ColleenLovesMischief

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

OC you maybe right it is hard to analize it. And that is part of the problem I see. How does one validate it when we don't see it in context.

I think perhaps that some prophecies are given for the moment and are not meant to be preserved and dissected. We don't see any records of prophesies or words of encouragement in the early church writings other than what has been preserved in the NT.

rafter:

"I really do believe in the gifts of the Spirit, maybe more than most. However I am also not willing to settle for something just because it seems right or does seem harmful. I want the real gifts of God. Not something man made up."

Your search for something genuine and not phony is totally valid. Just the very fact that you are thirsty for true discernment will probably save you from a lot of pomp and hype.

I sometimes think about how Jesus set us up! The warnings to take heed and be not decieved, the epistle teachings about false teachers, etc. have generated so much suspicion and distrust and division rather than the discernment and deliverance they were intended for. You really have to be on your toes!

What a labyrinth we followers of Christ must navigate! There's a coyote on every corner! This walk is not for wimps!

You're probably right to just go ahead and drop it if it is causing you so much confusion. Find your own special sphere within the Living Church and labor accordingly. Let God deal with those who speak words in His name. Just as He will deal with all of us who walk in His name, bearing His name, who call ourselves Christians.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idolsmasher
I think perhaps that some prophecies are given for the moment and are not meant to be preserved and dissected.

That's an interesting point! I would be inclined to agree with you on that!

The one thing I saw missing was any mention of repentance. And...I believe repentance is crucial in salvation.

I have once heard, "Salvation without repentance is not salvation. You can't become saved without repentance, and you can't repent without humbling yourself."

As far as the Holy Spirit,,,if they are saved, then they already have the Holy Spirit, there is no "more" of it to have. Don't you either have it or you don't? The question is, do you let the Holy Spirit work in your life....

Mudfly

Aren't we to try all things by God's Word? Didn't our Lord Jesus already tell us what to expect?

Isa 42:9

9 Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.

(KJV)

Can the above mean that our Lord has already forwarned and explained all things to us in His Word? (either generally or specifically). Do we really need any new prophet other than the ones God has already sent us, since they declared future events that will occur even AFTER Christ's second coming? Why risk it? I had one 'claimed' prophetess come up to say that God told her to tell me to quit my job. Who should I listen to? I'm going to listen to The LORD in His Word. And He hasn't told me to do any such thing. (I work as an aircraft mechanic). A true prophecy will always... align with God's Word; no exceptions.

In Christ,

Davey.

• 2 weeks later...

I totally agree with what Idolsmasher has said throughout his post. If I had anything else to say about this prophecy, I would say that it is rather generic. In my thinking it has hope for all churches. Our churches can most certainly stand a change for the better. It would be nice to see the power of the Holy Spirit flowing through them. It would also be nice to see the mysteries of God revealed to the masses in Christendom. And, there are mysteries that the church has not accepted yet.

The prophecy is solid and does not contradict one word of God.

Shaman