• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,764
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

About the Temple being made in Jerusalem. It's not and cannot be the Ezekiel Temple. The dimensions of the Ezekiel temple are 3 1/2 square miles and it's inside of a city that is almost 3,500 square miles. To give you an idea of how large the temple is. The entire Old City of Jerusalem and all 4 of it's quarters: Arab, Christian, Armenian, and Jewish Quarters along with the entire Temple mount area encompasses 2 1/2 square miles. That means to have an area large enough to place the Temple of Ezekiel within you would have to demolished roughly 1/3 if not more of the city of Jerusalem to have an area large enough to house the Ezekiel Temple.

I wrote a thread called the Ezekiel Temple, but I have been finishing and tinkering with a sermon called, the Mystery of Beit haMikdash and I may revise it to place on Worthy Insights when I get the release from the Lord to do so. Right now I am carefully analazing every aspect of the sermon and giving it to the people in my life that I consider to be my leadership to be sure that I have every aspect doctrinally correct before I publish the deeper ramifications that I did not dive into on the thread that I wrote on Worthy Boards.

If you want to read about the Ezekiel Temple, about why there are sacrifices in the Temple or are just curious go to this thread.

Ezekiel Temple Thread

Your brother in Messiah with much agape love,

George

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

I jumped into that thread too late, but I had posted this posts which I am copying to this thread:

QUOTE (George @ Jul 24 2003, 02:10 AM)

So the sacrifices during this time will be for MEMORIALS -- NOT ATONEMENT! A constant memorial of the Lamb of God!

I am resurrecting this thread because I just finished reading these chapters in Ezekiel this morning without study aids and now am seeing what others think.

About this statement made by George, I disagree.

Ez 43:26 And seven days they shall make atonement for the altar and purify it and so consecrate it.

Why does the ALTAR need atonement?

Ez 44:23 And they shall teach the people the difference between the holy and the unholy and cause them to discern between the clean and the unclean.

Apparently there is still sin present here. The people must again choose holy living, this implies that they might choose unholy living. There appears to still be freewill even among these residents of Jerusalem.

Ez 45:17 ...........He shall prepare the sin offereing, grain offereing, burnt offering and peace offering to make atonement for the house of Israel.

This says that the house of Israel needs atonement. This does not say that this is a memorial for atonement already given in Christ. It rather suggests a continual need for atonement.

I can see why these chapters in Ezekiel are problematic for theologians. We look forward to the new heavens and new earth when there will be no more tears, no more sorrows, the children can play with cobras, etc. This would have to be in a state of sinlessness.

In the new heavens and new earth do we really need all these laws again, and back to bloody animal sacrifices that we are told in the NT are all fulfilled in Christ Himself.

The atonement passages are very tricky, why do these people need priests making atonement though animal sacrifices again?

"For we are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood" according to 1 Peter 2:9 and Rev 1:6 tells us that He has made us kings and priests to His God and Father.

• Steward

Great questions One Accord and I'll try to address each one as you pointed them out.

Ez 43:26 And seven days they shall make atonement for the altar and purify it and so consecrate it.

Actually the Hebrew word for Atonement is Kippur where we get the word Yom Kippur -- Day of Atonement.

The word Kippur is no where in this passage. The King James Version probably says it more accurately.

Ezekiel 43:26  Seven days shall they purge the altar and purify it; and they shall consecrate themselves.

Apparently there is still sin present here. The people must again choose holy living, this implies that they might choose unholy living. There appears to still be freewill even among these residents of Jerusalem.

Absolutely and I addressed this in the Ezekiel Temple thread -- Page 2 about the 4th or 5th post down.

The atonement passages are very tricky, why do these people need priests making atonement though animal sacrifices again?

The KEY is the ALTAR. The hebrew word for ALTAR is ariey. ARI is the word LION in Hebrew and this is the clearest indicator that it's for not atonement as we know it, but rather a memorial of what the lamb did for us 2000 years ago. All the sins of the world were paid at Calvary 2000 years ago. Even the sins committed during the 1000 year reign of Christ. Messiah knew every sin that was going to be committed and paid them fully. But during the 1000 year reign, every sin committed (by people who were never given their ressurrected bodies) will be reminded again of the cost paid over and over again.

This is so deep a subject that you really have to read through the Ezekiel Temple thread closely. To understand all the points I was trying to make, but the reality is I probably could have done a better job making the points.

Your brother in Messsiah with much agape love,

George

Guest caffeineyellow5
Shiloh:

Why do they need to resume the animal sacrifices in the temple built by the Messiah, during the millenial reign?

In case you didn't know, we are going back to the Jewish levitical law for the millenium, not some 'everybody is free now!' time, hence the alter, the temple and the ruling and reigning with a rod of iron. Even your words called it a reign and not the millenial democracy millenial anarchy or millenial republic or the millenial anything. But one with a ruler with strict rules, an alter, a temple, and peace through both law and mutual love.

• Steward

In case you didn't know, we are going back to the Jewish levitical law for the millenium, not some 'everybody is free now!'

Actually we won't be going back to Levitical law, but to something we are not completely sure what it means -- to the Torah Bah-yith.

Ezekiel 43:11-12 And if they be ashamed of all that they have done, shew them the form of the house, and the fashion thereof, and the goings out thereof, and the comings in thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the laws thereof: and write it in their sight, that they may keep the whole form thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and do them. This is the law of the house; Upon the top of the mountain the whole limit thereof round about shall be most holy. Behold, this is the law of the house.

In Hebrew, it literally writes -- Torah Bah-yith.

We will not be travelling back into levitical law -- it can't even apply. Just look at the Temple in Ezekiel. For example, there's no Menorah (lampstand), no table of shewbread, no veil, no holy of holies, no high priest, no laver, and no ark of the covenant. All of these would have been required under Levitical law, but through Messiah all of these are fulfilled. For example, He is the light of the world, the bread of life, and our High Priest.

God bless you in the study of His word,

George

Interesting discussion you'all. Because of Hebrews 10, we know any millennial sacrifices cannot apply to Salvation through Christ Jesus' Blood. He's already fulfilled The Perfect Sacrifice for one and all time.

Put a lot of what you'all have stated about that time together, and it spells 'discipline' in my opinion, even coupled with that "rod of iron" Christ and His election will rule with. The later parts of Zechariah 14 parallel several of the Ezekiel 40-48 millennium events.

There will be a separation between certain priests also.

Ezek 44:10-13

10 And the Levites that are gone away far from Me, when Israel went astray, which went astray away from Me after their idols; they shall even bear their iniquity.

11 Yet they shall be ministers in My sanctuary, having charge at the gates of the house, and ministering to the house: they shall slay the burnt offering and the sacrifice for the people, and they shall stand before them to minister unto them.

12 Because they ministered unto them before their idols, and caused the house of Israel to fall into iniquity; therefore have I lifted up mine hand against them, saith the Lord GOD, and they shall bear their iniquity.

13 And they shall not come near unto Me, to do the office of a priest unto me, nor to come near to any of My holy things, in the most holy place: but they shall bear their shame, and their abominations which they have committed.

(KJV)

Those above will not be allowed to approach The LORD during that time, to minister unto Him. But these below will:

Ezek 43:19

19 And thou shalt give to the priests the Levites that be of the seed of Zadok, which approach unto Me, to minister unto Me, saith the Lord GOD, a young bullock for a sin offering.

(KJV)

The word "Zadok" means 'the just'. Our Lord Jesus was also called 'The Just' in Acts 3; 7; and 22. Melchizedek, is from Hebrew 'melek' (king) and 'zadok' (just). Our Lord Christ is The KING of The Just, or "King of Righteousness" per Hebrews 7. And because of what our Lord Christ Jesus Messiah promised to those who "overcometh" in Him, that makes these His 'priests' and 'kings' of promise (Rev.2:7; 2:11; 2:17; 2:26; 3:5; 3:12; 3:21; 21:7). The Ezekiel 44:15-31 Scripture is about those Zadok.

Those other priests, which allowed God's people to go astray to idols, are going to be assigned to cleaning potty bowls, metaphorically speaking. There is a heavy "ashamed" warning metaphor written in God's Word. And because of the deception coming, many will be ashamed when Messiah does finally appear after the "strong delusion" of 2 Thessalonians 2.

I'd like to offer some food for thought for further Bible study for this coming period of Christ's thousand years reign. The apostle Paul taught in the Greek of 1 Corinthians 15 a difference about the condition one's soul can be in for that future time of Christ's "thousand years" reign. Paul used the words "mortal" and "immortality" about that soul condition. All will be raised to a "spiritual body" as Paul taught there, but the soul of some will still be in a 'liable to die' ("mortal") state, meaning those can still be subject to the "second death" (i.e. casting of one's soul with spiritual body into the "lake of fire" at the end of Christ's thousand years reign).

Acts 24:15

15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

(KJV)

The area of the "outer darkness" our Lord Christ taught of in Matt.8:12, Matt.22:13, and Matt.25:30, is about a border of separation between the wicked ("unjust") and the righteous ("just") that will exist during that time.

Ezek 44:25

25 And they shall come at no dead person to defile themselves: but for father, or for mother, or for son, or for daughter, for brother, or for sister that hath had no husband, they may defile themselves.

(KJV)

After Christ returns at the "last trump" change, there will no longer be anything such as flesh death (Matt.10:28). Only the destruction of one's spirit and soul in the "second death" will be possible for those in the "outer darkness" who will still have 'mortal' souls. Those are the spiritually 'dead' of Rev.20:5, who lived not again until the thousand years were over. Those are these "dead" of Ezek.44:25 which the Zadok priests will be allowed to approach. Those "dead" do not 'overcome' in Christ Jesus, and include those in our times who will fall away to worship a pseudo messiah (KJV "false Christs" phrase of Matt.24:24 in the Greek). After Christ returns, a spiritual death for the soul cast into the "lake of fire" will be the only possible type of death remaining (Rev.20:14-15).

Knowing this then, we really should be speaking out against the coming third Temple to be built with flesh hands. Some Christian denominations are helping in that building, even one claimed Christian organization with the sending to the orthodox Jews in Jerusalem red heifers for sacrifice (Jesus, Inc.). The times may come in our future when those who speak out against the false international peace and third Temple event to occur in Jerusalem, will be jailed for giving such witness for our Lord Christ Jesus Yashua Messiah. Yet we are not to fear them, and have no need to fear it. Both the spiritual Church of "Smyrna" (remnant of the house of Judah), and the Church of Philadelphia (remnant of the house of Israel), need to prepare in giving that witness for our Lord Christ.

In Christ,

Davey.

• Steward

Knowing this then, we really should be speaking out against the coming third Temple to be built with flesh hands. Some Christian denominations are helping in that building, even one claimed Christian organization with the sending to the orthodox Jews in Jerusalem red heifers for sacrifice (Jesus, Inc.). The times may come in our future when those who speak out against the false international peace and third Temple event to occur in Jerusalem, will be jailed for giving such witness for our Lord Christ Jesus Yashua Messiah.

If you only knew to what extent this was going on, it would blow your mind away. There's Christian organizations that have been pushing this and when I got here to Jerusalem -- it was a buzzword around the Feast of Tabernacle celebrations throughout the city.

I am trying to remain low key so far in Israel, but I believe the time will come that I will be forced to speak about this very subject.

George