• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/3/2003 at 10:22 PM, George said:

Hello my dear brothers and sisters in the Lord,

I thought I write about the flip side of a topic, and how to recognize the attempts of the enemy to destroy lives and how you can walk in His victory!

For the Apostle Paul taught us not to be ignorant of enemy's tactics and strategies.

2 Corinthians 2:112  Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices. 

So often, we can learn lessons by learning and playing "devil's" advocate.  When we read this passage,

Mar 3:26  And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end. 
Mar 3:27  No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong
man; and then he will spoil his house. 

Here we learn a lesson that in order to plunder one's house you must first BIND up the strongman.  While we realize in this particular passage this is referring to God binding up the strongman (Satan) and this is how Satan's house is plundered.  But if you carefully analyze the enemy -- you realize that he uses the same tactics on us!  Your house cannot be plundered -- unless you are first bound.   And then Satan can plunder your house!

Let's take a marriage situation.  A husband and wife are newly married and they are just getting by.  The wife hasn't had a new dress in some time, and while she's out and about -- she stumbles across a dress that is 75% off and a steal!  She's in need of some new clothing and thinks to herself -- I should get this while it's soo cheap!  Meanwhile, her husband is looking over a mountain of bills and thinking to himself, the only way to get out of this mess is to work "overtime" and starts to figure out how much he needs to work to cover all their bills.  When the wife comes home, she's looking fine in her dress and the first thought of her husband -- planted by the enemy -- can you believe that your wife spent money on a dress?  Of course, this feeds into his mind and reacts to the thought -- and gets angry at his wife and demands that she take the dress back.  So he's ignoring the fact how good she looks in the dress, and ignores how cheap it was -- and allows a foothold to be set!  The wife can't believe it -- and let's the emotion burn in her while biting her tongue.  

A few weeks goes by, and the husband is out and about and sees a fishing rod on sale -- and buys it!  The wife sees the new fishing rod -- the enemy then brings back that emotion of what happened a few weeks prior about the dress -- and suddenly she explodes!  And now you have the beginnings of how the enemy has taken footholds and then created strongholds -- and for the ultimate purpose of dividing a marriage!

Now let's look at Luke and see what lessons we can learn from it.

Luk 11:20  But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you. 
Luk 11:21  When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace: 
Luk 11:22  But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils. 
Luk 11:23  He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth. 

If you notice this, the strong man who's armed -- ready for battle -- ready to face whatever comes his way -- he's living in PEACE!  

If we recognize the first steps of the enemy's work in our lives -- knowing he's trying to create footholds -- you'll begin to understand why?  He can't rob, kill and destroy you -- unless you are FIRST bound up!  So we need to be armed with the Word, armed with the knowledge of the enemy's tactics, and be ready to defend what is rightfully ours!  We need to take authority over the powers of darkness because that authority was given to us at the cross!

Luk 10:18  And he said to them, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.
Luk 10:19  Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.
Luk 10:20  Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."

So we fight the good fight of faith, standing in His victory and be ready to pounce on every thought that is not of God -- that is being used to BIND US up!   Be prepared to battle today -- put on the full armor of God -- and be ready to pounce on every thought that would seek to create a foothold in your life!  When you do this, truly you will become a strong man who's possessions are at perfect peace!

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

That was meaningful and beautiful George; thanks

I am reminded that so very often the "enemy" is the one we see when we look into a mirror.

There is no substitute to a disciplined prayer life

May God lead our Life Paths

Patrick

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

On 12/3/2003 at 9:22 PM, George said:

I thought I write about the flip side of a topic, and how to recognize the attempts of the enemy to destroy lives and how you can walk in His victory!

For the Apostle Paul taught us not to be ignorant of enemy's tactics and strategies.

2 Corinthians 2:112  Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices. 

So often, we can learn lessons by learning and playing "devil's" advocate.  When we read this passage,

Mar 3:26  And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end. 
Mar 3:27  No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong

Here we learn a lesson that in order to plunder one's house you must first BIND up the strongman.  While we realize in this particular passage this is referring to God binding up the strongman (Satan) and this is how Satan's house is plundered.  But if you carefully analyze the enemy -- you realize that he uses the same tactics on us!  Your house cannot be plundered -- unless you are first bound.   And then Satan can plunder your house!

Let's take a marriage situation.  A husband and wife are newly married and they are just getting by.  The wife hasn't had a new dress in some time, and while she's out and about -- she stumbles across a dress that is 75% off and a steal!  She's in need of some new clothing and thinks to herself -- I should get this while it's soo cheap!  Meanwhile, her husband is looking over a mountain of bills and thinking to himself, the only way to get out of this mess is to work "overtime" and starts to figure out how much he needs to work to cover all their bills.  When the wife comes home, she's looking fine in her dress and the first thought of her husband -- planted by the enemy -- can you believe that your wife spent money on a dress?  Of course, this feeds into his mind and reacts to the thought -- and gets angry at his wife and demands that she take the dress back.  So he's ignoring the fact how good she looks in the dress, and ignores how cheap it was -- and allows a foothold to be set!  The wife can't believe it -- and let's the emotion burn in her while biting her tongue.  

A few weeks goes by, and the husband is out and about and sees a fishing rod on sale -- and buys it!  The wife sees the new fishing rod -- the enemy then brings back that emotion of what happened a few weeks prior about the dress -- and suddenly she explodes!  And now you have the beginnings of how the enemy has taken footholds and then created strongholds -- and for the ultimate purpose of dividing a marriage!

Luk 11:20  But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you. 
Luk 11:22  But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils. 
Luk 11:23  He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth. 

If you notice this, the strong man who's armed -- ready for battle -- ready to face whatever comes his way -- he's living in PEACE!  

If we recognize the first steps of the enemy's work in our lives -- knowing he's trying to create footholds -- you'll begin to understand why?  He can't rob, kill and destroy you -- unless you are FIRST bound up!  So we need to be armed with the Word, armed with the knowledge of the enemy's tactics, and be ready to defend what is rightfully ours!  We need to take authority over the powers of darkness because that authority was given to us at the cross!

Luk 10:19  Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.
Luk 10:20  Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."

So we fight the good fight of faith, standing in His victory and be ready to pounce on every thought that is not of God -- that is being used to BIND US up!   Be prepared to battle today -- put on the full armor of God -- and be ready to pounce on every thought that would seek to create a foothold in your life!  When you do this, truly you will become a strong man who's possessions are at perfect peace!

George

I like the writings of Luke you bring out a great point.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  436
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  13

On 12/3/2003 at 9:22 PM, George said:

George

This is back tracking, but it was in my spirit while reading this...I'm just now seeing this thread/discussion.

I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven."
Matthew 16:19 NASB
https://bible.com/bible/100/mat.16.19.NASB

Edited by worshiper70

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

This thread as been a worthy read.  There is such a lot for me to consider and meditate on.  I feel humbled that God led me to find this forum.

my biggest problem with forgiveness is forgiving self.  I’m generally quick to forgive others but not myself. 

I somehow have to learn to give myself the grace I freely give others.  Guilt and shame are from the enemy and if we don’t forgive ourselves then in effect we will not be effective for God.  I often find myself saying, “I should have known better.” - the reality is I should, but the amazing grace of my Lord and Saviour, covers me.  If He has forgiven me then I need to do the same.

Right, I’m off to deal with a stronghold or two. 

Thanks again George.

Love in Christ to you all 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  227
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Amen to that George. If I can add little something to that George, I am sure Satan and his buddies must have a great celebration counting all the broken marriages (with drinks on Satan),especially Christian Marriages, not following Paul's advice "as to the Lord"(New International Version.Eph 5:22)One could go into an issue over who is the "boss" of the house, i.e The Christological vs Cultural argument,but for the purposes of this post I firmly believe that a marriage is like a mini-church in accordance with 23 "For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church. his body of which he is the Saviour."(verse 23).I understand this to mean that the "Christian Home" is a vital element where all members in that "mini-church" or "sub-component" of the "Christ is head of the church"(infra)It follows that our behavior in that home should be analogous to our Christian behavior within the in  body of Christ and all other situations which we as Christians may find ourselves in our daily walk following Christ.

The behavior and respect by all Christians baby to adults within that "mini-church" and should follow the same Christian education process in accordance with  God and Christ's command "the greatest Command"Mt 22:37-40) which refers directly to "5.Love the Lord your God with all your heart,with all your soul ,and with all your strength.6. Never forget these commands that I am giving you today.Teach them(my bold) to your children. Repeat them when you are at home and when you are away..."(Deut.5-6a).It does not say leave it to the Church or Pastor or even the public school, but the parents themselves must do their bit as well in this "mini-church".This is where Satan really hits the underbelly and literary laughs at Chris,t because in most cases the "mini-church" is also divided "within itself"(supra)

The Israelites were no doubt also very busy running their homes to focus on "teaching" but evidently God does not "buy" that excuse.Not then and neither today "I the Lord do not change..."(Mal. 3:6) It is easier said than done,but yet there we have it,if we really "Love the Lord your God with all your heart..."

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members *
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

i once came face to face with satan and one thing he is is formidable

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings noblenut

On 1/2/2019 at 7:51 AM, noblenut said:

i once came face to face with satan and one thing he is is formidable

More importantly ,he is an already defeated foe......we ARE Victorious in Christ Jesus!!!! True,without the Full Armor of God we are in trouble -notice that Gods Armor does not mention a backplate but a breastplate(Eph 6)....I always believed that is because we can boldly face the enemy when we Understand WHO we are in Christ " More than a Conqueror"(Romans 8:37) Never run away,recognize and USE your Authority

I say it begins with taking captive your thoughts...

2 Corinthians 10:5
King James Bible
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Everything starts with a simple "thought",a thought cannot do much until we follow it up with action....so why "re-act" to the first thought(or emotion) that pops in your head!!! Most of the time a problem occurs when words plop out of the mouth without thinking about it or playing it out fully in our minds-its a worn out tactic of the enemy that just never gets old and thats why we must stay full to the BRIM with Gods Word(Sword ) under that Helmet of Salvation that there is no room for the enemy to get in one single thought......

Yet,we are not ALWAYS Armored up & a thought might pop up(a not so nice thought).....so be reminded  quickly,recognize where the thought came from,turn to Jesus  & retaliate-by DOING nothing(by that I mean do not "re-act") Don't return evil for evil,instead meditate on the Word and speak accordingly ,if at all:th_handshake:

With love in Christ,Kwik

• This is Worthy 2

• 3 months later...

• Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

George 

Thankful for the word and lesson you have shared. There is an area in my life which I feel that Satan may use to bind me, I know this but it is so hard letting go.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hi George and everyone,

The Lord allowed me to experience the enemy’s deception.  And after that The Lord taught me a great lesson.

what almost all of you discussed here is true...

But we must remain on our focus to follow Jesus. Every time i have a question with spiritual warfare, ( bec of my experience) the Lord would ask me, “what did I do?” “Did I do that” “How did I react”.... then after the Holy Spirit reminded me on how Jesus walked here on earth... the Lord would then tell me “then follow Me”.

John 14:30-31 NLT
[30] "I don't have much more time to talk to you, because the ruler of this world approaches. He has no power over me, [31] but I will do what the Father requires of me, so that the world will know that I love the Father. Come, let's be going.

1 John 5:18-21 NLT
[18] We know that God's children do not make a practice of sinning, for God's Son holds them securely, and the evil one cannot touch them. [19] We know that we are children of God and that the world around us is under the control of the evil one. [20] And we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us understanding so that we can know the true God. And now we live in fellowship with the true God because we live in fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ. He is the only true God, and he is eternal life. [21] Dear children, keep away from anything that might take God's place in your hearts.

UNBELIEF IS THE SIN THAT GOD HATES MOST. 

Obedience and trusting the Lord and worshipping Him defeats the enemy. 

Always look at the CROSS then we would be reminded of the things that matters most.

• Praise God! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,082
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

On 12/3/2003 at 10:22 PM, George said:

George

Nothing you describe is the work of Satan.   It is just poor communication and normal events of marriage. 

Both should have called each other before making a purchase.