• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/10/1984

Does it matter what day you thank god and read his word? Honestly I'll do it on any given day. Maybe once a week, maybe six times a week. The day of the week doesn't matter.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,001
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

God does nothing inconsequential. When He separated and blessed the 7th day of the week it had multifaceted significances. One is the prophetic which I share in a thread entitled Why a seven day week? Just thought I share it again for those who may be interested.

Peace

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  1

I am unsure on whether to observe Saturday or Sunday, BUT.................could you imagine the mission field that would open up, if people observed a Sunday Sabbath again? I mean, if the businesses were closed on Sunday? How many unchurched Sunday workers would be free to attend church and hear the gospel.......(now whether or not you can find a true Bible-preaching church????, that's a whole other topic)

(By the way Blind, I see you are making an appearance here too! Good to see your name! I've been back a little while. Hope to see more of your posts.)

In His Love,

Suzanne

Guest djconklin
Colossians 2:16

Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

The Sabbath is not binding on Christians.

1) The Sabbath is one of the 10C and none of them have ever been abrogated or changed by God. The 10C define what the dividing line is between righteousness and unrighteousness. Those who love God with all their heart, mind and soul and their neighbor as themselves will not break any of the Laws of God.

2) The problem here is that Paul isn't even talking about the seventh-day Sabbath. For more details see my study at http://www.666man.net/Colossians_2_16-17_B...n/colintro.html. In the above "translation" there is no Greek support for adding the word "what" to the text. And the Greek word "heorte" always and only means "feast" --not "religious festivals."

Guest djconklin
Does it matter what day you thank god and read his word? Honestly I'll do it on any given day. Maybe once a week, maybe six times a week. The day of the week doesn't matter.

If it didn't matter then why did God in the command point back to a particular day of the week (the seventh) and (people always forget this part) tell us to work the other 6?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/24/1982

No work, no school, worship praise and prayer. That sounds like the sabbath day to me. Why is it that God commands no work on the seventh day, yet we wait till the 1st day to stop working?

:emot-highfive:

Guest djconklin

You can pray any day. The only day God has asked you to worship Him is on the Sabbath.

Some Christians around 135 A.D. when the Jews were revolting against Rome decided that since the Romans couldn't tell who was a Jew and who was a Christian decided to change the day on which they worshipped to be Sunday. But, as late as the 5th century most Christians still kept the Sabbath (except those in Rome and Alexandria).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Historically speaking the only reason why the Sabbath day is not Saturday is because sometime around 320 AD the Roman Church changed thje day of worship to Sunday. It actually started out to be Sons day. It was to be a day set aside for recognition of Christ by Constentine the Great after he named his self Pope. However because the people adopted it as a holy day the Sabbath day was changed to Sunday. Paganism was prevolent in Rome and before Constentine converted to Christianity he was a worshipper of the Sun and his paganism influenced the church. Which is why the Sabbath day is now called Sun-Day. But never fear for I have seen the Lord work on every day of the week as long as two or more are gathered together in His name.

Guest djconklin
Historically speaking the only reason why the Sabbath day is not Saturday is because sometime around 320 AD the Roman Church changed thje day of worship to Sunday. It actually started out to be Sons day. It was to be a day set aside for recognition of Christ by Constentine the Great after he named his self Pope. However because the people adopted it as a holy day the Sabbath day was changed to Sunday. Paganism was prevolent in Rome and before Constentine converted to Christianity he was a worshipper of the Sun and his paganism influenced the church. Which is why the Sabbath day is now called Sun-Day. But never fear for I have seen the Lord work on every day of the week as long as two or more are gathered together in His name.

Actually, we now know that the change-over was earlier than that. It appears that around the time of the second Jewish revolt in 135 A.D. the Romans and mobs took advantge of the fact that the Jews kept the Sabbath--so now they knew where they were--and would attack then--not realizing, or distinguishing, that Christians also kept the Sabbath. So, primarily in Rome and Alexandria they changed their day of worship from Sabbath to Sunday. Constantine's act as a political ploy to gain more more power.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Shalom,

Actually, we know that since we have the Holy Spirit indwelling us as Christians, we are to worship Him EVERY DAY. The NT church gathered together daily in the Temple.

Since you are a Seventh Day Adventist, I understand this is your main agenda, but it is not Scriptural to insist the only day of worship is Saturday.

Acts 2

42And they devoted themselves to the apostles