• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Hey guys :il:

Don't take this wrong please. But there are other threads that deal with discussions on tongues and the other signs. I don't think anyone wants this thread to become a tongues thread. lets keep it to Understanding the Enemy! all the ways satan attacks our resolve, hope ect ect. :blink:

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Hey guys :il:

Don't take this wrong please. But there are other threads that deal with discussions on tongues and the other signs. I don't think anyone wants this thread to become a tongues thread. lets keep it to Understanding the Enemy! all the ways satan attacks our resolve, hope ect ect. :blink:

Amen Adstar,

I appologize, this is my fault and I too would like to get back to understanding the enemy, there are a couple really good threads already on this other subject. I didnt mean to redirect this away from the focus of who and what the enemy is.

My question was really on the doubts that satan puts in our minds that can cause us to question our very salvation, and the Lord said that whatever is not of faith is sin.

satan is a very powerful foe, when we wander out from the umbrella of protection, which is our faith in the one who is able to deliver us , namely Jesus. This has happened to me lately and I was in a state of confusion, but have since then found some answers.

Sorry George! I hope this thread can continue with origional thoughts you have intended to share.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

No need to apologize. I was not offended Brother :t3:

I will try to give my thoughts on what you said:

My question was really on the doubts that satan puts in our minds that can cause us to question our very salvation, and the Lord said that whatever is not of faith is sin.

I can see how the statement "If you do not talk in tongues then you are not really saved" is an attack by satan upon a believer who does not talk in tongues. This statement has been used against me on two occasions. Lucky for me I got into the Word and it dispelled this lie for me. If I was in a "church" that teaches this doctrine I would get out of it right away.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Amen Adstar,

I have also studied and come to the same conclusions, but satan attacks my stand within the very confines of which we think of as safe. And some bring a very good debate to try and back there position to where I even find myself getting angry which is not of God.

In Job it says that the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord and satan was amonst them. It is the enemy that is bringing these doubts and I need to get before God and keep in study of His Word.

I have thought of leaving, but I cant escape the thought that this is where God wants me, at least for now and has some work for me to do, as well as some things to be taught. But I must admit it is tough at times and at others very much full of joy.

But of good report, this place rocks, and the Spirit of God definately presents Himself here, they have a sincere heart of worship. Many prayers answered that I consider to be miricles. Its these things I try and concentrate on.

God bless Adstar, and thanks for your input.

Guest shadow2b
--- God is the same yesterday, today and forever -- God wants to do miracles in your life -- wants to show His power in your life -- but He also wants you to TEST HIM! It's a Biblical thing to TEST EVERYTHING! If you don't test then you are committing a sin -- for the WORD COMMANDS US to TEST the Spirits because many false prophets have gone into the world!

I realize that this post will probably be the most controversial post that I have ever written, and generally I try to avoid controversy because the truth is controversial enough! But I felt led to explain the delicate balance so that you can walk in purity, holiness and righteously before the Lord at the same time are filled with His Power and anointing! If you examine the Churches in Revelation -- 5 of the 7 the enemy had inflitrated -- he wants to inflitrate your life -- so TEST the SPIRIT -- and when you TEST HIM -- He will reveal Himself to you!

Your brother in Messiah with much agape love,

George

- THANK YOU BROTHER,----this is a very excellent teaching & controversial it should not be....THE------ WORD is the TRUTH so that should settle any controversy,at least it does for me.... This very thing-- has been happening on some of the threads...A poster states something{a teaching--doctrine-??}

-& WE ALL are supposed to just accept this without one single doubt...IF we question or post an----- opposing view, we are almost {blaspheming??} according to the current theologian & his direct

-word from GOD HIMSELF..{supposedly}.Even tho several replies state that; according to scripture--- we are to "test" the spirits, this is just ignored or ridiculed away....

-I can see how the statement "If you do not talk in tongues then you are not really saved" is an attack by satan upon a believer who does not talk in tongues. This statement has been used against me on two occasions. Lucky for me I got into the Word and it dispelled this lie for me. If I was in a "church" that teaches this doctrine I would get out of it right away.

-ADSTAR-----I am so very sorry that you were subjected to this type of ignorance....I just don't

-know how some supposed christian brother or sister could be so asssinine as to make such a -

-stupid statement...This happens more times than can be imagined, & comes from a very big lack of

-scriptural teaching by ignorant people that are so caught up in "signs & wonders"they can't "see"

-the forest for the trees....

-I have thought of leaving, but I cant escape the thought that this is where God wants me, at least for now and has some work for me to do, as well as some things to be taught. But I must admit it is tough at times and at others very much full of joy.

-NOW jg2 how could you even think about leaving worthy-boards & deprive all of us of

-the "teachings" you have for us???Stop that thinkin Bro. ya could hurt your poor lill ole brain cells...

-And besides all that "we" need teachers that "rightly"divide the word of GOD......there's just

-absolutely too many "teachers" teaching that shouldn't be....

-GOD-BLESS-ALL-TRUTH-SEEKERS---------------Gary-- :P;)

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,461
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,742
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

NOW jg2 how could you even think about leaving worthy-boards & deprive all of us of

-the "teachings" you have for us???Stop that thinkin Bro. ya could hurt your poor lill ole brain cells...

Shadow -- JIG2 was referring to his Church not the boards!

I was without internet connection for 2 days --- I'll be sure to post another thought tomorrow as soon as I catch up.

Your brother in Messiah with much agape love,

George

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Thank you George for taking the time to do this bible course with us, did you write all the articles yourself?

I just printed ALL your posts and I'm going to study them ,again thanks alot and God Bless,

Angels ( It took 19 pages to print already and I will add the ones you are going to post more later---- :a2:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

I am, as stated before, Pentecostal. I certainly don't speak in tounges all of the time and really I'm not sure how often, etc. dealing with this myself. I've heard it said that it should be once a day, but really I don't know. I also find the Bible strangely silent on this issue as well. We read of the situation of tounges used in church discussed by the Apostle Paul, but we find nothing saying frequency. I suppose that's between the person and God. Maybe I should talk in tounges more? Don't know. Really don't give it much thought. I would suppose, also, that maybe this is something I should be praying about! :laugh:

Guest shadow2b

- ohhhhhhhh-----o.k. uhhhh?? did I come in "late"???ooooppppSSSSssss--SORRY George---

-SORRY jg2-----I just couldn't bear the thought of "losing"you-----haaaaaaa :laugh::P:laugh: