Warrior of Christ

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  3

In 2004 a pastor came into my house. At that time i was sitting on the bed watching WWE Smackdown ( i am a big fan of wrestling) I was feeling good, not down or anything. Later that night, the pastor tells me that when he walked into the room and saw me watching tv, that a demon was sitting right next to me. I don't understand, wouldn't demons make me feel hatred towards this man the minute he sat down next to me?

I'm trying not to have a negative attitude, but this man said that my now fiance has slept with other men before me. That all women lust for other men, bascially sterotyping women. He made me pray with him, he told me he took casted 6 demons out of me, which is something i REALLY don't understand since i was feeling good that whole day. I think he was fraud and maybe sent by Satan himself to lie to me.

A true Man of God would not have said those things. Clearly he was trying to pull a fast one. What he said reminds me of how cult leaders talk. If you encounter,him again or anyone like him, be quick to show him the door.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  3

I think if it weren't illegal many pedophiles would be married to teenage girls, they love the girls. You have to understand, not all pedophiles want to kidnap and rape 8 year old girls. Being a pedophile means a person has a sexual preference towards children, just as heterosexual means a person has a sexual preference towards members of the opposite sex. It isn't a sin to be heterosexual, is it? I'm not saying pedophilia is right, I'm just saying it's not a sin. Now, I understand the real definition of pedophile means attraction to prepubescent girls. I think that sexual relations with girls that are too young (for me I'd say around 16, but then it varies a LOT depending on the girl's maturity) are wrong. The thing is, the bible doesn't define an age, the law does (and the law is quite modern, grown men were marrying 14 year old girls for hundreds of years.)

Anyway, I'm not attracted to young girls, and I really don't care about other people's views on pedophilia since they don't really concern me, I'm just pointing out that the scripture has nothing to say on the subject.

Bob you stated in your first post..that being a pedophile is not a sin..being homosexual is not a sin either..unless it is acted upon. If an adult forces a child to perform sex they are committing a sexually immoral act against that child. Does it say in the bible whether or not rape is a sin? If it doesn't, do you consider it a sin? And if so, why?

Its interesting to see this subject here, I love responding to touchy subjects.

Pedophilia was legal in Bible times. Mary was only 13 or 14 when she was engaged to Joseph. It was legal for thousands of years. There are 618 laws in the torah, and NO prohibition of pedophilia. Interesting. The New Testament however does declare that we are to submit to man's laws as well as God's. Even though God has no problem with it, since man does, it IS wrong AND sinful. Man cannot change what he is attracted to, but he does have full control of his actions. Pleasing God should matter more than our lusts amd desires, no matter how just we might think they are. One observation however, with the skyrocketing amount of people getting in trouble for this act, I believe it is FAR more common than society would care to admit, and might even be more common than Homosexuality, which IS forbidden in scripture.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

This ancient thread was resurrected for that? :blink:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

He's been resurrecting a lot of dead threads. I think it was to bring his post count up so he can start his own topic, the likely reason for his coming signing up to the board.

Just my guess.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,790
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

He's been resurrecting a lot of dead threads. I think it was to bring his post count up so he can start his own topic, the likely reason for his coming signing up to the board.

Just my guess.

He is new He might not be looking for the dating on material or if the person is even still active... :thumbsup:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

Just my guess.

He is new He might not be looking for the dating on material or if the person is even still active... :thumbsup:

I agree, Steven. We need to extend a hand to those who come here and not assume anything until we come to know them. :)

• 8 years later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 12/31/2011 at 8:45 PM, taylor30 said:

A true Man of God would not have said those things. Clearly he was trying to pull a fast one. What he said reminds me of how cult leaders talk. If you encounter,him again or anyone like him, be quick to show him the door.

It depends, dont be offended but take it on the chin. It can be seen as something good because sometimes i try to cast demons out, nothing happens but then later during the night i feel something move out from me. If you met me you wouldnt think i was demon possessed. If he said he cast demons out of you, believe in it, because it also means 6 demons left your life, what i am saying is try and take advantage of that word.