• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

The question asked is " DO YOU BELIEVE IN ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED?"

No, I do not believe in that for many reasons all of which ARE scriptural.

Mind giving me the Scriptural reasons against OSAS??

Most certainly charlye, but I will not do it in open forum for there to become an ugly, get no where debate on it..if you would like to speak privately..feel free to PM me. I would then gladly share and listen.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

No, I believe in the perseverance of the saints. That is a different doctrine alltogether

I agree with this statement. I don't hold to the term "OSAS", but I believe in eternal security.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Romans 11:29 - "For God's gifts and his call are irrevocable".

John 10:28 "I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish: no-one can snatch them out of my hand"

Another misquote from the lies of OSAS, so lets look at the verse in full conext:

Jhn 10:27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

Jhn 10:28 "And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.

So those that are never snatched out of Jesus hand are those that FOLLOW HIM. We dont just believe and praise and pray and sit back... we must follow Him. Read the Sermon on the Mount (Matt ch 5, 6, 7).

If we dont Follow Jesus, then whether we are Born Again or not, Jesus will be saying this to us:

Mat 7:21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

Mat 7:22 "Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'

Mat 7:23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!

The above is for Christians. Not atheists or people of other religions. It is for CHristians. We are called to Follow Jesus and do Gods Will. If we don't= No Heaven. OSAS is a lie from the devil to cause confusion, complacency and sinfull attitudes amongst Christians

If youbelieve in OSAS, then i would repent and start combining Faith with Good Works (such as those described in the Sermon on the Mount), as in the Book of James, Faith without Works is DEAD.

Peace

Jai

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

SALVATION

A LICENSE TO SIN?

There is no subject in the Bible more Misinterpreted or Deliberately Distorted than that of Salvation.

What should be as simple as 1 + 1 = 2 has been twisted into something "Alien" from what Jesus taught in the Gospel.

One of the most asked Questions in Protestant Christianity is,

"Can A Christian Lose His or Her Salvation?

Believers ask this Question because:

1) Salvation is often packaged in a way which appears as

A Divine Object that God gives to The Repentant.

2) Gifts and Objects can Be lost, stolen or misplaced.

The Truth of The Gospel is that we cannot "accidently" lose our salvation as we can lose our wallet or car keys." We can deliberately lose and trash our Salvation by unrepentant sin to the point of hardening our heart to GOD.

Satan knows the above Truth and he knows that if Christians follow this, They will bear fruit of love and peace and kindness and draw many to JESUS... well the devil cannot have this! He wants Christians to be lazy, complacent, full of hypocrisy and self righteousness and darkness.

Thus, Satan, The Father of All Lies, thought of a way to Distort The Gospel to turn Christians more sinful than Sodom and more wicked than Gommorrah. And he came up one of his sweetest of all lies.

ETERNAL SECURITY

This is The Most Destructive Doctrine in Protestant Christianity today. Started by Luther and His Reformers as "Salvation By Faith Alone", this Satanic Falsehood was renamed "Eternal Security" by the Baptist Clergy, commonly known as "Once Saved Always Saved", more wide-spread thruout The Bible Belt than Corn Stalks, White Gravy and Nascar.

ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED falsely teaches us when we Repent and Receive Jesus as Our Savior (Acts:2:38) we are "Saved Forever", Given A Guaranteed - Irrevokable, Heaven.

ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED falsely

Tells us that all of our sins;

PAST -- PRESENT -- FUTURE are Automatically Forgiven.

"Once Saved" Theology actually claims

Our Future Sins Are Forgiven

Whether we repent and confess

them to God or not.

ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED falsely promises us that we cannot

"Lose" our Salvation no matter what we do, no matter how much we sin, no matter how cruely or brutally we treat others.

ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED IS SATAN'S VIRTUAL LICENSE TO SIN, TO SIN YOUR WAY TO HEAVEN AND TRAMPLE THE GRACE AS GOD AS YOU DO!

I could show you twelve verses why "Once Saved Always Saved" is false Theology and a lie of hell.

Now I will show you the strongest verse that disproves Baptist Theology. This is The Words of JESUS Himself to a sinning Church at Sardis in Revelation chapter three.

"He who overcomes shall be

clothed in white garments, and

I will not blot-out his name from

the Book of Life but rather I

will confess his name before

My Father and before His

angels." Rev:3:5

JESUS Warns He Has An Eraser and will "BLOT OUT" The Names of Christians (from The Book of Life) who sin and sin and refuse to repent!

THIS ONE VERSE FROM JESUS

HIMSELF SHATTERS THE DOGMA

OF "ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED".

THE TRUTH OF SALVATION

SALVATION IS

A DIVINE JOURNEY, A PROCESS

A WALK WITH GOD.

A Person cannot lose a Process

but it can be stopped.

A person cannot lose a Journey,

but he can quit and turn back.

A person cannot misplace a Walk with God but he can choose to Walk Away from God and Feast at The Devil's Table.

"ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED"

THEOLOGY NEGATES OUR FREE WILL

AND CONTRADICTS VIRTUALLY ALL

THAT JESUS TAUGHT IN THE GOSPELS.

St. Paul divided Salvation into Three Distinct Phases,

Emcompassing The Role of Our Free Will

1- Justification 2- Sanctification 3- Glorification

(1) JUSTIFICATION

"Repent and be baptized for the

forgiveness of sins in JESUS name

and you shall receive the Gift of

the Holy Spirit." ACTS:2:38

This Is When Jesus Becomes Your Savior

Starting with the First Century Church, Believers would

Repent of their sins

Be forgiven by God and receive The Gift of The Holy Spirit.

They would experience The Peace of God and

Sense A Love from Above.

JUSTIFIED = PAST SINS

JUST- AS IF- I'D- NEVER SINNED

Acts 2:38 refers to our Past Sins: what we have done wrong.

No matter what we have done or how bad we have lived, we can be forgiven.

This is the Good News of the Gospel.

PRESENT SINS

We are only forgiven for our present sin if

We confess and ask forgiveness.

(1 Jn:1:9)

FUTURE SINS

1} We don't know our future sins and how we will react to God. We don't know if we will repent or fall-away? {Rev:3:5}.

2} We don't even know if we will follow Christianity six months from today. And "if we do not forgive others, God will

Not forgive us." {Matt:6:14-15}.

{2} SANCTIFICATION

Here is Phase 2 of our Salvation, where we are

Sanctified or SET-APART to do God's Will,

"On Earth as it is in Heaven."

This is when Jesus Becomes Lord.

1} We follow what Jesus taught on an everyday

(Mt:7:21/ Mt:10:38/Jn:10:27)

2} Overcome evil which is greed and hatred and our fear

{Satan's Domain} and --

3} Earn our Crown of Life, of Eternal Life.

(Ja:1:12 = Rev:3:11-12)

"He who overcomes shall be

clothed in white garments, and

I will not blot-out his name from

the Book of Life but rather I

will confess his name before

My Father and before His

angels." Rev:3:5

"He who overcomes, I will

make a pillar in the temple

of My God".... {Rev:3:12}.

"He who overcomes I will

grant to sit with me on My

throne, as I have overcome

and sat down with My Father

on His throne. {Rev:3:21}.

There are Seven Warnings to "Overcome"

In Rev: Chapters 2 and 3.

If we do not overcome, there will be

No Crown of Eternal , No Heaven.

{3} GLORIFICATION

This Is When Jesus Becomes Our Redeemer.

Here is where Those Who Overcome Receive their

Crown of Life - of Eternal Life.

"Overcomers" are given a New Glorified Body in Heaven

That will never age or die.

(Rev:21:7).

Don't believe me or anyone else.

Read the words of Jesus for yourself.

SERMON BY PASTOR HARRY WALTHER OF WWW.SATANSRAPTURE.COM

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  1

Another misquote from the lies of OSAS, so lets look at the verse in full conext:

I am addressing this as a moderator. This style of discussion is not acceptable here at Worthy. It is fine to disagree and show your biblical reasons for doing so. But using terms like "lie" do not strengthen your argument. In fact, they do just the opposite.

Please try to apply this passage to your discussions:

And the Lord's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged, with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will.

2 Timothy 2:24-26 NASB

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Well the only heresy is the idea that we need to do some sort of deeds or works in order to have salvation. That is indeed a lie. Our salvation was totally accomplished by Christ and what He has already done. In fact the bible is so strong on that it says that those who attempt justification through the law have fallen from grace.

The problem is a misunderstanding about what faith is and what it means. If you have no struggle in your flesh if you are not fighting against the flesh everyday, it is doubtful that the Holy Spirit resides in you and you have true faith. Without faith we would love sin, we would feel no guilt when we did sin, the reason we would not sin would be for fear of punishment or hope of earning or currying favor with God.

With faith we burst forth with good works that were ordained for us to walk in. With faith we attempt to subdue our flesh out of love for Christ, not out of fear of torment. Love casts out fear. Now we must walk in the good works that Christ has given us. We can I think turn our backs and run from faith and from the Holy Spirit. Do we believe the promise of Christ or not? Part of faith is believing this promise of forgiveness and salvation, even when we ourselves do not feel forgiven, when we still sin, when we feel lost. Faith simply shines a light on some of our sin; it makes us recoil at who we really are and brings us to only one thing, a total reliance on Christ alone.

Guest Jude 1:3
:thumbsup: I BET HALF THE PEOPLE WHO RESPOND TO THIS QUESTION DONT REALLY KNOW THE ANSWER DO THEY? :24:

Do I believe in OSAS? Yes and no. If we're walking with Christ, we are secure in our salvation. But if we claim to be Christian, yet abandon ourselves to the flesh, we won't receive the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 says, Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. Seems awfully clear to me! :P

Edited by Jude 1:3

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Certainly living in sin without remorse, regret nor without the help of the Holy Spirit to put you on the right path, would be an indication of a lack of faith in Christ.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

No, I do not believe in OSAS as Calvin preached and as Baptists, Reform, etc teach.

Het prof, I'm glad to see that you didn't go to college just to eat your lunch. I agree with you for a change. :thumbsup: