• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

I question many things. I just want your opinion on this. I am skeptical of many things. Is this biblical?

Change is on the way. A new wind is coming. Growth for the children of God. A new hunger for the word of God is just around the corner. A thirst for the prescense of the Holy Spirit is in your midst. Although evil has tried to hold you back you must press on to see the new mysteries that God holds and desires to reveal to you. Some may not understand. Some may call you crazy for stepping in a new direction, but take heed the Lord is beside of you all the way. He shall hold you upright that you shall not fall. Fresh oil of the Holy Spirit is awaiting you to ask for it. He will never let you down when you step out in faith. Hold fast to the Lord and He shall guide you. New blessings you shall behold. For anything you ask in the name of Jesus within the will of the Father, it shall be done. Don't settle for just a little of Gods blessings. Every promise He made is for you. Do not allow satan to steal your joy and blessing from the Lord. For at the name of Jesus the demons will flee. Resist the devil and he shall flee. A double portion of His Holy Spirit God desires to give to you. Yet you must repent of what you do in the secret, and you only need to ask God and it shall be given. For God loves you and desires to give you more. He will not give you any less that what you have asked. For He so loved us that He sent his only son to die so that none would perish for eternity. Yet He gave us the free will to decide for ourselves whay our eternity would be. You need only to believe on Jesus Christ as the risen and living Lord to be saved. The Holy Spirit shall fill you if only you would invite Him in to you. The Father loves you and shall give you the desires of your heart if only you would ask. You have not for you ask not. Double portion of the Holy Spirit if you will only ask. If you will ask in faith.

done :laugh:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  511
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  03/08/1975

well, first of all, I don't know where you got this...though I imagine you wish not to tell us. That is fine.

Based on what is being said here, it sounds like a prophesy. And as with most prophesies I have heard lately, it has some truth in it, but it also has some untruth.

For instance....it starts out in (what I would call) untruth. The only change left to happen is for the Lord Jesus to come back and set up His kingdom on earth. That is a change, but it was predicted in the Bible, so we know it is coming....just not when. If that is what the speaker is talking about, then ok....it would be truth, though I would ask they specify.

Another instance of untruth is this "new mysteries" thing. What is revealed in the Bible is what is meant for us to know. And that is ALL that is meant for us to know about the will of God in our lives. Scripture contains everything we need for life and godliness. Extra-Biblical revelation is something that isn't taught....and should not be tolerated. I can't find the verses to clarify what I am saying, but I will look.

Truth:

Fresh oil of the Holy Spirit is awaiting you to ask for it. He will never let you down when you step out in faith. Hold fast to the Lord and He shall guide you. New blessings you shall behold. For anything you ask in the name of Jesus within the will of the Father, it shall be done.

Truth:

Do not allow satan to steal your joy and blessing from the Lord. For at the name of Jesus the demons will flee. Resist the devil and he shall flee.

Truth:

For He so loved us that He sent his only son to die so that none would perish for eternity. Yet He gave us the free will to decide for ourselves whay our eternity would be. You need only to believe on Jesus Christ as the risen and living Lord to be saved. The Holy Spirit shall fill you if only you would invite Him in to you.

Be careful of this....it sounds like "name it claim it:"

Don't settle for just a little of Gods blessings. Every promise He made is for you.

What I mean is "He gave some as apostles, some as prophets....". It doesn't say, "and He gave ALL as apostles, ALL as prohets...". There are gifts that He promised us, but He didn't promise to give ALL of us ALL the gifts.

Don't settle for nothing less than the Best God has for you. The way to find out what that best is....is to ask in prayer. But don't demand all the promises....they may not be for you.

I would also be leary of the whole "double portion" talk. It is good to be filled to overfilling, but doesn't the the WHOLE of the Spirit of God reside in us anyway? Why not ask Him to give us the strength to allow Him to FULLY utilize us for HIS purposes? Would that not accomplish the same thing, and be more Biblical? How can you have TWO of the Holy Spirit of Christ? I should think that ONE would be more than we can handle....or are able to handle for that matter!

Anyway......you asked....I told.

Just my opinion, and I am sure you will get others as diverse as there is sand on the beach.

It sounds to me like you are kind of skeptical of this thing as well. I personally think you have good reason to be. For something that contains alittle untruth....is UNTRUE! You know.....(leaven)?

~your servant in Christ

• Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

I can tell you this much it came from someone I know and was directed to a church who does not believe actively in the Holy Spirit. It is to a church that needs a change. That much I can give from what I recieved.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/26/1954

You need only to believe on Jesus Christ as the risen and living Lord to be saved.

This much is unbiblical. In Romans it says we must believe that God raised Jesus from the dead and confess with our mouth that Jesus is Lord.

I would think if this come from the Holy Spirit He would have at least got the message for salvation right.

GL, everyone else has already said everything that I was going to say so there is no sense in me repeating it. I like Gary tell you to run and don't walk away. This is untruth and is full of deception.

• Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Looks good on the surface, but I would be VERY careful-test the spirits whether they be of God or not!!!

Guest idolsmasher

Sounds pretty harmless to me! Theres nothing in this that contradicts the Word. If we weren't ever meant to receive prophecy, then why is it listed as one of the gifts of the spirit?

1 Corinthians 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

1 Corinthians 12:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

1 Corinthians 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

1 Corinthians 12:10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

You need only to believe on Jesus Christ as the risen and living Lord to be saved.

This much is unbiblical. In Romans it says we must believe that God raised Jesus from the dead and confess with our mouth that Jesus is Lord.

I would think if this come from the Holy Spirit He would have at least got the message for salvation right.

Acts 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Gee, you'd think Paul and Silas would have gotten it right too! Musta been a bad day! :D I think some of you guys are straining at gnats!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/26/1954

Jesus said if we would not confess Him before men, He would not confess us before the Father. If you think confession is not important than we disagree.

And I do think the Holy Spirit would include this. Having said this I still think this prophecy is milk toast. Meant to tickle the ears with no real substance. What is the point of this prophecy?

And for the record I believe in prophecy, but that does not mean all prophecy is from the Lord.