• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/15/1962

:24: I BET HALF THE PEOPLE WHO RESPOND TO THIS QUESTION DONT REALLY KNOW THE ANSWER DO THEY? :)

Do you believe on Caps Lock? :wub:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

:24: I BET HALF THE PEOPLE WHO RESPOND TO THIS QUESTION DONT REALLY KNOW THE ANSWER DO THEY? :)

Do you believe on Caps Lock? :wub:

You know, I think we should have asked him that before we responded to his question...I don't know why I didn't...

Anita

You know, I think we should have asked him that before we responded to his question...I don't know why I didn't...

Anita

I'm sorry, it was a cheap shot, I couldn't resist. I hate it when people resort to jumping on spelling and grammar errors.

To get back on topic - I was saved, gave my life to Jesus, asked Jesus to enter my heart, surrendered to Jesus in 1983 when I was 21. Spent nigh on 8 years in a Baptist church, ran the sunday school for about 3 or 4 years. It was a good church. Middle of the road, not too fundie, not too liberal. They wouldn't freak out if you sang or danced or spoke in tongues, but it wasn't that common either.

So if there is solid scriptural basis for OSAS that'd please me no end!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  105
  • Birthday:  07/11/1966

We will never all fully agree on this subject. But, here is my take on it.

Christ said "Ye must be born again" (1 John 3:7) not "ye must be born again, again, and again.

Paul praises God for the confidence that, "He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion (Phillipians 1:6)

(1 Corinthians 1:8) promises that Christ will "keep you strong to the end"

(Jude 24) guarantees that God "is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault."

(Ephesians 1: 13-14) "In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory."

(John 10: 27-29) "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand."

Wow. Now there's something I've never heard before: A Baptist church that is "ok" with tongues!?!

All the baptists I personally know freak out and think "tongues" is demonic.

It was the Central Baptist church in Harare, Zimbabwe. It had a huge mix. Probably because it was "the big city" Young, old, black, white. Sure, there where some startched shirts that would not have approved, but the church was very solidly based in scripture, and even the dustiest of the deacons was up on the Acts of the Apostles. Midweek gatherings was where various church members got together with other who were more of their "style". Some of the groups were full on - prophesy and slaying in the spirit etc. But on Sundays everyone melted together into a good harmonious flock.

ps the Black/White thing was a big deal then in just post independance Zimbabwe. Having been brought up and educated ina white only school I saw it as God forcing some humility on me that it was the church's first black pastor that brought me to Christ and councelled me. I read from press reports tho that he 100% behind that evil piece of work Robert Mugabe. Perhaps he has become too ambitious politically and lost his way.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  375
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Christopher John,

Salvation is intertwined with faith, you cannot have one without the other.

Loss of Salvation is reserved for the Non-believer, as I said earlier you can only lose a free gift if you reject it. Those who reject Christ cannot be saved...if you do not truly believe you cannot be saved, if you truly believe you will be saved.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

1 Kings 3:3

And Solomon loved the LORD, walking in the statutes of David his father: only he sacrificed and burnt incense in high places.

1 Kings 4:29And God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding exceeding much, and largeness of heart, even as the sand that is on the sea shore.

30And Solomon's wisdom excelled the wisdom of all the children of the east country, and all the wisdom of Egypt.

31For he was wiser than all men; than Ethan the Ezrahite, and Heman, and Chalcol, and Darda, the sons of Mahol: and his fame was in all nations round about. 32And he spake three thousand proverbs: and his songs were a thousand and five.

1 Kings 10:24

And all the earth sought to Solomon, to hear his wisdom, which God had put in his heart.

1 Kings 11

1But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites:

2Of the nations concerning which the LORD said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto you: for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love.

3And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart.

4For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father.

5For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.

6And Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and went not fully after the LORD, as did David his father.

7Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon.

8And likewise did he for all his strange wives, which burnt incense and sacrificed unto their gods. 9And the LORD was angry with Solomon, because his heart was turned from the LORD God of Israel, which had appeared unto him twice,

It would save people a lot of headache if they would learn to read.

Once saved always saved then is a matter of the heart and personal choice. Since this is so therefore the answer to the OP's question is 'yes' and 'no.'

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

:) I BET HALF THE PEOPLE WHO RESPOND TO THIS QUESTION DONT REALLY KNOW THE ANSWER DO THEY? ;)

From timeless eternity God has not changed his mind about my salvation.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I totally agree it is by faith alone we are saved. Of course true faith will have implications in your life but that is a different topic.

The question is, can someone lose faith that once had faith? We have solid scriptural evidence that people who know the Lord, people who call on the Lord and people who think they have faith, will in the end not have faith. We see that in scripture.

I don't have a problem with anybody who has faith in Christ resting totally in that faith and we should have that boldness and confidence not in ourselves, but in the promise of Christ we can have total confidence in this promise. I do think though that we should be very careful about what faith means and what it does not mean, and not delude people into a cheap false faith which they call on only when they are afraid we cannot rest in a false faith.

I don't believe in emotional point in time experiences being required for faith or salvation so maybe I just don't see OSAS as an issue one way or the other.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

No, I believe in the perseverance of the saints. That is a different doctrine alltogether