• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  511
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/08/1975

2 Timothy 3

1 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God-- 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

6 They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7 always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth. 8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these men oppose the truth--men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9 But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.

2 Timothy 4

3 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are these for today? Or are they something that was happening when Paul wrote these words? I am not a student of prophesy...but I was reading this today and it struck me that every one of these behaviors is predominant in our society today.

And with everyone lately coming here with their own doctrine....being taught and listening to what they want to hear, well.....does this scare anyone?

I for one....if true....amd completely ready to go home! But it honestly grieves me to know that people rae profaning the Lord and His work.

Oh well....I would enjoy some insight.

Thanks! :rolleyes:

~your servant in Christ

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

I think that these scriptures were written for both those times and ours.

As soon as Christ was crucified, this marked the end times.

Now of cource the closer we get to the end, the more rampant these sins will be.

You have a keen insight into the end times here brother and we need to warn others that the time is very near.

I personally believe we will see it (the confirmation of the covenant, and the great war of wars) in our lifetime, most likely within the next 10 years or so.

We as Christians are actually living in very priviledged times.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Yes, I think we could see the war of wars very soon too ...and I also think that these srcriptures are clearly for the last days which started after Jesus rose from the death.

Look around you its all there..even the love of alot of Christian is growing colder (how can that be?)

2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God-- 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

6 They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7 always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth.

I think we should be ready to meet Jesus soon, we might fly away soon!!

Are we trying to win as many people for the Lord as we can before it is too late?

It is often so difficult to wittness to unbelievers because they don't want to believe...they have their own opinion remember the Bible said it is all foolesness to them :rolleyes:

Love in Christ,Angels

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  881
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Who is denying the power of God?

What is the power of God that is denied?

Phi 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

Hi Friends :rolleyes:

Are these for today? Or are they something that was happening when Paul wrote these words? I am not a student of prophesy...but I was reading this today and it struck me that every one of these behaviors is predominant in our society today.

I agree with Angels4u we have seen this all through the years from Jesus time to ours. But the bible talks of a great falling away and I believe we are witness to this today even on this forum.

And with everyone lately coming here with their own doctrine....being taught and listening to what they want to hear, well.....does this scare anyone?

Well not so much scares me but it does deeply sadden me.

I for one....if true....amd completely ready to go home! But it honestly grieves me to know that people rae profaning the Lord and His work.

I must confess I feel less sorrow for those preaching this profanity. But my heart goes out to the decived ones who have gone out to search but have been savaged on the way by wolves dressed as sheep. We must never cease from our reaching out in love to them.

All praise the Ancient Of Days

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.94

For me, a sign of the times is the "ordaining" of a Gay Bishop in the Episcople Church.

If that isn't a clear sign of the times and a reflection of Sodom, I don't know what is.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  511
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  03/08/1975

yeah....I keep thinking about that too.....

I fear for our country because of that....

I fear for those peoples souls.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.70

It is our love of stuff and money and our vanity, that has me greatly concerned. We are in a state of self-adoration and all our adornments are being displayed.

From the Abomination and the Temple Thread:

NT-Luke 16:13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. 14 And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided him. 15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

Luke 12:15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

Jer. 51:13 O thou that dwellest upon many waters, abundant in treasures, thine end is come, and the measure of thy covetousness.

Abomination and the Temple:

http://www.worthyboards.com/forums/index.p...&f=11&t=3280&s=

Force and the 10 Horns :

http://www.worthyboards.com/forums/index.p...&f=11&t=2966&s=

Will our opulent things matter?

Listen to this message.

Mark 12:41 Now Jesus sat opposite the treasury and saw how the people put money into the treasury. And many who were rich put in much. 42 Then one poor widow came and threw in two mites, which make a quadrans. 43 So He called His disciples to Himself and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all those who have given to the treasury; 44 for they all put in out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty put in all that she had, her whole livelihood." ...............

Next passage of Scripture?.............Mark 13 (Signs of the End of the Age) Note what Jesus is saying after what they have just witnessed.

Then as He went out of the temple, one of His disciples said to Him, "Teacher, see what manner of stones and what buildings are here!" 2 And Jesus answered and said to him, "Do you see these great buildings? Not one stone shall be left upon another, that shall not be thrown down."

Will it matter?

Not one bit!

In His Truth,

Suzanne

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

Who is denying the power of God?

What is the power of God that is denied?

Phi 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

This has been on my mind constantly. I used to think it was the power of God to change lives and certainly He has that power,but it is denied by those who say they are Christians and continue living in sin, i.e. gay bishop. That I may know Him....and the fellowship of His sufferings...

Matthew 11:28 "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. 29 "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. 30 "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Was that burden easy for Paul?

2 Corinthians 11:24 Five times I received from the Jews thirty-nine lashes. 25 Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, a night and a day I have spent in the deep. 26 I have been on frequent journeys, in dangers from rivers, dangers from robbers, dangers from my countrymen, dangers from the Gentiles, dangers in the city, dangers in the wilderness, dangers on the sea, dangers among false brethren; 27 I have been in labor and hardship, through many sleepless nights, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure.

Paul rejoiced in these tribulations! Because his goal was not comfort, it was Christlikeness. It was his hearts desire.

Read on in Philippians 3;

18 For many walk, of whom I often told you, and now tell you even weeping, that they are enemies of the cross of Christ, 19 whose end is destruction, whose god is their appetite, and whose glory is in their shame, who set their minds on earthly things. 20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; 21 who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself.

And Colossians 1, that has kept my attention for many days;

27 to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

The Gospel is defined here as "Christ in you, the hope of glory." Wow, doesn't this totally contradict the prosperity garbage that is being preached?

Romans 5:3 And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; 4 and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; 5 and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Think of Peter and the apostles;

Acts 5:40 They took his advice; and after calling the apostles in, they flogged them and ordered them not to speak in the name of Jesus, and then released them. 41 So they went on their way from the presence of the Council, rejoicing that they had been considered worthy to suffer shame for His name. 42 And every day, in the temple and from house to house, they kept right on teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ.

And Paul and Silas at Philippi;

22 The crowd rose up together against them, and the chief magistrates tore their robes off them and proceeded to order them to be beaten with rods. 23 When they had struck them with many blows, they threw them into prison, commanding the jailer to guard them securely; 24 and he, having received such a command, threw them into the inner prison and fastened their feet in the stocks. 25 But about midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns of praise to God, and the prisoners were listening to them;

Romans 8:17 and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.

because....

18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

Where is our hope?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.51
  • Days Won:  3

So true Suzanne. greed, self-worth, self glorification, lusts, coveting. It's all about satisfying self right now. Even the "religions" the world is creating is about taking care of self. And for what?? A blink of an eye. :unsure: