• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,365
  • Content Per Day:  12.15
  • Days Won:  31

12 hours ago, S. Carpenter said:

You are bound already prior to salvation. "He who sins is a slave to sin"
All people are born in sin, therefore, we all start out "bound" to this, though none of us knows this.

Until....

We are saved by God in Christ Jesus. Then the ransom price Jesus paid on our behalf on the cross has purchased us or "ransomed" us from sin the devil and death.

At this point one can no longer be "bound" by Satan and plundered.

It doesn't seem like I would have to quote scripture to you. But if you're not sure where I get this from scripture, just let me know, and I'll be happy to look it up.

Hi @S. Carpenter The transformation and intervention of the grace of God in the sinner's life is wondrously expressed in Ephesians 2.......

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

1 John 2:16 KJV - Bible.comhttps://www.bible.com › KJV
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

6 hours ago, LoveConquersAll said:

Thank you. This was such a good read. I appreciate you taking the time to post and impart biblical truth of God's Word about this.

Warmly in Christ,

LCA

I think you'll really enjoy the Daily Worthy Briefs George writes as well,you can get them sent to your email,I love starting the day with a good read and a cup of coffee!

If you go to the Worthy News Section you'll find the Worthy Brief Forum and if you'd like to receive them daily you can sign up for it 🤗

With love in Christ, Kwik

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

6 minutes ago, LoveConquersAll said:

Thank you so much.

Of course,my pleasure:D

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.50

At this point one can no longer be "bound" by Satan and plundered.

If a Christian walks after the flesh, they will die (be separated from the Lord)

Romans 8:13
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

If it were no longer possible to once again be in bondage to sin, the Lord would not have had to warn Christians to watch out for this:

Galatians 5:1
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

James 5:19,20
Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

This is clearly speaking to "brethren" and "if any of you" as this demonstrates that a believer can in fact fall away from the Lord and no longer be in right standing with the Lord after having been born again.

Edited by B Judson
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Content Count:  56,089
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

11 hours ago, B Judson said:

This is clearly speaking to "brethren" and "if any of you" as this demonstrates that a believer can in fact fall away from the Lord and no longer be in right standing with the Lord after having been born again.

While I would not disagree, my good Baptist friends would tell you that the Holy Spirit would bring you back into the fold before you died.   It's really hard to disagree with that considering we really can't know someone's heart.

Anyway Jesus said he's the one who decides that and who am I to put his decision making into a box.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.16

21 hours ago, B Judson said:

If a Christian walks after the flesh, they will die (be separated from the Lord)

For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

If it were no longer possible to once again be in bondage to sin, the Lord would not have had to warn Christians to watch out for this:

Galatians 5:1
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

James 5:19,20
Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

"Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do: by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and to deal with sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, so that the just requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit." Romans 8:1-5

Galatians 5:1 is referring to circumcision.

John 6:35-40, "Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe. Everything that the Father gives me will come to me, and anyone who comes to me I will never drive away, for I have come down from heaven not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me but raise it up on the last day. This is indeed the will of my Father, that all who see the Son and believe in him may have eternal life, and I will raise them up on the last day.”

my good Baptist friends would tell you that the Holy Spirit would bring you back into the fold before you died.

So, you believe the Holy Spirit is going to FORCE people to repent of their sin and come back to the Lord?

If the Lord had not sovereignly decided to create man in His Image... which is how mankind has free will.... then He would simply FORCE everyone to get born again.

What your baptist friend is teaching is false doctrine that comes from calvinism and is not biblical.

If someone’s heart was right before the Lord... they would be living for Him and not out living in sin.  Jesus said we would know them by their fruit and a bad tree cannot produce good fruit.... so a person living in sin is producing bad fruit because they are a bad tree... according to Jesus.

"Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Sorry.... you misquoted Romans 1 and you aren’t even reading down further where we are told that is we live after the flesh we shall die... which is separation from God!

That's what the devil told Adam and Eve that is they sinned, the would not die.... so, did Jesus come to make the lies of the devil true?  No, Jesus did not.... since the wages of sin is separation from God (you could just repent and quit doing the sin, right?)

Romans 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit

(this second part is in the original greek but modern translations take it out as to be sin friendly ya know!)

No condemnation is ONLY applicable to those that walk after the Spirit.... read down further:

So your take on Galatians 5:1 gives Christians the right, a free pass to go back to their sinful lifestyle and get in bondage to sin again?  That’s not only Weird, but it’s false doctrine as well.

John 8:34
Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

Romans 6:16
Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

And yes, Jesus will not turn away from us.... but since He sovereignly decided to give man free will, if man decides to turn away from the Lord, the Lord allows man to walk away... and if man stays away man will go to hell.

It's always odd to me when people argue for being able to be in a sinful lifestyle and they claim you can be in right standing before the Lord while doing sin!  Sorry, but I've been around the block so to speak and I'm not buying it, but you can... you do you as they say!

There’s all kinds of warnings about this through out God’s Word... but hey, if you want to argue in favor of being able to go do sin you can if you’d like... but the end of that is not what you have been taught.
Edited by B Judson

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,362
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

7-14-23

Hi George, how are you all? Great post.

Love, Walter And Debbie

If you were talking to me, I'm not George.