IGNORED

Is this Biblical?

ColleenLovesMischief

Guest idolsmasher
What is the point of this prophecy?

Well, if you read God'sLove26's posts, it was given for a church that didn't believe much in the things of the Spirit.

it came from someone I know and was directed to a church who does not believe actively in the Holy Spirit. It is to a church that needs a change.

It seems to me the prophecy was encouraging them to receive the Spirit and that God would reveal or open their eyes more to His truth. Makes a lot of sense to me.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/26/1954

Idol I don't think I am straining a gnats. Confession is a very real part of our faith, as is repentance. I see both of these lacking in this prophecy. I am not trying to be critical, but our opinion was asked and I gave it. Not harshly, but from my heart. You disagree and that is ok, you maybe right. But I have been in churches that need change that have recieved prophecy like this. It felt like a carrot on a stick. No substance and no change brought about. Today that same church is pretty much as it always was and maybe a little worst.

It would seem this church needs to return to its first Love. And that is already spelled out in the scripture.

I stand by my first opinion in that this is not of the Lord. However I could be wrong. God only knows. I do know He is not the author of confusion and a lot of modern day prophecy is confusing.

Godslove, let me know if this comes to pass. I guess then I will know if I am wrong. May the Lord bless you with Wisdom and discernment. May you see good days............ :blink:

Guest idolsmasher

I pretty much agree with you rafter. I guess I just look at it a little differently. I don't think anyone can ever become or be a Christian without confessing Christ. The very fact that you receive Christ is confessing Him. It seems these people are already Christian but have received some bad teaching about the gifts and things of the Spirit. Looking at it in this context, it's like a plea from God for them to be more open and receiving of the Holy Spirit and the many wonderful gifts and miraculous and supernatural leadings we can have as a result.

By the way, just because God sometimes gives a message and pleads with man, it doesn't mean they will choose to receive the blessing. Free will can sometimes lead us astray and we can miss the blessing promised because of disobedience. I thought this prophecy was pretty uplifting and encouraging for those people, but the choice is theirs to make.

Idol you may be right. However I guess I am too cynical for my own good. I know I can't judge if they are saved or not, but I would bet that not all in that church really know Jesus yet. As far as confession, I think we as Christians need to keep on telling people about Jesus, but if one confesses Him as Lord once than they are saved.

I understand what you are saying and it could be uplifting, but I still don't think this is of the Lord. I have heard a lot of these kinds of "words" from the Lord over the years and it has made me a little cynical about them.

One thing I will add, I have hardly ever seen a congregation actually do what these things say to do. I have seen them get excited about a message, but then go on there way as though nothing happened.

I also want to add, just because I don't think this is of the Lord, does not mean I think it is of the devil. I think sometimes these messages come from the spirit of the man or woman who speaks them and can be quite uplifting and even scriptural, but still not be inspired of the Lord. Just my two cents on this subject. Nice talking to you brother...... God bless

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

For some reason, as I was reading this conversation, this passage of scripture came to mind:

Mark 9:38-41

9:38 -

Now John answered Him, saying, "Teacher, we saw someone who does not follow us casting out demons in Your name, and we forbade him because he does not follow us."

9:39 -

But Jesus said, "Do not forbid him, for no one who works a miracle in My name can soon afterward speak evil of Me.

9:40 -

"For he who is not against us is on our side.

9:41 -

For whoever gives you a cup of water to drink in My name, because you belong to Christ, assuredly, I say to you, he will by no means lose his reward.

And then verse 42 says:

But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea.

I have seen endless debate about modern day prophecy and there is so much suspicion against it. Everyone is so worried about false teachers and such decieving and misleading the congregational sheep.

The above verses are about casting about demons, while the post in question is about an outworking of a spiritual gift. In either case this work is done in the name of the Lord.

Should we forbid this person?

Will he soon afterward speak evil of the Lord?

Is he working against the Lord or is He on His side?

Could something that was said in this word cause a little one who believes to stumble?

Also I am reminded of Paul's words to the Corinthians where he charges them saying you seek a proof of Christ speaking in me

and then says "Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves that Jesus Christ is in you?"

Jesus Christ in in us, and speaking in us, just as He spoke in Paul. We are all given this ability to speak for Christ.

So my response to the above post is this:

Test these words by virtue of the questions presented above And examine and test your own self by these words.

Hope I'm making some sense here, i am typing this with much distraction....

Peace and grace.

Change is on the way. A new wind is coming. Growth for the children of God. A new hunger for the word of God is just around the corner. A thirst for the prescense of the Holy Spirit is in your midst. Although evil has tried to hold you back you must press on to see the new mysteries that God holds and desires to reveal to you. Some may not understand. Some may call you crazy for stepping in a new direction, but take heed the Lord is beside of you all the way. He shall hold you upright that you shall not fall. Fresh oil of the Holy Spirit is awaiting you to ask for it. He will never let you down when you step out in faith. Hold fast to the Lord and He shall guide you. New blessings you shall behold. For anything you ask in the name of Jesus within the will of the Father, it shall be done. Don't settle for just a little of Gods blessings. Every promise He made is for you. Do not allow satan to steal your joy and blessing from the Lord. For at the name of Jesus the demons will flee. Resist the devil and he shall flee. A double portion of His Holy Spirit God desires to give to you. Yet you must repent of what you do in the secret, and you only need to ask God and it shall be given. For God loves you and desires to give you more. He will not give you any less that what you have asked. For He so loved us that He sent his only son to die so that none would perish for eternity. Yet He gave us the free will to decide for ourselves whay our eternity would be. You need only to believe on Jesus Christ as the risen and living Lord to be saved. The Holy Spirit shall fill you if only you would invite Him in to you. The Father loves you and shall give you the desires of your heart if only you would ask. You have not for you ask not. Double portion of the Holy Spirit if you will only ask. If you will ask in faith.

Ok, let us analize this line by line. I don't mean debate it just analze it. First is says change is on the way. If it means we are going to experience change, I can live with that, if it means God is changing then it is false because God does not change. He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

If a new wind is coming does this mean "new" or fresh. The present work is not done yet, why would God start something new for us. And what is this wind? Is it the Holy Spirit we are speaking of or what?

What kind of Growth do we mean here? I can get behind this because we all need to mature in Christ.

A new hunger for the word. Hmm, what does this mean. Will God give us a hunger for His word or is that our responsibilty to stir up the hunger in ourselves. If this is spoken to believers, I would think it is our responsiblity to stir up our hunger for His word.

A thirst for the Holy Spirit. Hmm Again what does this mean exactly. We are already thirsty, does this mean we will realize what we are thirsty for? Or is He going to create in us more thirst. It goes with being hungry. Is God the one who makes us hungry and thristy or is He the one who satisfies these cravings?

I think I will stop at this point until someone else puts their thoughts in on this. I am not trying to prove a point either. I am honestly trying to disect this to see if it is of the Lord's prompting. Let me know what you think.

OneAccord and Idolsmasher I do respect your words so don't think I am against you. I only want to know the truth.

Yours in Christ,

Denny

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

I'm not finding anything unbiblical in it. I haven't examined every word, but one thing that comes to me is if a prophet speaks something that doesn't come to pass he is a false prophet. Has this person prophesied before? What kind of fruit does he/she have? I do see in many churches either a drawing closer to God or a pulling away from God, I'm not seeing so many middle of the road churches. I do think God is doing something, pouring out His Spirit/latter rain.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

It is a little bit difficult to just do a line by line analysis without the whole context of the prophecy or word, however you want to call it.

I know nothing about the person that delivered it or their history (good fruit, bad fruit). Or the context it was given in--at church? To some folks that really needed this word? Maybe one person desperately needed to hear it , the rest recieved an edification?

Some of the terminology reminds me of some of the Latter-Day Rain lingo or some other current Christian pentecostal style worship. So is this why you might be suspicious?

Served straight up over the computer like we are seeing it it looks like a good message.

It doesn't appear to be serving the enemy or anything like that.

Ok so we won't try and analize it. I am content to just let it go away. And I think it will, just like so many other supposed "words from the Lord". The original poster asked a question and I think we all answered it. Just not all the same. I really had not thought of it being latter rain until wordsower said something about latter rain.

OC you maybe right it is hard to analize it. And that is part of the problem I see. How does one validate it when we don't see it in context.

I really do believe in the gifts of the Spirit, maybe more than most. However I am also not willing to settle for something just because it seems right or does seem harmful. I want the real gifts of God. Not something man made up. I am not going to say anymore, what is the point. Everyone is going to defend there position no matter what is said.

Guest shadow2b
--Gee, you'd think Paul and Silas would have gotten it right too! Musta been a bad day!  I think some of you guys are straining at gnats!

--WeLL,if ya swallow enough gnats they'll strangle you-----to death----sometimes---flyingbee.gif