• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

I beg your pardon RT.

Where did you highlight the section I put in green above. You skipped it is what I was pointing out.

I posted it, but I don't consider it worth highlighting. It has nothing to do with the points I wanted to get across. However, I do see how you are highlighting it as your major point. I agree that it is singular, but I just don't agree that because it is singular, it has to be a single man coming in the future.

How do you interpret the phrase

ye have heard that antichrist shall come

who is this antichrist(singular) that John is referring to that shall come?

There are many antichrists (unbelievers) [plural], just as there are many Christians (believers) [plural]. There are many believers but they all have the same Holy Spirit (singular), just as there are many unbelievers having the same antichrist spirit (singular).

So what we have is the body of antichrist (singular) opposing the Body of Christ (singular). And the result was that antichrist attempted to kill and destroy the new founded Church. It wasn't destroyed, but it was scattered all over the Roman world. Saul of Tarsus was the ring leader then, that is until Jesus put a stop to him and blinded him on the road to Damascus. Yet the story is not finished there. There has been other such ring leaders that have sought to destroy the Church down through the ages, and there will be at least another ring leader coming during the 7 year tribulation, the son of perdition.

You forgot to answer my question.

Do you believe the beast in Revelation is also a man as commonly believed by many? If so, why do you believe this?

It is also commonly believed that this beast and/or antichrist will receive a fatal head wound and then he will be healed. Many even believe that he will be healed or resurrected after three days Like Jesus was. What do you think about this?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

I beg your pardon RT.

Where did you highlight the section I put in green above. You skipped it is what I was pointing out.

I posted it, but I don't consider it worth highlighting. It has nothing to do with the points I wanted to get across. However, I do see how you are highlighting it as your major point. I agree that it is singular, but I just don't agree that because it is singular, it has to be a single man coming in the future.

How do you interpret the phrase

ye have heard that antichrist shall come

who is this antichrist(singular) that John is referring to that shall come?

There are many antichrists (unbelievers) [plural], just as there are many Christians (believers) [plural]. There are many believers but they all have the same Holy Spirit (singular), just as there are many unbelievers having the same antichrist spirit (singular).

So what we have is the body of antichrist (singular) opposing the Body of Christ (singular). And the result was that antichrist attempted to kill and destroy the new founded Church. It wasn't destroyed, but it was scattered all over the Roman world. Saul of Tarsus was the ring leader then, that is until Jesus put a stop to him and blinded him on the road to Damascus. Yet the story is not finished there. There has been other such ring leaders that have sought to destroy the Church down through the ages, and there will be at least another ring leader coming during the 7 year tribulation, the son of perdition.

Hi RT,

Thank you for your response.

Just as there was the person of Jesus Christ, a real man, there will be a real person, The Antichrist.

Just as there is a body of Christ there will be and already is a body of antichrist.

anti in greek has the primary meaning of INSTEAD OF rather than against.

You forgot to answer my question.

Do you believe the beast in Revelation is also a man as commonly believed by many? If so, why do you believe this?

It is also commonly believed that this beast and/or antichrist will receive a fatal head wound and then he will be healed. Many even believe that he will be healed or resurrected after three days Like Jesus was. What do you think about this?

To answer your question specifically you need to point to a particular verse and indicate which particular beast you are referring to. But to generally answer your question, I believe that in some instances it refers to a political system and in others to an individual.

LT

Just as there was the person of Jesus Christ, a real man, there will be a real person, The Antichrist.

I'm still waiting for scripture to back this belief. Without it, this is nothing more than 100% pure speculation.

anti in greek has the primary meaning of INSTEAD OF rather than against.

Are you thinking that antichrist has taken Christ's place?

I'm still waiting for scripture to back this belief. Without it, this is nothing more than 100% pure speculation.

1John refers to The Antichrist that shall come.

1Jo 2:18

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

I don't know, but I sure am hoping.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

All of the posts in the world on who believes what regarding the Anti-Christ, millennial kingdom, tribulation etc etc etc.....they will never replace what we ALL know for sure.

That Christ lived and died for each of us as a whole and individually. God loves us so very much that He put Himself inside of a human body and endured so that He could bring us home. While He was here He gave us very simple principles to live by. Which we all fall short of each and every day, and He knew that we would, but He gave it to us anyhow...His love is that great. We are not worthy but it doesn't matter to Him. He sees past the imperfections of the outward and looks into our hearts and sees the beauty He created that we ourselves cannot see..sometimes in our own selves as we look into the mirror and very often in those around us. Even our brothers and sisters in Him.

For those who have truly given their hearts and their lives over to Christ our King will meet at the great wedding feast. We will dine with one another and know each other even if we never meet face to face on earth. Each and everyone of us will rejoice over every trial, tribulation, heartache, loss of loved ones and even persecutions if that is to be the case, because it was all worth the eternity we will spend with our Maker. And we will worship Him for His wisdom and will that He worked through each of our lives. The One and Only Living and Breathing God who made each and everyone of us as unique as the snowflakes that fall in winter.

And I don't believe in luck, I believe in Jesus Christ.

At least we agree on something, and that's a double dipper. :th_wave:

May the Lord bless you in your studies larry.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  526
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  05/03/1961

first off,

how do you know that he will never rule over America? what are the 10???

second, anti-christs are ruling over America now, we voted them in office,

there are many anti-christ.... an anti-christ is one that goes against Christ, how have our leaders stayed with Christ in whole? shoot, our leaders were the ones that curse Abraham, and as is told, those that curse Abraham will be cursed, those that bless him will be blessed.....

if you go against Israel, you are going against Abraham, and also the House of David which is where Christ is.... no different then if you go against my son, or grandson, you are going against me.....

so,

how do you know that America is not one of the 10 that is spoken about?

are you sure the USA is not the new babylon? we are infact prostituting ourselves, selling ourselves for anything we think will help us become successful in the worlds eyes, oil, cars, bigscreen tv, game systems, anything that brings pleasure to the flesh for a very very very short time....being we (in general, our leaders pushing it) bow to baal worship, we have idols of great earthly value, we get more excited over a drug using man making a fool of himself on stage then we do about singing praises to The Creator... we have left our first love, we have turned our backs on The One That Loves Us.... That Created Us....

we kill our babies as if they mean nothing, we cut them up and offer them up as sacrafice to the god known as science....

we practice all sorts of seXual immoralities, with out even the slightest hint of any remorse, much less repentance... swim suit books mags.... two women on a cover of a mag at the super market for all to see (cosmo...).... jokes about the secretary, the nurse, the grocery store clerk... the way we dress, showing off our bodies in ways that are suppose to be reserved for only our spouse........the lust in our eyes, the movies we watch do they Glorify the Lord? or tear Him down????

The United States is far from being a Godly Nation.....

the founding fathers of this nation would not just turn over in their graves, they would come back and set us straight....

we use every term we can think of that might justify our actions, so that we can continue to live a retrobate life......

WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THE USA IS EXEMPT????????????//

we suffer a disaster, and we wonder where God is, we wonder why God would allow such a thing.......

AMERICA, WAKE UP, LOOK AT WHAT WE ARE DOING TO OUR COUNTRY AND TO ISRAEL AND TO THE WORLD AND TO CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how do you know that the USA is not going to be involved with THE anti-christ???????????//

looks to me like we are already promoting him....

mike

Beautifully put together; America sold out to the anti Christ very early in the piece, when they allowed the Vatican to control the political voting system by filling the country with Irish migrants.

R.C. slaves, bound under threat of ex-communication, to vote according to what their church instructed them

This was fulfilled with the election of John F. Kennedy, the first R.C. president, and look at what has happened to the moral standards, the integrity, the prosperity and sanity of your nation since then

We know the anti-Christ is Rome, but who is the false prophet?

How can the leader of the strongest nation on the earth kneel down and kiss , do obescience, to the head of the anti-Christ?

Who is your boss?

Time magazine did a very interesting series of articles on the Gulf war, in which they reported that Boris Yeltsin, Michel Gorbachov AND GEORGE BUSH, were constantly in contact with the Vatican during that exercise. Were they getting instructions?

As Bush (elder) said,"We don't want to be the world police force, but, someone has to do the job", and under who's instruction?

We know the anti-Christ is Rome, but who is the false prophet?

The modern translations describe the city that rules over the kings of the earth as being situated on "seven hills". [e.g. Rome]

The KJV on the other hand reads "seven mountains" on which the woman sitteth. If you know the KJV well you also know that "mountains" represent nations. So that the seven mountains are seven nations from which the great whore works her dealings, and has her throne.

Second point, when the pharisees accused Jesus of having a demon and casting out devils by beelzebub, He told them that blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is an eternal sin and would never be forgiven. I know that all true Catholics are born of God, and that one who isn't born of God cannot even attain the priesthood, never mind the papacy. These things being true then can only mean that the Catholic church is of God, and you John R Nolan may have blasphemed the Holy Spirit of God, who dwells within each of the members of the true Catholic church.