IGNORED

IS GOD, AND JESUS, "ONE" IN UNITY OR BODY?

HAZARD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0

Here, O Israel, the Lord they God is One

that's all you need to know... any other philisophical explanation or anything like that is not needed... but as long as, in the end, you realize that God is truely and completely ONE God, you are good to go...

That's right he's not three but ONE. :thumbsup:

The attempt to explain the ONE true God sometimes results in dividing him into three in such a way that He is no longer ONE.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

Is 9:6For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

John 1:1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2The same was in the beginning with God.

3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

"...of one substance (homoousis) with the Father...."

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

"...of one substance (homoousis) with the Father...."

Hi leonard.

WHAT THE ? ? ? !

As a hunter, finsherman, target shooter, all round sporting family man, I have to say, I have never heard, seen, or read the word "homoousis." I cannot even find it in Webester's unabridged twentieth century dictionary? I it mentioned in Scripture? or a concordance?

Haz?

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  09/13/1985

How can the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost be ONE personage? They can't.

Would Christ ever say anything to confuse us? Is he an actor? A hypocrite? God forbid! Why on numerous occasions does He refer distinctly to His Father? Why doesn't He refer to Himself as God The Father?

I do those things that please my Father....

I am on my Father's errand....

Pray to my Father which is in Heaven....

Pray in My name, unto the Father....

The Father judgeth no one, but giveth all judgement unto the Son....

These are merely a few examples of what Christ has said in the New Testament. THe following experiences should help us to realize that there are in fact three, and not One:

When Christ was baptized, a voice was heard from where? From the heavens. And what descended in the sign of a dove? The Holy Ghost. Here we see three distint personages.

Christ, while on the cross, cried unto His Father. "Why hast thou forsaken me?" This phrase implies the absence of His Father's presence. God was and is with Him(Christ) but in that moment God left Christ alone to suffer for our sins, and Christ felt that.

When Christ was resurrected, Mary stretched forth her hand to touch Him, but He wouldn't permit her, saying He had not yet gone up to where His Father is. Plain and simple. Christ, after His death and ressurrection, had not gone to where the Father was upon meeting Mary in the garden of the empty tomb.

After Christ's death, a man named Stephen looked up into heaven while being stoned, and saw the Glory of God and Christ on the right hand of God. How could He distinguish two personages? Was he hallucinating? Doubtful, since even in the most strenuous or painful circumstances, Holy Men are still spiritually focussed.

So, are God, Christ, and the Holy Ghost One personage? Or are they three seperate beings? Christ prayed unto His Father in John 17, for His apostles, that they might be one in Him as He was one with the Father. How can there exist such unity among mortal men? They cannnot possibly be One being; various personalities within one body. It is not logical, it is not Biblical, it is not True Doctrine. God, Christ, and the Holy Ghost are One in idea, purpose, thought, mind, but not in physical form. God has a body of flesh and bone, the Son also, but the Holy Ghost is a spirit, for if it were not, it could not dwell within us.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Would Christ ever say anything to confuse us? Is he an actor? A hypocrite? God forbid! Why on numerous occasions does He refer distinctly to His Father? Why doesn't He refer to Himself as God The Father?

These are merely a few examples of what Christ has said in the New Testament. THe following experiences should help us to realize that there are in fact three, and not One:

When Christ was baptized, a voice was heard from where? From the heavens. And what descended in the sign of a dove? The Holy Ghost. Here we see three distint personages.

Christ, while on the cross, cried unto His Father. "Why hast thou forsaken me?" This phrase implies the absence of His Father's presence. God was and is with Him(Christ) but in that moment God left Christ alone to suffer for our sins, and Christ felt that.

When Christ was resurrected, Mary stretched forth her hand to touch Him, but He wouldn't permit her, saying He had not yet gone up to where His Father is. Plain and simple. Christ, after His death and ressurrection, had not gone to where the Father was upon meeting Mary in the garden of the empty tomb.

After Christ's death, a man named Stephen looked up into heaven while being stoned, and saw the Glory of God and Christ on the right hand of God. How could He distinguish two personages? Was he hallucinating? Doubtful, since even in the most strenuous or painful circumstances, Holy Men are still spiritually focussed.

So, are God, Christ, and the Holy Ghost One personage? Or are they three seperate beings? Christ prayed unto His Father in John 17, for His apostles, that they might be one in Him as He was one with the Father. How can there exist such unity among mortal men? They cannnot possibly be One being; various personalities within one body. It is not logical, it is not Biblical, it is not True Doctrine. God, Christ, and the Holy Ghost are One in idea, purpose, thought, mind, but not in physical form. God has a body of flesh and bone, the Son also, but the Holy Ghost is a spirit, for if it were not, it could not dwell within us.

God the Father, God the Son, and God, the Holy Spirit are ONE. Deny that and you've got problems.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.53

You just made a great case for the Trinity.

Now look up all the passages that assure us that Jesus is God, the Holy Spirit is God, and the Father is God.........and there is only one God.

Blessings,

Fiosh

:rolleyes:

________________________________________________________________________________

I agree with you on this doctrin. Jesus, the Father, and the Holy Spirit are "one" no worries at all, but they are "one" in unity and not three beings in one body.

Jesus Christ existed in His Spirit body throughout all eternity past, untill He divested Himself of His Spirit body and became a man. As God He has always existed. But, as a man, in taking human form, flesh and blood, He had a beginning.

Scripture, show that Jesus Christ was one of the three divine persons of the Deity and that as God he had no beginning.

John 1:1 states that He was the Word, and that He was with God, and that He was God. He became a man in John 1:14. The Father never divested Himself of His Divinity and became man, and He remained in Heaven the whole time Jesus was on the earth. Every time jesus prayed to the Father He prayed to Him "In Heaven." Jesus knew who the Father was and He also knew where the Father was.

Mic. 5:2 states Jesus existed from all eternity.

John states of Jesus as existing in the very beginning with the Father (John 1;1-5).

Jesus Himself said He was before Abraham, and before the World was created (John 8:58; 17:5, 24).

Paul states Christ as existing before all things and as the creator and upholder of all things (Col. 1:15-18; Heb. 1:1-3, 8; 2:10). God the Father created all things by Jesus (Eph. 3:9).

Divine names are ascribed to Him.

These divine names and titles proves that He is by nature divine and a member of the Godhead.

He is called God and Immanuel in (Matt. 1:23; John 1:1; 20:28 and Acts 20:28).

Christ the Lord (Luke 2:26); He is The Son of God (Matt. 4:3; 14:33; Luke 22:70; John 1:34; Rom. 1:4).

He is called "MY SON" by the Father in (Matt. 3:17); The only begotten Son (John 1:18; 3:16-18; 1 John 4:9).

He is called the First and the Last. Alpha and Omega, The beginning and Ending (Rev. 22:12, 13, 16). The Lord (Acts9:17); The Son of the Highest (Luke 1:32; Mark 14:61).

The Holy Child Jesus (Acts 4:30); King of Kings and Lord of Lords (Rev. 19:16); Lord and Savious (2 Peter 3:2); and The Word Of God (Rev. 19:13), and many more such titles show He is a member of the Divine Godhead.

In Phil. 2:5-11 Paul speaks of Christ being in God's form and that He laid aside this form and limited His attributes and powers as God to become a man. These powers were given back to Him when He was exalted to the highest place with God, (Coll. 3:1; Mark 16:19), after His lowest humiliation and limitation before God-even to do nothing, say nothing, be nothing and depend entirely upon God the Father for needed grace for body, soul, and spirit, and make a sucess of the work the Father sent Him into the world to do (Phil 2:9-11; Eph. 1:21-23; Col. 1:15-24; 1 Pet. 3:22). We know He did not keep His powers and position whilst a man, else He could not have been exalted back to it.

If He had not laid aside all His Glory and power He could not have had it restored to Him as stated in John 17:5. If He had retained all His riches while on Earth He could not have become poor for our sakes as taught in 2 Cor. 8:9. If He had kept His divine form He could not have taken on human form as taught by Phil. 2:5-11.

His incarnation proves He was limited as a man and grew to manhood as we all do, and He developed normally as any other human child. All the traditional theories of Him making toy birds and animals of mud and breathing life into them so they became real creatures and ran and flew away, and the many other miraculous powers He allegedly had from birth are mere theories and traditions made up by suspicious pagans to make Him equal with their pagan gods. He was a normal man as we are, and He did no miraculous works untill He was anointed fully by the Holy Spirit (Matt. 3:16-17; John 2:11).

After Jesus was annointed by the Holy Spirit to the full, He then posessed all the gifts and Graces of the Holy Spirit to the full, and He demonstrated what being like God among men really is like and He encouraged one and all who aspire to this exalted position, of sons of God with Power (John 3:34; Acts 10:38).

He laid aside His natural and divine attributes, and their use, and became a perfect example of yieldedness to God and His Spirit to overcome the world, the flesh, and the devil (Heb. 10:5-9; Acts 10:38).

Regarding His Humanity. Human names were ascribed to Him. Rabboni (John 20:16), Jesus (Matt. 1:21), Son of Abraham and David (Matt. 1:1), Seed and Offspring of David(Rom. 1:3; Rev. 5:5; 22:16). The second man and the Last Adam (1 Cor. 15:45-47). The King of the Jews (Matt. 2:2).

He was called a "BABE," a "CHILD," and a "MAN" (Luke 2:16; Isa. 9:6; Acts 17:31; 1 Tim. 2L4-5; Rom. 5:12-21; John 8:40; Acts 2:22; 1 Cor. 15:21, 45-47).

It was prophecied that He would be born of a human mother (Gen. 3:15; Isa. 7:14; 9:6-7; 11:1; 53:1-12; Ps. 22).

And He had flesh and blood like all other men (John 1:14; Heb. 2:14-15; 1 John 4:1-6; Luke 24:39; John 19:34).

Jesus Christ, still has His glorified flesh and bone body, and He now sits beside the Father on a throne, in Heaven (Luke 24:39; John 20:27; Mark 16:19; Luke 22:69), for the Father, who is and did remain a Spirit being, is Spirit and has a Spirit body, and must be worshiped in Spirit and truth (John 4:24). Jesus could not sit beside His Father in Heaven with a flesh and bone body, and be the Father Himself as well with a Spirit body?

a god in training Posted Today, 06:44 AM

"Well, I posted once before, but the administrators deleted my post. Obviously, my points struck some sort of nerve. So, instead of them trying to prove to me that God, Christ, and the Holy Ghost are One being, they simply delete my post and pretend it never existed. Classic.

The thought that God, His Christ, and the Holy Ghost are not three seperate beings, denies the Bible and common sense. Don't think so? Then delete my post. That's a good way to solve it. Is it seriously that controversial?"

Maybe the devil deleted your post's. he doesn't want people finding out who God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit really are, and what their plan for man is?

The Father said to the Word who later became Jesus; "Let US make man in OUR image and after Our likeness. Now if we believe the Father was talking to Himself there and then, the devil and all heretics are laughing their heads off at us. There are people out there who do talk to themselves, and say they are someone else, one is good, the other not so good, and what does society say about this? They say it is a sickness, split personality dissorder. I would be correct in saying God does not talk to Himself, does not think He is the Holy Spirit, or even think He is the Word who became Jesus. And jesus does not climb inside and get outside of the Father whenever the situation arises to support the devils teaching.

Paul said in 1 Cor. 3:23 and 11:3 that the head of Christ is God. God is the boss, the head, the leader, He is the one God, Jesus is in total unity in all things with the Father, and He is also a member of the diety, a God Being. They are two, not one in body, but they are one in unity in all things. Not my idea or theory, but plainly stated in many dozens of Scriptures. This is the great thing about God. He never forces people to believe what He says about Himself, and he should know more about Himself that anyone else in the universe does. Adam and Eve chose to believe the devil over God when He told them of His plan for their eternal life. God said if you believe Me, you will live forever in eternal joy and peace. If you don't, and dissobey Me, you will die. The devil said you will not die. They believed him instead of God. Now the devil has been busy telling everyone that God is "one" and everyone believes him. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, are "one" all right. They are "one" in every decision, everything they plan and do for the good of mankind, and for the good all throughout the universe. The devil is saying, "not their not "one" in unity, in planing and doing everything for the good of mankind and for the good of all throughout the universe? They are "one" body. How's that for throwing everyone off the scent? He's good isn't he?

Lets hope and pray the devil can't delete these posts,so people can decide for themselves who to follow, God or the devil?

Haz.

________________________________________________________________________________

I agree with you on this doctrin. Jesus, the Father, and the Holy Spirit are "one" no worries at all, but they are "one" in unity and not three beings in one body.

Jesus Christ existed in His Spirit body throughout all eternity past, untill He divested Himself of His Spirit body and became a man. As God He has always existed. But, as a man, in taking human form, flesh and blood, He had a beginning.

Scripture, show that Jesus Christ was one of the three divine persons of the Deity and that as God he had no beginning.

John 1:1 states that He was the Word, and that He was with God, and that He was God. He became a man in John 1:14. The Father never divested Himself of His Divinity and became man, and He remained in Heaven the whole time Jesus was on the earth. Every time jesus prayed to the Father He prayed to Him "In Heaven." Jesus knew who the Father was and He also knew where the Father was.

Mic. 5:2 states Jesus existed from all eternity.

John states of Jesus as existing in the very beginning with the Father (John 1;1-5).

Jesus Himself said He was before Abraham, and before the World was created (John 8:58; 17:5, 24).

Paul states Christ as existing before all things and as the creator and upholder of all things (Col. 1:15-18; Heb. 1:1-3, 8; 2:10). God the Father created all things by Jesus (Eph. 3:9).

Divine names are ascribed to Him.

These divine names and titles proves that He is by nature divine and a member of the Godhead.

He is called God and Immanuel in (Matt. 1:23; John 1:1; 20:28 and Acts 20:28).

Christ the Lord (Luke 2:26); He is The Son of God (Matt. 4:3; 14:33; Luke 22:70; John 1:34; Rom. 1:4).

He is called "MY SON" by the Father in (Matt. 3:17); The only begotten Son (John 1:18; 3:16-18; 1 John 4:9).

He is called the First and the Last. Alpha and Omega, The beginning and Ending (Rev. 22:12, 13, 16). The Lord (Acts9:17); The Son of the Highest (Luke 1:32; Mark 14:61).

The Holy Child Jesus (Acts 4:30); King of Kings and Lord of Lords (Rev. 19:16); Lord and Savious (2 Peter 3:2); and The Word Of God (Rev. 19:13), and many more such titles show He is a member of the Divine Godhead.

In Phil. 2:5-11 Paul speaks of Christ being in God's form and that He laid aside this form and limited His attributes and powers as God to become a man. These powers were given back to Him when He was exalted to the highest place with God, (Coll. 3:1; Mark 16:19), after His lowest humiliation and limitation before God-even to do nothing, say nothing, be nothing and depend entirely upon God the Father for needed grace for body, soul, and spirit, and make a sucess of the work the Father sent Him into the world to do (Phil 2:9-11; Eph. 1:21-23; Col. 1:15-24; 1 Pet. 3:22). We know He did not keep His powers and position whilst a man, else He could not have been exalted back to it.

If He had not laid aside all His Glory and power He could not have had it restored to Him as stated in John 17:5. If He had retained all His riches while on Earth He could not have become poor for our sakes as taught in 2 Cor. 8:9. If He had kept His divine form He could not have taken on human form as taught by Phil. 2:5-11.

His incarnation proves He was limited as a man and grew to manhood as we all do, and He developed normally as any other human child. All the traditional theories of Him making toy birds and animals of mud and breathing life into them so they became real creatures and ran and flew away, and the many other miraculous powers He allegedly had from birth are mere theories and traditions made up by suspicious pagans to make Him equal with their pagan gods. He was a normal man as we are, and He did no miraculous works untill He was anointed fully by the Holy Spirit (Matt. 3:16-17; John 2:11).

After Jesus was annointed by the Holy Spirit to the full, He then posessed all the gifts and Graces of the Holy Spirit to the full, and He demonstrated what being like God among men really is like and He encouraged one and all who aspire to this exalted position, of sons of God with Power (John 3:34; Acts 10:38).

He laid aside His natural and divine attributes, and their use, and became a perfect example of yieldedness to God and His Spirit to overcome the world, the flesh, and the devil (Heb. 10:5-9; Acts 10:38).

Regarding His Humanity. Human names were ascribed to Him. Rabboni (John 20:16), Jesus (Matt. 1:21), Son of Abraham and David (Matt. 1:1), Seed and Offspring of David(Rom. 1:3; Rev. 5:5; 22:16). The second man and the Last Adam (1 Cor. 15:45-47). The King of the Jews (Matt. 2:2).

He was called a "BABE," a "CHILD," and a "MAN" (Luke 2:16; Isa. 9:6; Acts 17:31; 1 Tim. 2L4-5; Rom. 5:12-21; John 8:40; Acts 2:22; 1 Cor. 15:21, 45-47).

It was prophecied that He would be born of a human mother (Gen. 3:15; Isa. 7:14; 9:6-7; 11:1; 53:1-12; Ps. 22).

And He had flesh and blood like all other men (John 1:14; Heb. 2:14-15; 1 John 4:1-6; Luke 24:39; John 19:34).

Jesus Christ, still has His glorified flesh and bone body, and He now sits beside the Father on a throne, in Heaven (Luke 24:39; John 20:27; Mark 16:19; Luke 22:69), for the Father, who is and did remain a Spirit being, is Spirit and has a Spirit body, and must be worshiped in Spirit and truth (John 4:24). Jesus could not sit beside His Father in Heaven with a flesh and bone body, and be the Father Himself as well with a Spirit body?

a god in training Posted Today, 06:44 AM

"Well, I posted once before, but the administrators deleted my post. Obviously, my points struck some sort of nerve. So, instead of them trying to prove to me that God, Christ, and the Holy Ghost are One being, they simply delete my post and pretend it never existed. Classic.

The thought that God, His Christ, and the Holy Ghost are not three seperate beings, denies the Bible and common sense. Don't think so? Then delete my post. That's a good way to solve it. Is it seriously that controversial?"

Maybe the devil deleted your post's. he doesn't want people finding out who God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit really are, and what their plan for man is?

The Father said to the Word who later became Jesus; "Let US make man in OUR image and after Our likeness. Now if we believe the Father was talking to Himself there and then, the devil and all heretics are laughing their heads off at us. There are people out there who do talk to themselves, and say they are someone else, one is good, the other not so good, and what does society say about this? They say it is a sickness, split personality dissorder. I would be correct in saying God does not talk to Himself, does not think He is the Holy Spirit, or even think He is the Word who became Jesus. And jesus does not climb inside and get outside of the Father whenever the situation arises to support the devils teaching.

Paul said in 1 Cor. 3:23 and 11:3 that the head of Christ is God. God is the boss, the head, the leader, He is the one God, Jesus is in total unity in all things with the Father, and He is also a member of the diety, a God Being. They are two, not one in body, but they are one in unity in all things. Not my idea or theory, but plainly stated in many dozens of Scriptures. This is the great thing about God. He never forces people to believe what He says about Himself, and he should know more about Himself that anyone else in the universe does. Adam and Eve chose to believe the devil over God when He told them of His plan for their eternal life. God said if you believe Me, you will live forever in eternal joy and peace. If you don't, and dissobey Me, you will die. The devil said you will not die. They believed him instead of God. Now the devil has been busy telling everyone that God is "one" and everyone believes him. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, are "one" all right. They are "one" in every decision, everything they plan and do for the good of mankind, and for the good all throughout the universe. The devil is saying, "not their not "one" in unity, in planing and doing everything for the good of mankind and for the good of all throughout the universe? They are "one" body. How's that for throwing everyone off the scent? He's good isn't he?

Lets hope and pray the devil can't delete these posts,so people can decide for themselves who to follow, God or the devil?

Haz.

With respect, I believe this post was deleted. I pray I am mistaken. But if not? Before it is again deleted, I ask, why would anyone wish to delete these peosts with out any scriptural rebuttle at all?

If the Scriptures posted do not support what is being shown, please show me Scriptures that disproves what is being stated?

Haz.

Our Father, Thank you for holding this thread together, and showing us through your written word who you, your Son, and the Holy Spirit are, and not what the devil would like us to believe you are.

You teach us in Your written Word, through Jesus Christ, your only begotten Son to; "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me" (John 5:39). Jesus encourages us to search the Scriptures for the scriptures "testify of Him." He never says, take the easy road, believe the first scripture you come across on any subject and believe what it says as fact on the particular doctrin and ignore all the others which expand and enlightenes and gives a clear true picture. Search the Scriptures, like a bloodhound on a scent trail untill every scripture on any doctrin can be taken into account before our minds are made up on any doctrin.

Praise God's Holy Name!

In Jesus Holy Name I pray this prayer. I am willing to learn, to accept any doctrin that is proved by Scriptures, and not just one stand alone Scripture, but several Scriptures which paint the whole picture. If I am proven wrong on any doctrin, I, with the help of the Holy Spirit will repent of my error and like greased lightning change my belief.

Haz.