• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

He can only act like or "as" a roaring lion.

What's interesting about a roaring lion? These are the 2 main reasons a lion roars!

1. If they want their prey to be scared into submission!

2. They are near death, and they roar to keep from being attacked!

Lot's of new ideas! I'll start covering confusion next!

Your brother in Messiah with much agape love,

George

Another interesting thing about the lion, the male lion in particular is that during the hunt, all they do is roar -- the females do the actual hunting of prey.

This is interesting in the fact that satan is not omnipresent, so he does the roaring and his henchmen (demons) do the actual hunt, while satan is up before God roaring accusations against Gods saints.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,765
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Watching out for the author of confusion!

What's interesting is when Paul writes this short statement in 1 Corinthians, it's almost always taken out of its context and used singularly. Obviously the enemy is the author of confusion, and can be taken out, but when Paul wrote this statement he was writing to the church in Corinth.

Now the Corinth church was dealing with immorality and they were still babes in Messiah. But also they were getting off on the tangents of the gifts -- instead of focusing the gift giver!

Right now, this is something that is affecting the body in a major way -- and I know that this is controversial, but I do want to explain what I am saying accurately. It's ok if you disagree with me, but I do want to lay out my thoughts in a concise manner so that you can see where I am coming from Biblically.

Jesus said, "signs and wonders" would follow them who believe. Mark 16. But right now, in the body a paradigm shift is occuring -- people are following "signs and wonders" instead of following Him! Ask yourself -- are you seeking Him, following Him wholeheartly? Are you seeking a sign to confirm your belief in Him? Messiah said, "No sign shall be given" to believe except for the Son of Man being raised from the dead! But if you believe, then signs and wonders very well may follow!

We have to test every sign and wonder! For we know that,

Mark 13:22  For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

When Paul wrote -- "for Satan is the author of confusion!" Let's look at the context.

It was in the midst of Paul addressing the gifts of the Spirit! Why? Because every gift of God, can be duped! Satan is the master imposter -- he wants to impersonate the gifts!

What Satan loves to say -- DON'T TEST! DON'T QUESTION! LET YOUR MIND GO -- AND JUST ACCEPT IT! But this is direct conflict with the Word of God! The Spirit of God will never conflict with His very Word! If you are confused -- then you need TEST the SPIRITS!

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

There is a delicate balance and this is the point I want to address. If you don't believe that signs and wonders are for today -- then no sign or wonder may occur in your life because a prerequisite for a sign and wonder is "faith." But if you believe without testing the Spirit, then false signs and wonders very well be displayed! So the balance is this -- God is the same yesterday, today and forever -- God wants to do miracles in your life -- wants to show His power in your life -- but He also wants you to TEST HIM! It's a Biblical thing to TEST EVERYTHING! If you don't test then you are committing a sin -- for the WORD COMMANDS US to TEST the Spirits because many false prophets have gone into the world!

I realize that this post will probably be the most controversial post that I have ever written, and generally I try to avoid controversy because the truth is controversial enough! But I felt led to explain the delicate balance so that you can walk in purity, holiness and righteously before the Lord at the same time are filled with His Power and anointing! If you examine the Churches in Revelation -- 5 of the 7 the enemy had inflitrated -- he wants to inflitrate your life -- so TEST the SPIRIT -- and when you TEST HIM -- He will reveal Himself to you!

Your brother in Messiah with much agape love,

George

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 2

Very good post George!

I have a question and you can PM the answer if you would like, but in your experience -- do tongues always present themselves when one is born again?

I believe in the gift and what I am speaking of isnt necessarily the gift of tongues that I am speaking of.

I myself dont speak in tongues but believe in them, but many say that unless you have spoken in tongues, you are not truely born again. Now how would you test this, and if it is so why dont all speak or have at least spoken once? I am really confused on this teaching.

So without trying to redirect your thread which has been very much edifying to me, I await your response. And George I am open to either way of your belief in your response. I am just wondering why if it is a definate sign of being born again, that God has not favored me with them. I know God is not the author of confusion.

Also George if you feel that this would put you on the spot, I would also understand that as well.

In Jesus

Kevin

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  891
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Very good post George!

I have a question and you can PM the answer if you would like, but in your experience -- do tongues always present themselves when one is born again?

I believe in the gift and what I am speaking of isnt necessarily the gift of tongues that I am speaking of.

I myself dont speak in tongues but believe in them, but many say that unless you have spoken in tongues, you are not truely born again. Now how would you test this, and if it is so why dont all speak or have at least spoken once? I am really confused on this teaching.

So without trying to redirect your thread which has been very much edifying to me, I await your response. And George I am open to either way of your belief in your response. I am just wondering why if it is a definate sign of being born again, that God has not favored me with them. I know God is not the author of confusion.

Also George if you feel that this would put you on the spot, I would also understand that as well.

In Jesus

Kevin

JIG2,

Interesting question I have the same thoughts although Dove has been helping me to understand this gift but I look forward to other thoughts on this...please let me know if a topic is started..thanx

F1

Guest idolsmasher
Very good post George!

In Jesus

Kevin

Read 1Corinthians chapter 12. It's clear that not everyone is gifted with tongues. I believe that is a false teaching that you aren't truly born again if you aren't speaking in tongues. I had a couple Pentecostals pull that one on me one time, but I knew it was nonsense because of the miraculous conversion I had had about a year before that. There was no doubt that I had been born again.

Thanks Smash,

I too believe along these lines, but as in line with the post by George about doubts, it has been used to bring them about, but I dont want to get this thread going in that direction as George is bringing some great stuff to this board about the enemy and his works.

Thanks again brother for your encouragement!

Kevin

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  891
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Very good post George!

In Jesus

Kevin

Read 1Corinthians chapter 12. It's clear that not everyone is gifted with tongues. I believe that is a false teaching that you aren't truly born again if you aren't speaking in tongues. I had a couple Pentecostals pull that one on me one time, but I knew it was nonsense because of the miraculous conversion I had had about a year before that. There was no doubt that I had been born again.

Amen Smasher :blink:

George - Thanks for the info...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

I'm Pentecostal, I believe in tounges, but it IS NOT a requirement of salvation! Read this in Acts 2:37-38. The backdrop is the day of Pentecost when Peter was preaching to the crowd:

37. Peter's word convicted them deeply, and they said to him and to the other apostles, "Brothers, what should we do?"  38.  Peter replied, "Each of you must turn from your sins and turn to God, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins.  Then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.  New Living Translation

We clearly see that speaking in tounges is not a requirement of salvation! If it is, a whole lot of folks who aren't Pentecostal/Charismatic are on their way to Hell and I don't buy that! (and this is from a Pentecostal BTW!)

Guest idolsmasher
We clearly see that speaking in tounges is not a requirement of salvation! If it is, a whole lot of folks who aren't Pentecostal/Charismatic are on their way to Hell and I don't buy that! (and this is from a Pentecostal BTW!)

Right! From what I understand there are a couple main groups in the Pentecostal fellowship. There are the ones like yourself and the others are more into the manifestations of the Spirit as a proof of salvation. Sorry if I lumped you all in together.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Right! From what I understand there are a couple main groups in the Pentecostal fellowship. There are the ones like yourself and the others are more into the manifestations of the Spirit as a proof of salvation. Sorry if I lumped you all in together.

Well, generally I seemed to get lumped in with those Pentecostals who think that at the baptism of Jesus, He threw His voice in a magic trick and then pulled another magic trick to make a dove appear! These Oneness folks get me all :blink: !

I do get sorta concerned with those who seek only after the "high" of the Spirit. People will talk about they haven't had preaching in two weeks and have had shouting services for two weeks. Uh, how are you getting fed the Word? It's nice to have some "glory comin' down" services and get a boost, but you've gotta have the Word also!