• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

Maybe there is a difference in the terms Testament and Covenant? Food for thought.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The sabbath is from sun down friday to sun down saturday as gods days ran from sun down to sun down , not the way we currently use our modern calendar.

Hope this helps.

Blessings to you and yours

I'VE gone out in left field??

Shalom SW,

Why yes, you have. You're inventing things and saying I said them. Are you talking to aliens?? :emot-highfive:

You keep saying we must follow the Old Testament law about the Sabbath.

I challenged you in my last post to stop bearing false witness (which is a sin) and PROVE by producing ONE post where I said you or anyone else is required, or "must follow" the OT law about Sabbath. It is a lie SW. Now instead of apologizing, you add to the sin by repeating the lie. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Very bad indeed.

So, I challenge you to produce ONE post where I said keeping the Sabbath was required for Christians. Otherwise, everyone will know that you have made false accusations that you can't back up. You really don't want that getting out, now do you?? :emot-hug:

So

You can apologize any time now. :rolleyes:

You keep saying we must follow the Old Testament law about the Sabbath. That Sabbath is clearly a Saturday Sabbath. Now you say you don't worship on Saturday. You are the one that needs to clarify dear soul.

Oh honey, of course I will clarify, since you asked so nicely (HA!)

#1. I never said Christians MUST follow OT laws about the Sabbath. That is a lie. You really should repent of this sin of lying and bearing false witness. :)

#2. Yes, The Sabbath is clearly Saturday according to the Scriptures.

#3. The Biblical day starts at sundown, so Saturday ACTUALLY starts on our Friday night. We started celebrating this evening, as it is the Sabbath. It runs until Saturday at sundown.

#4. I never said we don't worship on the Sabbath. Are you talking to aliens again sweetie? :emot-highfive:

#5. We DO worship on the Sabbath, as we believe in our family that the Bible says we are to, in Jesus. BUT, worship does not always include going to church. We observe the Sabbath at home.

#6. We go to church any day of the week, because there is no Scriptural mandate not to. These gatherings are examples of NT meetings (Acts) and are wonderful for fellowship and building the faith. They, IN NO WAY conflict with, or replace the Sabbath.

We do not go to church on the Sabbath. We go to church on Sunday, the 1st day of the week.

#7. No, I didn't change the Sabbath. (One cannot change G-d's Sabbath, it remains on Saturday).

And no, I didn't pick any day as the Sabbath. We observe it according to the Scriptures, on the 7th day.

Any more questions, dear heart? :emot-highfive:

If anyone can make any sense at all out of her postings in this thread including the most recent one please let me know. I pretty much gave up after this gem:

#3. The Biblical day starts at sundown, so Saturday ACTUALLY starts on our Friday night

Sorry but Friday is Friday and Saturday is Saturday. Saturday does not start Friday for most of us. To answer your sarcasm, yes, it may be possible that I am talking with an alien.

sw

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

Dear st. worm,

We here in the west use Greek vs Hebrew thinking. In Greek westernized thinking Friday is Friday, Saturday is Saturday just as you have said.

But you must remember the time and place of which the scriptures were written. Hebrew reckoning of time is "and the evening and the morning were the first day"

Saturday evening still to this day in Israel is considered the 1st day of the week. Thats why in your New Testament scriptures it never refers to the first day of the week as ON Sunday but it says on the 1st day of the week. In the Greek we know that being Sunday.

The Sabbath day according to Hebrew thought then and to this day is Friday eve at sundown untill Saturday eve at sundown.

Shalom

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Jewish seventh-day Sabbath-keepers, engendered by the likes of Ellen Gould Harmon White, founder of 19th-century "seventh-day Adventism," still insist that those who are gloriously liberated by faith in and thru the Lord Jesus Christ, must return to the Old Testament Mosaic Code delivered unto the LITERAL NATION OF ISRAEL back in Exodus 19:3; Exodus 20:22; Exodus 25:2; etc, etc. It's most interesting that before the advent of one, Ellen Gould Harmon White on the religious scene in the 19th-century, there was NO SUCH THING IN EXISTENCE as a "seventh-day Adventist"! Praise God for Galatians 5:1, "Stand fast in the LIBERTY with which Christ has made us FREE, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage!" This powerful warning surely includes Ellen Gould Harmon White & her compatriots with their Jewish seventh-day Sabbath-keeping, "investigative judgments," Satan as "scapegoat" in Leviticus 17; vegetarianism as an essential biblical imperative today (even Jesus ate meats!); annihilationism/soul-sleep at death; on into the murky Ellen Gould Harmon White-night! It's never BACK to Moses; it's always FORWARD & UPWARD to the Lord Jesus Christ! AMEN & AMEN!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

harv: Yes! I agree whole heartedly! We do serve and Awesome God in the person of Jesus, the Messiah.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Jewish seventh-day Sabbath-keepers, engendered by the likes of Ellen Gould Harmon White, founder of 19th-century "seventh-day Adventism," still insist that those who are gloriously liberated by faith in and thru the Lord Jesus Christ, must return to the Old Testament Mosaic Code delivered unto the LITERAL NATION OF ISRAEL back in Exodus 19:3; Exodus 20:22; Exodus 25:2; etc, etc. It's most interesting that before the advent of one, Ellen Gould Harmon White on the religious scene in the 19th-century, there was NO SUCH THING IN EXISTENCE as a "seventh-day Adventist"! Praise God for Galatians 5:1, "Stand fast in the LIBERTY with which Christ has made us FREE, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage!" This powerful warning surely includes Ellen Gould Harmon White & her compatriots with their Jewish seventh-day Sabbath-keeping, "investigative judgments," Satan as "scapegoat" in Leviticus 17; vegetarianism as an essential biblical imperative today (even Jesus ate meats!); annihilationism/soul-sleep at death; on into the murky Ellen Gould Harmon White-night! It's never BACK to Moses; it's always FORWARD & UPWARD to the Lord Jesus Christ! AMEN & AMEN!

harv: Yes! I agree whole heartedly! We do serve and Awesome God in the person of Jesus, the Messiah.

Guest djconklin
QUOTE(Arthur Durnan @ Dec 28 2006, 12:09 PM)

It is true that we serve a risen Savior. It is also high time that we get our facts straight--the truth shall set you free.

1) EGW was NOT the "founder" of the SDA church.

2) The 10C were written on stone by God (not moses, so they are not "Mosaic") and entrusted to the Jews who were to be the light of the world. Since the nation rejected Jesus as the Messiah, the dead limbs were cut off and we Gentiles are grafted on -- most Christians still kept the Sabbath as late as the 5th century and in Ireland and Ethiopia even later than that.

3) Until Martin Luther came along there were no Ptotestants in general and Lutherans in particular--does that mean that they aren't legit?

4) Yes, Jesus ate meat (He ate the lamb at Passover) and He ate fish--is there any record of Him eating meat on a more regular basis than that? No.

5) One of Ellen White's most popular works is entitled Steps to Christ--it is widely available online. Another wortk that is also quite popular is her book on the life of Jesus called Desire of Ages. Both are well worth the time it takes to read them.