• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Shalom,

Actually, we know that since we have the Holy Spirit indwelling us as Christians, we are to worship Him EVERY DAY. The NT church gathered together daily in the Temple.

Since you are a Seventh Day Adventist, I understand this is your main agenda, but it is not Scriptural to insist the only day of worship is Saturday.

Acts 2

42And they devoted themselves to the apostles

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Historically speaking the only reason why the Sabbath day is not Saturday is because sometime around 320 AD the Roman Church changed thje day of worship to Sunday. It actually started out to be Sons day. It was to be a day set aside for recognition of Christ by Constentine the Great after he named his self Pope. However because the people adopted it as a holy day the Sabbath day was changed to Sunday. Paganism was prevolent in Rome and before Constentine converted to Christianity he was a worshipper of the Sun and his paganism influenced the church. Which is why the Sabbath day is now called Sun-Day. But never fear for I have seen the Lord work on every day of the week as long as two or more are gathered together in His name.

Actually, we now know that the change-over was earlier than that. It appears that around the time of the second Jewish revolt in 135 A.D. the Romans and mobs took advantge of the fact that the Jews kept the Sabbath--so now they knew where they were--and would attack then--not realizing, or distinguishing, that Christians also kept the Sabbath. So, primarily in Rome and Alexandria they changed their day of worship from Sabbath to Sunday. Constantine's act as a political ploy to gain more more power.

Good point.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  543
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/15/1966

We are STILL debating this issue????

1930 years ago (plus or minus) Paul settled this issue once and for all. He wrote: "One man esteemeth one day above another, and another man esteemeth all days equally. Let each man be fully persuaded in his own mind," and then he exhorted us to 'live in peace' with one another.

Are we just a little 'slow' on the uptake!!?!!

Just wanted to bring Leonard's point back to the top :noidea:

And, speaking as a life-long Seventh Day Adventist, the Sabbath is not our "main agenda" as an earlier poster indicated. Just the one we find ourselves defending most of the time. For me, praise God - He has grown me spiritually and grown my faith in him to the point that the Sabbath is a personal experience between the believer and Him. I attend formal church (well, not so formal - pretty contemporary LOL) on Sundays now. Between God and me - there will ALWAYS be a Sabbath rest. And I praise him for that gift.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I have many friends that worship on Sunday and they are the most spiritual people I know. However I do believe that Saturday is the true Sabbath. Constintine started saying that the Sabbath should be both Saturday and Sunday to please both Christians and Pagans. The Pagans worshipped Ra, the sun god, on Sunday. And then it just started becoming easier to all worship the same day, which became Sunday. The papacy has even said that the Catholic church changed it and if you aren't Catholic and want to follow the biblical Sabbath you should be in a 7th-day church such as the Seventh-Day Adventists, Seventh-Day Church of God, or Seventh-Day Baptist. The Catholics follow tradition over scripture and if that's how you believe then that's fine... but if you believe in a biblical Sabbath then you should worship on Sabbath. Don't get me wrong... I do believe we should spend time with God EVERYDAY. But there is a certain day that we should set aside to not do work, not go shopping, and just spend time with our Saviour. I hope you all understand this. God bless.

Drew

Guest djconklin
Actually, we know that since we have the Holy Spirit indwelling us as Christians, we are to worship Him EVERY DAY.

Thanks for your response.

Where's the Scripture that says "worship" and "every day"? The one in Acts doesn't say what they did while at the Temple. And that was only in Jerusalem.

The NT church gathered together daily in the Temple.

Covered above.

Since you are a Seventh Day Adventist, I understand this is your main agenda, but it is not Scriptural to insist the only day of worship is Saturday.

First of all, I don't have an agenda, except to tell people that God loves us and wants us to love Him in return. As the Beatle's song said: "Love is the answer."

Secondly we could just as easily, and more accurately, flip it around: "it is not Scriptural to insist the only day of worship is not Saturday." The Bible is very consistent and only points to the Sabbath as being the day to worship God.

Exodus 20:8-11 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Notice how the last verse is repeated in Revelation just before the end of time:

Revelation 14:6-7 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, 7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Guest djconklin
It is also not very wise to say that anybody who doesn't worship on Saturday is going to suffer in hell.

If you know better and don't do it isn't that a sin? What is the wages of sin? Isn't it death?

How about:

It is also not very wise to say that anybody who doesn't worship God is going to suffer in hell?

It is also not very wise to say that anybody who worships graven images is going to suffer in hell?

or

It is also not very wise to say that anybody who bears false witness agianst their neighbor is going to suffer in hell?

Aren't those true? Shouldn't you warn your fellow man about the consequences of their actions? Wouldn't be a lie to be a false prophet and tell people its okay to disobey God, He'll just wink and let you in on the side when you know full well that they will die forever when they could have had eternal life?

Guest djconklin
The Pagans worshipped Ra, the sun god, on Sunday.

Ra was a god in Egypt; it is highly unlikely that many in Constantinople worshipped him.

In any case, as I noted earlier recent research has shown that the changeover stated much earlier--around 135 A.D.--what Constantine did was to pass the first Sunday Blue law, which we will see again near the end of time.

Guest DYChowmah
Exodus 20:8-11 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Notice how the last verse is repeated in Revelation just before the end of time:

Revelation 14:6-7 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, 7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

This is quite interesting. Knowing that a day is as a thousand yrs to the Lord.

In 6 days God made heaven, and earth, and the sea - then the sabbath

6 thousand yrs (made heaven, and earth, and the sea) - then the 1000 yr period of rest

No man could have ever writin this stuff! Praise the LORD!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/01/1984

No work, no school, worship praise and prayer. That sounds like the sabbath day to me. Why is it that God commands no work on the seventh day, yet we wait till the 1st day to stop working?

saturday is most certainly the sabbath day. There has been no change and the law has most certainly not been done away with. Sunday is an institution by the Roman Catholic Church and is un-biblical. They even claim that they made the supposed "change" in their catechisms. The does matter in which you worship and it most certainly is not Sunday, God didn't bless and sanctify that day!