IGNORED

IS GOD, AND JESUS, "ONE" IN UNITY OR BODY?

HAZARD

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/13/1985

Thank you Haz. I agree.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  19

Deuteronomy 6:4-5

4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!

NKJV

Isaiah 44:24

Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer,

And He who formed you from the womb:

"I am the LORD, who makes all things,

Who stretches out the heavens all alone,

Who spreads abroad the earth by Myself;

NKJV

Colossians 2:8-9

8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ. 9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; 10 and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.NKJV

Malachi 3:6

6 "For I am the LORD, I do not change;

Therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob.

NKJV

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

NKJV

NKJV

8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ. 9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; 10 and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.NKJV

NKJV

The unity of God; Deuteronomy 6:4; "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord."

These words were always used at the begining of the Jewish services of both morning and evening (verse 4 and 5), and may be termed the short creed of the Jews. In them we find not only the declaration of the unity of God as contrasted with polythesim, the doctrin of the Trinity, and the true nature of Spiritual worship, but also the fact that Jehovah is the absolute and only uncaused God. Literally, JEHOVAH our ELOHIM is a unified Jehovah. Deut. 6:1-8 was one of four passages which Jews used in phylacteries, and which they regarded as one of the most pregnant with truth and instruction. The other passages were 11:18-21; Ex. 13:2-10, 11-16.

The unity of oneness of Jehovah and God-Jehovah our Elohim is a united Jehovah.

Regarding the trinity of God. There is more than one Jehovah and more than one God as individuals, but they are one Jehovah and one God in unity, thus expressing the truth of three separate and distinct persons, beings, or individuals in the Divine Trinity (PLEASE READ 1 John 5:7). The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost are one in this way, not one in individuality. The words Jehovah and God have a singular and plural meaning, like our word SHEEP. Since there are three persons or beings, then the only way they can be one is in the sense of unity, as prayed for in John 17:21-23.

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  19

NKJV

NKJV

NKJV

The unity of God; Deuteronomy 6:4; "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord."

These words were always used at the begining of the Jewish services of both morning and evening (verse 4 and 5), and may be termed the short creed of the Jews. In them we find not only the declaration of the unity of God as contrasted with polythesim, the doctrin of the Trinity, and the true nature of Spiritual worship, but also the fact that Jehovah is the absolute and only uncaused God. Literally, JEHOVAH our ELOHIM is a unified Jehovah. Deut. 6:1-8 was one of four passages which Jews used in phylacteries, and which they regarded as one of the most pregnant with truth and instruction. The other passages were 11:18-21; Ex. 13:2-10, 11-16.

Regarding the trinity of God. There is more than one Jehovah and more than one God as individuals, but they are one Jehovah and one God in unity, thus expressing the truth of three separate and distinct persons, beings, or individuals in the Divine Trinity (PLEASE READ 1 John 5:7). The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost are one in this way, not one in individuality. The words Jehovah and God have a singular and plural meaning, like our word SHEEP. Since there are three persons or beings, then the only way they can be one is in the sense of unity, as prayed for in John 17:21-23.

Hazard, thank you for your response. I challenge you to pray and ask the Lord to give you the His full truth. Tell, Him you want His full truth and not anything man-made. Then see what He shows you. God bless you! :wub:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  387
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/11/1977

Dear friends in Jesus.

I have my own understanding on questions such as these. I am interested in what other Christians believe regarding this doctrin. The Word, who was in the beginning with God, and is addressed as "him" in John 1:3, which proves He was a member of the Godhead, and not the Word of God, or God's Word, divested Himself of His divinity and became flesh. He lived and died as a man, was resurrected as the first of the first fruits in His Glorified Flesh and Bone Body.

What was Jesus asking the Father when He prayed to the Father, this prayer?:

"And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, THAT THEY MAY BE ONE, AS WE ARE" (John 17:11).

And this prayer, "That they MAY BE ONE; as thou, Father art IN ME, and I IN THEE, that they MAY BE ONE IN US: that the world may believe that thou has sent me" (John 17:21).

"And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; THAT THEY MAY BE ONE, even AS WE ARE ONE: I in them, and thou IN ME, that they may be made perfect IN ONE; and that the world may know etc., (John 17:22-23). "And I have declared unto them thy name, and I will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, AND I IN THEM" (John 17:26).

Was Jesus praying to the Father to keep His disciples and all His followers "one in unity" as He and the Father were. Or was Jesus asking the Father to allow all His disciples, followers, and those who believed in Him to get inside one or all of them and form "one body" as many ministers believe and teach Jesus and the Father are?

:taped::wub:

NKJV

NKJV

NKJV

very true :taped::wub: I don't understand why this is so confusing to many people. I think it is because we all have a preconcieved idea that the word God is singular, so when the Father and the Son are both referanced as God, they think they are the same person. The truth that many never find is that the word God in our language was translated from more than one word. Sometimes it was singular and other times plural. There are in fact more than one God Persons, but they are all God. Jesus and the Father are God, but they are seperate entities, and one in the same mindset, goals, and purpose. Like you said man and woman become one flesh when they are married. It is the same with God, and also the same(or supposed to be) with Christians. Obviously we are all seperate individuals, but we make up one Body of Christ.

NKJV

NKJV

NKJV

Hazard, thank you for your response. I challenge you to pray and ask the Lord to give you the His full truth. Tell, Him you want His full truth and not anything man-made. Then see what He shows you. God bless you! :emot-highfive:

I thank each and everyone of you who have responded to this thread for your replies.

I once believed God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit were "one" God. As time went on, I became more and more confused by the many different and conflicting teachings offered by different ministers, all professing to preach the truth. What is truth??

I found this Scripture many years ago, John 5:39, where Jesus Himself commands us, not to believe the teachings of men, but to "Search the Scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." After searching "all" the Scriptures, and not hanging my previously percieved understanding of the Trinity, on one or two Scriptures, many of which I have posted in this thread, and prayed for the Holy Spirit to guide me in this, I can only come to one conclusion, that, which I have posted throughout. Not one time does the Father claim to be Jesus or the Holy Spirit. Not one time does Jesus claim to be the Father or the Holy Spirit, and neither does the Holy Spirit claim to be the Father or Jesus. The do however speak to each other, about each other and of each other. And when Jesus prayed, "Let them be one, as WE are one, He was speaking to His Father (PLURAL), and not to Himself. He was not praying, Me, let them be one as me and me are one?

Haz.

Here, O Israel, the Lord they God is One

that's all you need to know... any other philisophical explanation or anything like that is not needed... but as long as, in the end, you realize that God is truely and completely ONE God, you are good to go...

Yes Jesus and the Father are one God, just as my wife and I are one flesh. :emot-highfive:

Here, O Israel, the Lord they God is One

that's all you need to know... any other philisophical explanation or anything like that is not needed... but as long as, in the end, you realize that God is truely and completely ONE God, you are good to go...

Yes Jesus and the Father are one God, just as my wife and I are one flesh. :thumbsup:

Naturally, I am in total agreement with you TomPJr. As for Larry-boy, there is nothing philisophical about plain Scripture. All one needs is the ability to read plain written language as is recorded in the Bible. God does not have a split personality. He never talks to Himself, He does not think or even suggest that He is another person or two in disguise. He never prays to Himself, He never ask's Himself, in another persons name to anything for someone or anyone else, in His own name but actually meaning Himself, as Himself? The logic in this is so illogical its no wonder ministers say; I dont understand it, but I believe it? Anyone that does not understand something at all and states they believe it anyway is being quite fooliosh.

Many, many, people who hang all their understanding on one or two Scriptures, such as quoted above, do not realize that here are over 20.000 references about God in the Bible stating almost in infinate detail, what He is like, what He can do, what He cannot do, and what He has done and yet plans to do for mankind. Men, throughout the ages, have changed and spiritualized so many statements about God in Scripture that they have nullified the true Bible relevation of Him. People have therefore failed to get the true, the sane, the simple knowledge of God. We must believe what God says about Himself, and Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit, in Scripture, in the same literal sense in which we understand the same kind of language when it is used of anyone else? God knows more about Himself, His son, and the Holy Spirit, than any man. It is far easier to believe what God does say about Himself than to try and understand what He does not say about Himself, or what any meer man says about Him. Why should it be an unpardonable sin to believe the Bible litterally on the subject of God and who He is? To believe what God says about Himself certainly makes more sense to me than to try and believe what men think God has said about Himself.

God., simply means diety or divinity and it is also used of false gods as well of the true God.

Godhead simply means that which is divine. It is used of Jesus in Coll. 2:9 as having all the qualities of divinity in His manifestation of God to men. It is also used of all three persons in the diety in Romans 1:20.

ONE. The hebrew word for one in such Scriptures as "one Lord" (Deut. 6:4-6) and "one God" in (Mal. 2:10) is ACHAD, to unify, collect, be united in one, one in number. It is used as one in unity many times: "they shall be one flesh" (Gen. 2:24); "the people are one" (Gen. 11:6). etc.

The shame of it all is, if people let him, Satan steals the Word of God lest they should believe it (Matt 13:19; Luke 8:12). These very people sincerely encourage people to ask God to reveal Himself to those who already truly know Him? Its like Satan telling Eve, "You shall not surely die" after God stated "Ye shall surly die." Who does one believe? As free moral agents we can believe what we will. God puts the facts in the Bible for all to read, even the simple can understand it (Luke 10:21), and its up to us to believe or not believe.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

I agree that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are One in Unity.

Jesus is THE WAY Back to the Father.