George

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  891
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

JIG2 - 'The Adverary'? who's the author & publisher I'd like to read it.

Another good book is 'Satan: Defeated Foe' by C.H. Spurgeon. Yep that is true I think about what you say in regards to women soaking up info, with me I have to be really interested in the subject discussed, then nothing can stop me :wub: I like learning more and more and from different people, especially ones who know what their talking about!

F1

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

My Pastor is want to say it like this George,

For overcoming the fear and he preachs on this quite frequently.

EX.. You pull up to the gas station and the Spirit urges you to speak to the kid whos pumping your gas. Your like no. He looks like a refugee from the movie Matrix. He says to you nice weather as he waits for the pump to stop. Your like Bless you! (Real low) He's like, HUH! You go, I said Bless You. (a little louder) He's like excuse me? Now the annointing is coming upon you and you feel bold and you say, Bless you young man Jesus Christ Loves you. Perplexed he responds, come on man you can't be serious? As he drags on his cigarette he's not supposed to be smoking next to the pump. You say , No I am serious you see I'm anointed to preach the Gospel

Isa

• Thumbs Up 1

Amen to that Dr Luke, I just had a young girl come visit me 'out of the blue' that I met a few months back and she saw Georges thread that I was reading, she's not a Christian but I printed another copy off for her and told her to read it. She has known since I met her that I am a Christian. She has many many sad problems for one so young.

I prayed again after reading Georgs latest post that the Lord would make me more bolder for Him and in pops this girl...

Praise God and all glory to Him. His word will never return void, just like He said.

Lord I love you :wub:

F1

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

George,

Might we also go into the BIG L? LEGALISM. Satan uses fear, depression, and many other things to keep us bound in legalism. I have been fighting a battle with legalism just tonight alone. I've always, even when I was out of church, was one of the greatest legalistic minds (not legal minds! ;) ) there ever was. There are times I feel that I have assurance that something or the other is not wrong, nothing labeled as sin or remotely close to it or illegal, and then after I do it, I feel a big fear come on me and then get scared and will repent out of fear but still think in my mind I'm not wrong. I know there is conviction on things and we have to pay attention to that, but I learned within a few months of starting back in this Christian life that Satan can also tell us that perfectly acceptable things are wrong so as to try to make our life harder in hopes that we will give up. I wish I could express this better-I know in my heart and mind what I am trying to say, but I can't seem to get it to flow through the fingers!

• Thumbs Up 2

Rejection = Restoration when we let God do His work in us. Amen! Rom 8:28

George:

Overcome rejection with the power of acceptance -- you are acceptable in His sight not because of WHO YOU ARE, but because of WHO HE IS!

So true George in reality I have seen this to be so true!

Blessings

F1

• Thumbs Up 2

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,767
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

FEAR OF FAILURE

One of the biggest fears that often keep Christians bound up is the fear of failure.

So much is placed on what the world perceives what is a success and what is a failure that it binds up believers. For example, believers can get consumed with the world's vision of success -- money, beauty, the size of your house, the kind of car you drive that this drives their inner desire to achieve these things so they are viewed as a success to the world.

There's nothing wrong with money -- but the love of money is entirely wrong and can drive one to the point of being consumed with having MORE and MORE. I know millionaires who still can't have enough -- their entire lives is built around the concept of having more money.

How to be freed from the fear of failure? First, realize that your life is not your own, you have been bought with a price -- so serve God first and foremost and then these things will be added unto you.

1Cor 6:19-20  What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?  For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Another aspect of failure is how the enemy loves to torment believers with "their failures." Failures to pray enough, to read enough of the Word, in their families, in their lives. Recognize that the enemy loves to condemn, he is the accusser of the brethren. When you get attacked in these manners the best thing to do is not to "justify yourself!" But rather, acknowledge it and then fix it. For example, when you get hit with a thought -- you're a lousy Christian, you don't pray enough and your prayers won't get answered -- then reverse it -- I can be a better Christian, so I am going to pray right now -- and my prayers do get answered because I believe in God's promises! When you get hit with a thought -- you're a lousy father - mother, then instanteously pray -- Oh Lord help me to be a better father / mother and then go and attend to your family in His love. Once the enemy realizes that everytime he accuses you -- that you turn that into action you won't get it with it nearly as often.

Turn your failures into sucesses by putting your priorities in the right place -- in the sight of God you are a success when you are walking in His Son!

Your brother in Messiah with much agape love,

George

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 2

Guest shadow2b

-AWESOME thread Bro.Thank you for "teaching" your very needy group of brothers & sisters.....

-Don't zactly know "when or how" it came about but just over the past two or three weeks,"things"

-are changing as to "how" i look at things...."Things"I was getting all bent out of shape over,just

-don't get me "all-shook up,"mad,bent outta shape about any more....They just turned "funny" to

-me or maybe too silly to get MADD--ANGRY-over...Do that make any sense aTall??I think Patsy

-finding all those silly-faces & animations for me to use in my posts might have been a contributing

-factor,but then again maybe not...."Something"tho is definitely changing in the way I see

-threads--posts, even some posters ,It's kinda "weird"...Any how Bro. keep up the "great-teaching"

-{IT'S}working.....GOD-BLESS-YOU-IN-ALL-YOUR-EFFORTS-IN-REACHING-OUR-ISRAELI-BROTHERS-&-

-SISTERS-FOR-OUR-MESSIAH-YESHUA-&-MAY-THE-LORD-KEEP-YOU-SAFE-FROM-ANY-&-ALL-HARM-

-Gary-- :cool:

Amen, George. Success cannot be judged by finacial status. Some of the wealthiest people I've met are spiritually bankrupt. And some of the poorest are rich with blessings. We can't take it with us and think of all the good things one could be doing if not worrying about our personal success!

Great and uplifting post.

God Bless!

Amen River :) is this tuff good or wot! Great for the spirit soul and mind!

George - you are gonna need a helping hand when we all get to heaven carry your crowns around :o

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Hi George

I have found your posts in this thread contain much uplifting inspiration. I would like to have your permission to post some of your posts on another board i go to?

About fear, there are different fears that attack different people. I feel that everyone has their own mayor fear that acts to constrain their witnessing. For some it is the fear of physical violence. For others it is fear of being looked on as a fool and for others it is the fear of losing ones they love. We must have trust in God and let go of everything else, we must know that life is short but eternity is, well forever :) We must take that final step of faith that final leap of faith we must overcome fear because fear is the ally of darkness.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

• Thumbs Up 1