselves, though I'm not getting into this again heavily, it's useless. But we have an intruder law here in SC, and if someone comes in here the lack of a gun aint gonna stop us from taking care of the problem. (It would be easier to have a gun, but...while I was raised around guns, my children were not. Part of owning a gun includes some serious training which my children did not receive and therefore I would be taking a chance by having one).

andrew, if you are being attacked, and it is your life or theirs, and you defend yourself, this is not murder....

the Bible even tells us the differance, the 10 commandments is more accurate as being said thou shalt not murder......

there are other area's that speak about putting people to death.....

there are differant discriptions of killing, and murder is only one... here are a couple of them....

accidental: (two men fighting, one strikes a woman with child, child dies, man that stuck her, is guilty........)

punishment: a man laying with another man, as he would a woman, they both shall be put to death

murder: killing one man for envy, strife, greed, hatred, anger....

• Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

Geeze, I keep forgetting to check this topic. Lots of stuff going on!

Who is asserting that all killing is a sin? :wub:

All killing is not equal to murder.