• Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,739
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Hello my dear brothers and sisters in the Lord,

I thought I would write a modern-day parable, using the Word to help illustrate a point. Obviously, the parable is fiction, but I am using it to explain a point.

Back in the days of Jesus, there were 3 blind men, each were healed by the Lord.

One man was healed, when the Lord went out and spit into some dirt and made mud and placed it on his eyes and told him to go to the pool of Siloam and wash himself. He went on to led a congregation called the Mudivians!

John 9:6-11  When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay,  And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam,  He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.  The neighbors therefore, and they which before had seen him that he was blind, said, Is not this he that sat and begged?  Some said, This is he: others said, He is like him: but he said, I am he.  Therefore said they unto him, How were thine eyes opened?  He answered and said, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed mine eyes, and said unto me, Go to the pool of Siloam, and wash: and I went and washed, and I received sight.

One blind man was healed when the Lord spit into his eyes. He later went on to start a congregation called the Spit-tites.

Mark 8:22-25  And he cometh to Bethsaida; and they bring a blind man unto him, and besought him to touch him.  And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought.  And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.  After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly.

One blind man was healed by a simple touch of the Lord. He later went on to start a congregation called the touchivians.

Matthew 9:27-29 And when Jesus departed thence, two blind men followed him, crying, and saying, Thou Son of David, have mercy on us.  And when he was come into the house, the blind men came to him: and Jesus saith unto them, Believe ye that I am able to do this? They said unto him, Yea, Lord.

Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you.

Now the years had passed and the three blind men were leading their respective congregations: Mudivians, Spit-tites, and the Touchivians. Each of these once blind men, claimed to know the way of being healed because each was healed by Jesus!

When these men got together, each refuted the other one, because of a very real event in their lives, and how they were healed by the Lord! Each contended that their way was the right way of being healed! They had forgotten, that their healing had not rested in the method of healing, but in the healer!

So it is in our days, we forget that the Lord cannot be contained in a box, or his methods are the same for every person! He created each of us, unique, and for each and every person that is brought into the Kingdom, there's a unique method the Lord uses -- but we all come into the Kingdom by the same way -- through Messiah who is the way, the truth, and the life!

So if you are a mudivian, a spit-tite, or a touchivian, remember the common bond that unites us as one! Don't lose site of the Lord -- and maintain your focus on HIM! For it's the Lord's desire --

John 17:20-21  Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;  That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Let's not lose sight of the reason we are all here, for the hope of spreading the GOSPEL!

God bless,

George

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  344
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Amen George! Great Post! :t2:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:unsure:

Very clever!

And so true!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  1

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

These are words of great wisdom!

God Bless,Angels

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  270
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I get a blessing every time George teaches.

God's favor shine upon you, Brother George! AMEN

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  19

George,

Where ya buying that oil at? :unsure:

I know it is very costly! :wub:

Brother preach on. :)

You see what happens when you are obedient folks? Your lamp doesn't run out of oil.

I am such a foolish virigin. I am proud to be part of this ministry.

Bless you George.

Dave

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

George,

Good to see you again, brother! Great post-makes one stop and think. Bless us some more like that will ya?

• 9 months later...
  • Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,739
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

bump