• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

As was said, the enemy want's us divided.  I look only to God's word, and listen to that small voice in me that never confuses me.  When I don't understand something I just put it in God's hands and back away, He will never leave me or forsake me.  I have also learned something else about the enemy.  He only has as much power as we allow him to have. in our lives. All it takes is for us to be off our guard.  We open the door a crack and evil can rush in  like a great tide.  Don't give him any room.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Understanding the enemy!

Fear feeds of fear.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  481
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

OVER 33,000 different religions and denominations: Successful tactics today? You better believe it.

Sooooo... Is this going on right here? Right now? Is the enEmy using those tactics even right here where I am this very minute?

You better believe it. Anytime it's "my way or the highway", the enEmy is present. We'd do well to recognize that. It's only when we KNOW something to be broken, that we make an effort to "". ~ Amen...

Why do you write enemy..enEmy? Just wondering...

Yes Mam. Anytime I am saying something directly identifying eVil, I will capitalize the MIDDLE letter (or as close as I can) to identify the nOUn. Example: saTan, eVil, etc..

As was said, the enemy want's us divided.  I look only to God's word, and listen to that small voice in me that never confuses me.  When I don't understand something I just put it in God's hands and back away, He will never leave me or forsake me.  I have also learned something else about the enemy.  He only has as much power as we allow him to have. in our lives. All it takes is for us to be off our guard.  We open the door a crack and evil can rush in  like a great tide.  Don't give him any room.

Amen to all of this...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,825
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

Jesus is love and he holds us in his hand and he wants to be our freind and we complement our selfs that we only want to be friends with Jesus .

And we want to here only from the Holy Spirit and want to have the mind of Jesus.

I m wondering when we have this good desire if we actually open the door to Satan to be our friend in a new way.

Satan wants to be our friend he loves to give us bible lessons to tell us this means this and this means that and go ahead substitute this word with this one and common persuade the people use the dictionary and use the Hebrew and the Greek, you,r the pastor you' r the head and everyone must be in unity with you.

Satan has just establish a stronghold, the pastor becomes very proud for his "revelations"

(one pastor said: I wish I never wrote this chapter in my book, I tear off the pages from my book but I have sold thousands )

Another said I didn't know that I was following a distorted spirit. One day when I was teaching a voice within me was saying repent-repent -this guidance was for me to repent but I misconstrue it and I preach repentance to the congregation.

"the trouth has set me free"

Anyone who tried to help me I show as the enemy

I had a miracle ministry all that time.

Maybe it was from Jesus to teach me how to recognize the distorted spirits.

Thanks Jesus for this testimony.

I was wondering all the time, what Jesus meant when he said to Peter "the Devil desires to shift you"

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

I was wondering all the time, what Jesus meant when he said to Peter "the Devil desires to sift you"

Since this was in connection with Peter's faith, it would appear that the Devil wanted to try and cause Peter's faith to fail.  He would like to see every Christian's faith to fail, and he does everything in his power to bring calamities upon us for this purpose.  He wanted Job's faith to fail and he destroyed Job and everything he possessed.  He caused Elijah to want to die after he accomplished a great victory for God.  He brought Paul to the brink of despair after He accomplished a great deal for the Kingdom of God.

This is precisely why God has given His children the SHIELD OF FAITH, and it is meant to "quench the fiery darts of the Wicked" (Eph 6:16).  We are to trust God at the very moment when we are being destroyed (or it appears we are being destroyed) by the Devil. Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah maintained their shields of faith and were delivered from the mouth of the Lion.     

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  481
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

I was wondering all the time, what Jesus meant when he said to Peter "the Devil desires to sift you"

Since this was in connection with Peter's faith, it would appear that the Devil wanted to try and cause Peter's faith to fail.  He would like to see every Christian's faith to fail, and he does everything in his power to bring calamities upon us for this purpose.  He wanted Job's faith to fail and he destroyed Job and everything he possessed.  He caused Elijah to want to die after he accomplished a great victory for God.  He brought Paul to the brink of despair after He accomplished a great deal for the Kingdom of God.

This is precisely why God has given His children the SHIELD OF FAITH, and it is meant to "quench the fiery darts of the Wicked" (Eph 6:16).  We are to trust God at the very moment when we are being destroyed (or it appears we are being destroyed) by the Devil. Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah maintained their shields of faith and were delivered from the mouth of the Lion.     

Amen to this... and it goes totally against the grain of human nature. But this IS a glimpse into the real world we live in where faith can, and does, deliver on unto life.

• 4 months later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/3/2003 at 9:22 PM, George said:

Hello my dear brothers and sisters in the Lord,

I thought I write about the flip side of a topic, and how to recognize the attempts of the enemy to destroy lives and how you can walk in His victory!

For the Apostle Paul taught us not to be ignorant of enemy's tactics and strategies.

2 Corinthians 2:112  Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices. 

So often, we can learn lessons by learning and playing "devil's" advocate.  When we read this passage,

Mar 3:26  And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end. 
Mar 3:27  No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong
man; and then he will spoil his house. 

Here we learn a lesson that in order to plunder one's house you must first BIND up the strongman.  While we realize in this particular passage this is referring to God binding up the strongman (Satan) and this is how Satan's house is plundered.  But if you carefully analyze the enemy -- you realize that he uses the same tactics on us!  Your house cannot be plundered -- unless you are first bound.   And then Satan can plunder your house!

Let's take a marriage situation.  A husband and wife are newly married and they are just getting by.  The wife hasn't had a new dress in some time, and while she's out and about -- she stumbles across a dress that is 75% off and a steal!  She's in need of some new clothing and thinks to herself -- I should get this while it's soo cheap!  Meanwhile, her husband is looking over a mountain of bills and thinking to himself, the only way to get out of this mess is to work "overtime" and starts to figure out how much he needs to work to cover all their bills.  When the wife comes home, she's looking fine in her dress and the first thought of her husband -- planted by the enemy -- can you believe that your wife spent money on a dress?  Of course, this feeds into his mind and reacts to the thought -- and gets angry at his wife and demands that she take the dress back.  So he's ignoring the fact how good she looks in the dress, and ignores how cheap it was -- and allows a foothold to be set!  The wife can't believe it -- and let's the emotion burn in her while biting her tongue.  

A few weeks goes by, and the husband is out and about and sees a fishing rod on sale -- and buys it!  The wife sees the new fishing rod -- the enemy then brings back that emotion of what happened a few weeks prior about the dress -- and suddenly she explodes!  And now you have the beginnings of how the enemy has taken footholds and then created strongholds -- and for the ultimate purpose of dividing a marriage!

Now let's look at Luke and see what lessons we can learn from it.

Luk 11:20  But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you. 
Luk 11:21  When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace: 
Luk 11:22  But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils. 
Luk 11:23  He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth. 

If you notice this, the strong man who's armed -- ready for battle -- ready to face whatever comes his way -- he's living in PEACE!  

If we recognize the first steps of the enemy's work in our lives -- knowing he's trying to create footholds -- you'll begin to understand why?  He can't rob, kill and destroy you -- unless you are FIRST bound up!  So we need to be armed with the Word, armed with the knowledge of the enemy's tactics, and be ready to defend what is rightfully ours!  We need to take authority over the powers of darkness because that authority was given to us at the cross!

Luk 10:18  And he said to them, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.
Luk 10:19  Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.
Luk 10:20  Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."

So we fight the good fight of faith, standing in His victory and be ready to pounce on every thought that is not of God -- that is being used to BIND US up!   Be prepared to battle today -- put on the full armor of God -- and be ready to pounce on every thought that would seek to create a foothold in your life!  When you do this, truly you will become a strong man who's possessions are at perfect peace!

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

I personally never battle so the advice doesn't work for me.  I always chuckle at the "Fight or Flight" references by naturalists trying to explain behavior.  I don't run nor do I fight.  I just stand my ground and let the others make their own choices.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 6/11/2015 at 2:17 AM, Your closest friendnt said:

And also, later, "the devil sifts the others (disciples)" ..... temptations are daily, traps are set daily for believers (and for the world also) ,   as Yahweh permits; 

and also,  the devil gets many.  For all the reasons written in Scripture, as Yahweh declares.

"understanding the enemy"?   He is here, all around us, posting daily, talking to us daily, preaching in some churches daily,  broadcasting from television every second,  published in the newspapers every day.....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

8 hours ago, simplejeff said:

And also, later, "the devil sifts the others (disciples)" ..... temptations are daily, traps are set daily for believers (and for the world also) ,   as Yahweh permits; 

and also,  the devil gets many.  For all the reasons written in Scripture, as Yahweh declares.

"understanding the enemy"?   He is here, all around us, posting daily, talking to us daily, preaching in some churches daily,  broadcasting from television every second,  published in the newspapers every day.....

And now the adversary works through many with one ever increasing mind.  beware it , beware it at all costs.

It will begin small with subtile lies , the focus will be more and more on good works , unity , an all inclusive interfaith mindset.

He sleeps not as many think.  He is indeed creating a one world religion that at its end will have caused the mass death of many true believers

who conformed not to the world peace lie  .  the lie that made JESUS words of no effect through its interfaith lie from author of all lies.

Beware it at all costs.  Lean only on CHRIST , lean only on HIS SAYINGS and he came not to bring world peace , but rather division . HE came to save

not to UNITE the world one hour with the beast .  that is the work of the dark one . the lie that many are buying .  

Beware it people ,  beware this .  and as I said it begins small and appears harmless.  it begins with UNITY , but with people , NOT TRUTH

its casts truth aside for fellowship, it casts correction aside for unity , it focuses on doing good works , yes , but it focuses NOT on the ONE TRUE GOSPLE Of peace

nor its author . for that offends , that divideds and its goal is WORLD UNITY , WORLD peace.  its very sneaky.   It lies and says things that only the sensual carnal mind

can  see as love.    But make no mistake its end is death and perdition and all who partake of it will go under the wrath of almighty GOD and of the LAMB .

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,825
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

10 hours ago, simplejeff said:

They are many forms of diception, and very often the devil has nothing to do with it. 

Pay attention. There is not just God and the Devil, there is also "man". (That's includes everyone not just man). 

Very quickly, we atribute many thing to God or the Devil. 

To the Devil because of his bad reputation, and to God because he could do something about it. 

In ancient times the God of the volcanos, after awakening from a long sleep, found the people slack in worshiping, and got their attention by shaking the mountain. 

People do not realy change that much, they still are on the same lines, with a different context and change of ditty. 

They don't want to considered, that no matter what, how good everyone can be, or the world for that matter, that it won't stop the hurricanes and or the earthquakes. Lean seasons, or bountiful seasons. 

We have scriptures that say; everything good comes from above. 

It did not say everyone who does good is from above, and if we do good, we are children from above, because we identified with the goodnes from the Heavenly God. 

So if you have love you have God. 

Another scripture said; does not anyone knows how to do good and love not just their own, but also show compation to whom they want to show compation. 

Jesus does not blind people with their hatred to do terrible things. 

Maybe the Devil does, or can take advantage, or prepare someone to do those things and for their own reasons, but then who knows. 

But then someone may say, and do we need the Devil to help in doing or  saying those things, when people are conditioned to reason and think in those lines, do they realy need the devil to deceive them. 

We need to be very carefull, not to see our fellow men as the devils, but as our fellow men who need some insite into a deferent direction, and perhaps they will begin to think and reason different. 

We don't understand Jesus who loves and saves people as they are, and in any situation they are.