• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Thank you so much. The last couple of days have been a battle and I've heard the suttle thought from Satan saying-"Give up." However, praise God, I've came too far to turn back now!!! :o

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  891
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

RGR - amen brother onward and upward :t2:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Yep, just gotta put Satan behind you and remind him where he is headed! God has got a work for me to do somewhere because ever since I turned back to God, there's been this little thought suggesting quitting at times. Nope. No way. Never. Certainly not. Not a chance-get the idea? :t2:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

John 6

34"Sir," they said, "from now on give us this bread."

35Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty. 36But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe.

We have to believe it or we remain hungry and thirsty. I remember going to a church fellowship that always said that we should press on into the presence of the Lord. Then I began to think about it. Once that we receive Jesus into our heart we cannot get any closer. His presence is abiding within us, for our body has come His temple. Our life is hidden in Christ in the Fathers sees. When we deny ourselves take up the cross and follow Christ, Jesus is then glorifed in our lives and we are filled and satisfied. More of Him and less of me. Only when Jesus can be seen and not us in the Fathers sees are we satisfied and rewarded.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,461
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,742
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Once that we receive Jesus into our heart we cannot get any closer.

I would have to strongly disagree. I am so much closer now to the Lord then when I first became a believer!

James 4:8  Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

The way we draw closer to God is by wanting to be closer to God.

Psalms 73:28  But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works.

How do we draw closer to God?

2 Corinthians 7:1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  19

Brother George,

Bless you,

I know that fasting is food. Is it also not the pleasantrys of life as well?

I mean like maybe T.V., or that special thing we were saving to buy?

Possibly our opinion? Maybe that new car? Daily fasting in a used car as we drive to work so as the money otherwise spent could be used for His Kingdom.

Not fasting because it's a joy while we continue on in life and regularly sin. Fasting because it cost much and the pain furthers His Kingdom and not ourselves.

He knows your heart.

Not outwardly walking around upleasent in sackcloth for all to see. Therefore having our reward. Yet inwardly where only G-d see's losing something to gain Him ? To gain a closer relationship with Him. To break the very Yoke. To decrease whilst He increase.

I have heard it said Saints that even after 10,000 years in His presence we will still not know all of His Glory and Majesty. We will still strive to know Him.

Peace,

Dave

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,461
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,742
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

There's different types of fasts recorded in the Bible. There's the Daniel fast -- only vegetables and water. There's the type of fast -- no food and water recorded in Esther. Then there's the fast without food -- Jesus.

Fasting in reality is depriving your flesh, so that the Spirit manifests itself from within. So you fasting from anything that feeds the flesh I would consider a fast of sorts.

Your brother in Messiah with much agape love,

George

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

George,

Do you have a direct line with God about what's going on in my life? I've been thinking the last day or two of how much closer I want to be to God. I've really been fighting a battle the last few days and even find it hard to pray, so your post was a blessing to me!

Ditto Bro,

George this thread has been a real blessing and very much on time with the struggles and uncertainties I am facing, God is definately speaking to my heart through you, you have been annointed by the Most High to bring this message to His children.

God bless you!

Amen JIG2 :t2:

Brother George,

Bless you,

I know that fasting is food. Is it also not the pleasantrys of life as well?

I mean like maybe T.V., or that special thing we were saving to buy?

Possibly our opinion? Maybe that new car? Daily fasting in a used car as we drive to work so as the money otherwise spent could be used for His Kingdom.

Not fasting because it's a joy while we continue on in life and regularly sin. Fasting because it cost much and the pain furthers His Kingdom and not ourselves.

He knows your heart.

Not outwardly walking around upleasent in sackcloth for all to see. Therefore having our reward. Yet inwardly where only G-d see's losing something to gain Him ? To gain a closer relationship with Him. To break the very Yoke. To decrease whilst He increase.

I have heard it said Saints that even after 10,000 years in His presence we will still not know all of His Glory and Majesty. We will still strive to know Him.

Peace,

Dave

Dr Luke

Interesting. I did not know that there are other ways to fast besides denying ourselves food for the flesh!

George

I also did not know that there are different yrpes of 'food fasts' such as Daniel did.

I always thought it was only what Christ did with His 40 days in the wilderness. Thankyou both, I am learning much and pondering many things with joy and thankfullness to our Father :t2:

Blessings

F1