• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,767
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Thank you George for taking the time to do this bible course with us, did you write all the articles yourself?

Yes and no! Yes they were typed by my hand, but I can hardly take credit for the Holy Spirit's teaching in my life. So many teach theology -- without real application in today's world. I just ask the Lord for inspiration to apply what He's given through His Word for everyday practical use.

If you get my daily devotionals -- (Sign up for the daily devotionals) -- then you will see how the Lord uses everyday situations in my life and apply Biblical truths to help others grow in Him!

So can I honestly take credit for my understanding of His Word for practical daily life? No.

Your brother in Messiah with much agape love,

George

• Thumbs Up 3

• Steward

Isolationism

Oh the enemy loves to divide and conquer. He goes about binding up individuals separately so that he can break up the body. Have you ever wondered why so many churches split? How so many congregations are empty that were once alive?

This is exactly why Paul admonished the Corinthian church. Watch what was happening behind the scenes.

1 Corinthians 2:3-4  For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?  For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

Modern day translation -- Some say you are baptists, some say you are methodists, some say you are prebyterians, some say you are pentacostals!

Why is there so many denominations and so many divisions? Because of pride, but it's the enemy's way of dividing the body! He cannot divide the body unless he first binds up individuals!

This is an illustration of how the enemy thinks -- "Aren't you concerned about letting him see truth?" says one demon to Satan. Satan say, "No, I am not concerned that he grabs a piece of truth -- I'll let him have that piece of truth -- now let's see if we can make a religion out of it!"

The enemy loves being in church -- and you are wondering why I say that!

Let's look at the churches in Revelations --

Symrna -- Revelation 2:9  ... but are the synagogue of Satan.

Pergamos -- Revelation 2:13-14  ... where Satan

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Thanks again George,

Timely as usual. I really appreciate your time, you have taken and look forward to your next one.

In Jesus,

Kevin

• Steward

In continuing my thought of how the enemy loves to isolate believers ...

An army of individual fighters is a severely less effective than an army united to battle. Roughly 450 B.C. the outmanned army of Sparta's King Leonidas held off the Persian troops of Xerxes by fighting them one at a time as they came through a narrow mountain pass.

Notice how they fought -- one at a time! If they went out and attacked them as a whole they would have been completely defeated -- but they chose to attack them one by one.

We have such incredible power available to us -- yet we hardly harness that power! The enemy knows the power that we can tap into so in order for him to attack and win minor battles -- the battle for you -- he wants to isolate you -- so that you go through the narrow pass and then attack you!

How does he go about isolating believers? Gossip is a sure fire way to divide a congregation! Lack of forgiveness within a congregation -- will easily plant a root of bitterness within that needs to be dug out! The enemy hates a unified army!

The writer of Hebrews -- said clearly -- Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Don't get caught up in the trap of not gathering together for worship! It's so easy to find what's wrong with a congregation, and it becomes a pitfall for many believers -- who then say -- I might as well not even worship with others -- I can worship at home by myself! You can, but then you have just isolated yourself -- making you an easy prey for the enemy. You may allow yourself without any accountability to someone, without a support system in times of intense trial. But then that's how the enemy loves to work! He's looking to isolate you -- then you become easier to prey on.

Don't fall for the trap of being isolated! Find a church, a congregation, and become a light in that congregation! Turn up the power in the congregation and allow people to feed off of you -- so that they raise their level of worship to the point that you can feed off of them! Be that person that ignites people to go further then they ever thought they ever would with the Lord! Go that extra distance and reach out -- touch those that so easily fall between the cracks!

The reality is -- you need to help build the army around you -- because a unified army sends fear into the master user of fear!

Go about building the Lord's army around you!

Your brother in Messiah with much agape love,

George

• Loved it! 2

• Steward

Legalism

So often the enemy loves to turn devotion to God into rituals of do's and don'ts.

Matthew 15:1-6
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Steward

Another thought on FEAR!

No matter what FEAR you may be dealing with, you can OVERCOME it!

First, you have to recognize that FEAR is a sin! How many times does the Lord say -- FEAR NOT! Confess your fears to the Lord, recognize the sin involved!

Secondly, recognize how the Lord will help you overcome your fear! He will help you overcome fear, by filling you with His love! He will comfort you, lead you and guide you! But you need to come to a place where you say, "Lord, I confess the fear of ----------- and I need help!"

Then rest in His promises -- He will not fail you, nor will he forsake you!

Deut. 31:6
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Thank you George so very much for taking the time to teach us, as I said "I typed it all out and studied it and I'm learning and getting refreshed in my thinking.

I know the Lord is using you strongly and I thank Him for it!

I needed it , lately I felt every thing around me was sort of closing in because of this world getting so dark....it show us where we stand with God and the enemy and how to live in victory! and live above the circumstancis.

Thank you so very much and may God bless you ,Angels

:o:D Thank you LORD!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

May I add something to your thread George, about guilt? This is a lesson that our Father taught me this past year, and it was a powerful one.

Guilt. I believe that there are two kinds of guilt. The kind that brings about life and the kind that brings about death. With the first, you have guilt as a result of conviction of sins. With that comes wisdom and with that wisdom comes humility and change, if we but repent. After repentance, the guilt should be gone and in its place should be joy and gratitude. The enemy brings the other kind of guilt. It brings forth shame, and shame brings forth many many undesirable fruits, like fear, depression, bitterness, self-condemnation and worries. It is a false guilt, the kind the world throws at us. This guilt causes our hearts to harden, thus making it harder and harder to hear the small still quiet voice of the Holy Spirit.

When guilt comes to us we must search our hearts and go immediately into prayer and conference with our Lord. We should ask our father for revelation and conviction if we have stepped outside the boundaries He has laid for us. Once we get up from our knees, the matter should be settled, and the enemy should be given no place to be able to bring it back up to us.

I hope that you continue this thread George! :rolleyes:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Steward

Practical Binding and Loosing!

First of all, let's go through the scriptures which talk about binding and loosing and then discuss the practical application for daily living!

Matthew 16:19  And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Isaiah 61:1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

George, I thank God for your wisdom,

I will try to practic this in my life one minute at the time, its too powerful to let this slip and get bind by the ememy, thats exactly what he wants to do with us.

Matthew 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Isaiah 61:1 ? The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

We have a job to do, don't we?

Angels

• Thumbs Up 1