• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

Thank you George. I really needed to read this.

God Bless You

Jacqueline

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,767
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

In answer to your 2nd question Chuck --

2Tim 3:1-5  This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.  For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,  Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,  Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;  Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

There's 2 sides to unforgiveness! One is our ability to forgive others! The second the ability to forgive OURSELVES! Often, the two are related to one another.

Let me give you an example which often happens.

A happy go-lucky child finds out that his parents are getting a divorce and finally get a divorce. Suddenly that child will start believing the divorce was their fault! satan love to attack little kids! When the family foundation is destroyed, it often leaves kids fending for themselves! Often these children do not see the solid Father figure in their lives and often have a difficult time accepting God as their Father. [This is true of Islam -- and I'll address this in another thread] They have a difficult time recognizing the love of their heavenly Father. Now this child grows up and hasn't fully released that divorce situation into God's hands -- still dealing with the regret, disappointment, and guilt of the situation.

As this child grows up, and suddenly as an adult finds himself in a situation where there's an arguement or at least tension or friction in the air -- this now adult will start placing the blame on themselves! What did I do wrong? How could I have prevented this from happening? Yet it all stems from what happened early on in childhood.

What can you learn from this? You have to study the root causes of why? How? How can I avoid this now? Be FREE!

The Son came to set you completely free! Now you just have to DO IT!

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• 1 year later...
Guest williamcordier
Hello my dear brothers and sisters in the Lord,

I thought I write about the flip side of a topic, and how to recognize the attempts of the enemy to destroy lives and how you can walk in His victory!

For the Apostle Paul taught us not to be ignorant of enemy's tactics and strategies.

2 Corinthians 2:11

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Hey brother,

Glad to see you have bumped this thread back to life, I will bump it as well in hopes that many take the time to read it.

In Jesus

kevin

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Wow...But how do I forgive! How do I get rid of Satans torments! There are several ppl, one in particular that i have not forgiven, sometimes i think i hate her. And i am always reminded of the cruel things she did and said, it is torture!

Edited by DaughterofKing

Guest womanafterGod
Wow...But how do I forgive! How do I get rid of Satans torments! There are several ppl, one in particular that i have not forgiven, sometimes i think i hate her. And i am always reminded of the cruel things she did and said, it is torture!

sometimes humbling ourselves before God helps......

ask God to help you forgive......

remember if you dont forgive.......God wont forgive you...... :24:

hope that helps :huh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Hi Sis,

Most if not all of us have gone or are going through a similiar situation. I have found that the best way to learn to forgive that person is to pray for that person. You will soon see your bitterness turn to compassion as God directs and reveals to you how precious and short life is.

Pray for her salvation if she is not already a Christian, pray that she may see how she has hurt you, pray that she may be delivered from this bitterness that caused her to direct hurt your way and most of all pray that God would soften your heart that you may also be able to forgive her.

The enemy wants us to stay in a state of bitterness, it seperates our relationship with God as well as with each other. satan hates us and wants to destroy us, and one way he does this is to seperate us, he loves seperation, such as fellowship from God, church, spouse, friends, neighbors etc. On the other hand God loves us to be in fellowship and to love one another and be one though we are many.

Ephesians 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

If you ever watched or participated in a wrestling match (Not WWF :huh: ) you go back and forth in the match until you finally get on top and pin your opponent gaing the victory! Some matches you win very easily, others are much tougher.

Ask God to open your eyes that you may see what to pray for in this girls life. Perhaps she is seeking Christ and she was using you in her actions to see how real this God you serve is. We sometimes express harshly what we are seeking intimately, maybe she is reaching out, pray that God reveals Himself to her and that she would repent and become a born again child of His.

Who knows, funny as it sounds at this time, perhaps one day you very well may become best of friends as well as family :huh:

In Jesus

kevin

• 5 weeks later...

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Thank you George, I really needed that.

God bless you and your family bro

-Casey

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

It becomes easier and easier to forgive once you have opened your understanding that through forgiveness -- the joy of the Lord replaces the pain of the sins that you didn't want to forgive in the first place.

Your brother in Messiah with much agape love,

George

Greetings and Peace To All

We are told that knowledge and wisdom (understanding) will be what it takes to survive (have stability) the times that are upon us.

When Jesus asked His Father to forgive them because they did not know what they were doing there is a little more to that statement than first meets the eye.

Those who crucified Jesus knew exactly what they were doing and to whom however they were clueless as to why and what the outcome would be. It was the "why" part that caused Jesus to seek mercy for them. People (Christians included) have no idea when they are being led by Satan. He is transformed as a minister of righteousness and appears before us in either or own thoughts or other persons who influence us.

We have been given the Word of God to guide us to choose between what is good and what is not but because we are under grace and not being judged by the law the same is expected of us. Had we been judged by the law none of us would be reading this forum. Christians are to quick to tout that they are not under the law because of grace but because grace is of God it has an appointed time. He has appointed times and seasons and they are subject to change and the days of grace will come to an end.

Peace and Blessings

Douglas