Christians can believe in Bell Witch, town says

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Demons love to inhabit places where extreme violence and murder has taken place. I think it's because they have a hand in influencing such behavior, and when the person or people die as a result of evil influence, demons move in and claim the territory as their own.

Of course whoever has the legal deed to the house has authority to run these beings off in 'Jesus' name'.

Most people don't know anythng about this authority and allow the demons place in their lives.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/28/1982

Things like this should not be taken lightly. The enemy is dangerous and is out to destroy. Fortunately we are covered by the blood of Christ and will never die.

I know that when Christians talk about things like this they get all excited. I did. But its something that is evil and dangerousto those who arent ready for it. I witnessed an attack on a friend of mine. It was a particulary violent attack and the at first she (and we) thought it was a wild animal as we camping in the bush at the time. We found out very quickly that it wasnt an animal and her life was turned upside down cause the situation wasnt handled properly. She would see these creatures everywhere and she had a breakdown. Its no joke. Eventually with prayer and counseling she was delivered from this but it took its tole.

Brothers and sisters in Christ must remember that while we mustnt glorify these thing, we should always be prepared cause the devil roams like a lion. He is sly and will try and strip you of your faith in the blood of Christ.

God bless!

Sean

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Why should we even dwell on these things?

We know the enemy is going around seeking to destroy!

Give Him no more glory to display what He can do but glorify the Lord and what He can do, can He indwell in us?

Is He in our home the unseen gast?

Is He really welcome in your home??

Would He want to be in your home?

Angels

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Why should we even dwell on these things?

We know the enemy is going around seeking to destroy!

Give Him no more glory to display what He can do but glorify the Lord and what He can do, can He indwell in us?

Is He in our home the unseen gast?

Is He really welcome in your home??

Would He want to be in your home?

Angels

This is the problem with trying to discuss this type of topic. To some, it has to mean you are "dwelling" on and "welcoming" such things. uggggggg!!!!!! Frustrating!

This is what the topic is about, btw.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

It sounds to me like what these people are experiencing is demonic in origin. The reason I say that is because such poltergeist activity, where the "ghost" is able to move objects, indicates it is more than just images being somehow replayed over and over like watching a movie, but is a real entity.

The reason why these churches want to accept the existence of ghosts and claim they are compatible with Christianity is obvious. It is much easier to entice tourists to their town with stories like that than to say the town has demonic activity. It is like Roswell, New Mexico. They make a lot of money off people coming to see the place where aliens landed. Of course they will claim they are real.

Is it just me, or hasn't it become obvious that when someone has a personal agenda, they are willing to make allowances for something completely against the Bible, but say that their beliefs are compatible with it? I have seen this done by homosexuals, feminists, evolutionists, and now those who make money off of people's belief in ghosts. The bottom line is that we either believe the Bible or we don't. The Bible says that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. It doesn't say we are forced to remain on this earth till we enter "the light." That is the teachings of the new agers. It is possible to accept paranormal activity, but we need to recognize that it is not ghosts, but demons.

Butero,

Read the article a bit closer; they're not accepting it as you seem to think:

"We found that many Christians believe houses can be haunted by demons or ghosts and that's something their faith accepts."

In Adams, the hauntings could mean the work of the devil, a force Christians must contend with but do not have to fear, said Chuck Cato, pastor of Red River Baptist Church. "As a Christian, we recognize angels as being messengers of God and demons being messengers from dark sources, from Satan, the devil," Cato said.

The woman thought to be the Bell Witch, Kate Batts, was a member of that church more than 200 years ago.

"So if I saw Kate in the woods, or if I saw my grandmother in the woods, I would say it's not a spirit but a demon who used a familiar form to communicate with me," Cato said.

"As a born-again Christian, we don't have the fear of that demonic activity because we have something within us that provides protection and in the name of Jesus Christ they have to vanish."

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

This brings to mind the only time witchcraft (and spirits of the dead, I might add) was actually discussed with any length in scripture.

When God allowed the spirit of Solomon to visit Saul via the Witch at Endor, it was not the witch's doing, as a comprehensive reading will reveal, but God's. Solomon went on to denounce Saul's use of a necromancer, and (many scholars believe) Saul's punishment was harsher because of it.

"Ghost communication" is a big thing right now, but it's nothing to play with. I agree with those who say the "Bell Witch" phenomena is almost certainly demonic. There's plenty of historical evidence to back up that the events really did happen, in one way or another, but people who insist that this thing is, or somehow was, human, are very, very mistaken.

The more I study ghost phenomena (and believe me, I study it a lot), the more I am convinced that "ghosts" are demons sent for the express purpose of spreading confusion about the "after-life" through misinformation, false hope (in some cases) and fear.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

This brings to mind the only time witchcraft (and spirits of the dead, I might add) was actually discussed with any length in scripture.

When God allowed the spirit of Solomon to visit Saul via the Witch at Endor, it was not the witch's doing, as a comprehensive reading will reveal, but God's. Solomon went on to denounce Saul's use of a necromancer, and (many scholars believe) Saul's punishment was harsher because of it.

"Ghost communication" is a big thing right now, but it's nothing to play with. I agree with those who say the "Bell Witch" phenomena is almost certainly demonic. There's plenty of historical evidence to back up that the events really did happen, in one way or another, but people who insist that this thing is, or somehow was, human, are very, very mistaken.

The more I study ghost phenomena (and believe me, I study it a lot), the more I am convinced that "ghosts" are demons sent for the express purpose of spreading confusion about the "after-life" through misinformation, false hope (in some cases) and fear.

:thumbsup:

• 3 months later...
Guest So It Begins

The good news is that we need not be afraid.

Romans 8:15 - For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father."