Observer of dreams

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry but your refusal to properly deal with the passage in question is obvious.

sw

So what passage are you speaking of. Please be specific. I wont repy to the rest of what you wrote as it was.....Well.....uh.....But i suppose that dont matter to you as you are not under the the law. You are incapable of sin. Aint no law, aint no sin.

1 John 3:4

Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

But

1 John 1:8

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

They are new testament scriptures st Worm. Do you believe them?

LOL! Now you accuse me of anti-nomianism? The primary purpose of the Law for Christians is exposing sin and driving to us Christ in faith. The Law cannot cure your sinfulness.

We have beaten this around more than enough and you just want to duck and jive with the Old Testament. I think you know which passage I am speaking of. Its the only one I have referenced in the thread I believe.

sw

• Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

The letter kills but the Spirit gives life.

sw

Tell me what that means to you st Worm. Then ill show you what the scriptures say.

Heres a preview

Romans 7:14

For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

It means the law always accuses and condemns. Salvation is found only by faith in Christ through the Holy Spirit.

Amen.

sw

Guest DYChowmah
LOL! Now you accuse me of anti-nomianism?

sw

Sorry st Worm if i accussed you of that word that word i cant pronounce. Couldnt even spell it if wasnt right in front of me. Whats it mean?

Guest DYChowmah
It means the law always accuses and condemns. Salvation is found only by faith in Christ through the Holy Spirit.

sw

JOHN 14 [15] If ye love me, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS.[16] AND I WILL PRAY THE FATHER, AND HE SHALL GIVE YOU ANOTHER COMFORTER, that he may abide with you for ever;[17] Even THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH; WHOM THE WORLD CANNOT RECEIVE, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.[18] I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.[19] Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.[20] At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.[21] HE THAT HATH MY COMMANDMENTS, AND KEEPETH THEM, HE IT IS THAT LOVETH ME: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I WILL LOVE HIM, AND WILL MANIFEST MYSELF TO HIM.

This NEW TESTAMENT scripture clearly states in order to recieve the Holy Spirit you must first keep Gods 10 commandments. How'd you come about the spirit you recieved? I know that sounds like a harsh question, but the bible says that happens.

2COR.11[3] But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.[4] For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or IF YE RECEIVE ANOTHER SPIRIT, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted,ye might well bear with him.

Edited by DYChowmah

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

No work, no school, worship praise and prayer. That sounds like the sabbath day to me. Why is it that God commands no work on the seventh day, yet we wait till the 1st day to stop working?

In all reality it doesn't matter if its on saturday, sunday or tuesday since we're no longer under the covenant of the law but under the covenant of Grace. Also christ did not specify what day to worship, as it doesn't matter which day. IN FACT Christ gathered food and worked on the jewish sabbath thus proving the point.

Third, the sabbath was not made for God, the sabbath was made for man. God instituted the original day to give at least one day free from work or worry to worship him and rest and restore from the trials of everyday living.

Last of all, Christ didn't require the sabbath to be followed, in fact, i believe his teachings taught that every day is the sabbath for christians

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  335
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  06/05/1967

Rom 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

What Law????........The one that says......Thou shalt not covet...The ten commandments!!

Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Rom 7:8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

Rom 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

Rom 7:10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

Rom 7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

2Co 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

2Co 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not steadfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

Guest becca33
Once you have confessed Jesus as your Lord and are truly a Christian, the rest of your life is a sabbath rest. We don't do the sabbath on a single day, but as a way of life...... every minute of every day.... not a day.

Jesus spiritualized all of the ten commandments from a stone law to a law of the heart. There is no more seventh day with Christ...... he is the rest that the sabbath pointed to.

Besides that, people were not allowed to leave their homes on the sabbath in the days of moses so they didn't go to church and there were no synagogues. No one that I know follows the sabbath laws, even the seventh day folks.

Sam

I would like to say thank you. I am so confused about the sabbath day and you just summed it all up for me. thank you.

Guest DYChowmah
I have captioned the part of your statement that ends this discussion for me. See ya,

sw

Isaiah 30:15-17

For thus saith the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: and ye would not. [16] But ye said, No; for we will flee upon horses; therefore shall ye flee: and, We will ride upon the swift; therefore shall they that pursue you be swift. [17] One thousand shall flee at the rebuke of one; at the rebuke of five shall ye flee: till ye be left as a beacon upon the top of a mountain, and as an ensign on an hill.

Bye bye st Worm

It was nice talkin to ya. I kinda already knew you would flee after seeing scriptures out of the bible which talk of Gods rest.

Edited by DYChowmah

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I have captioned the part of your statement that ends this discussion for me. See ya,

sw

Isaiah 30:15-17

For thus saith the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: and ye would not. [16] But ye said, No; for we will flee upon horses; therefore shall ye flee: and, We will ride upon the swift; therefore shall they that pursue you be swift. [17] One thousand shall flee at the rebuke of one; at the rebuke of five shall ye flee: till ye be left as a beacon upon the top of a mountain, and as an ensign on an hill.

Bye bye st Worm

It was nice talkin to ya. I kinda already knew you would flee after seeing scriptures out of the bible which talk of Gods rest.

See thats called baiting somebody, its not very nice. Secondly, if st worm says he's leaving because he has decided to end the discussion with you, then trust me, thats the reason why he's leaving. Not from not being unable to answer you, but because he no longer chooses to debate with you. This baiting is what usually leads to arguments and getting threads closed, because people don't want to seem like they've been out talked or the other person proved them wrong. He choose the high ground.

Guest DYChowmah
See thats called baiting somebody, its not very nice. Secondly, if st worm says he's leaving because he has decided to end the discussion with you, then trust me, thats the reason why he's leaving. Not from not being unable to answer you, but because he no longer chooses to debate with you. This baiting is what usually leads to arguments and getting threads closed, because people don't want to seem like they've been out talked or the other person proved them wrong. He choose the high ground.

Baiting? I pointed to scripture and confessed i believed what was written in that scripture. If you want to call posting my belief in the scriptures baiting, i suppose you can do that. Its a free country. Have a good day Scarletprayer.