• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

1 Corinthians 8:5-6

5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

KJV

Well I am no theologian, but to me this verse says this simplified and in epainos interpretation:

Although there are many that are called gods, but to us Christians, there is only ONE GOD and ONE LORD.

Edited by epainos

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

1 Corinthians 8:5-6

5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

KJV

Well I am no theologian, but to me this verse says this simplified and in epainos interpretation:

Although there are many that are called gods, but to us Christians, there is only ONE GOD and ONE LORD.

Thank you for that clarification epainos. :24:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Grace to you,

Hello god in training,

There is only One God and there is no other like Him.

What you are describing here appears to be Mormon Theology and it is incorrect.

We are joint heirs with Christ in His economy. Not His equality.

Peace,

Dave

Well put and gracefully stated. The Mormon is incorrect theology.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.53

ummm...no..we were not created to be a god. Where is your scripture to back this? There is only one God and He created us to worship the one true God, Himself!

git said: "Well, you are half correct. In 1 Corinthians 8:5-6, we read":

"For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him."

If you read I Cor 8 from the beginning the meaning will be clear to you, git. It speaks of whether or not Christians can eat meat offered to idols. And, it actually makes the point that since other gods do not exist, it really doesn't matter---but we must always be careful not to give the wrong impression to one who is "weak".

I Cor 8:1

Now in regard to meat sacrificed to idols: we realize that "all of us have knowledge"; knowledge inflates with pride, but love builds up.

If anyone supposes he knows something, he does not yet know as he ought to know.

But if one loves God, one is known by him.

So about the eating of meat sacrificed to idols: we know that "there is no idol in the world," and that "there is no God but one."

compare to Deut 4: 28

"There you shall serve gods fashioned by the hands of man out of wood and stone, gods which can neither see nor hear, neither eat nor smell. "

Sooner or later you will need to come to terms with the fact that you are not a "god in training". But you are His child. And if you remain faithful to Him, one day all that He has will be yours.

Peace,

Fiosh

:emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.53

What do you mean different religions? Only Christianity recognizes God and Jesus as Jehovah. Are you meaning other denominations? I wouldn't expect any other religion to know.

Sorry, I should have specified. Biblicist gave us definitions of denominations and religions. So I guess you could say they were different Christian denominations that were confused on the subject of Jesus being Jehovah.

Now, what I would like to know is who classified Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses as "non-Christian?" Anyone who makes that assumption is misinformed. But, as a Mormon, I enjoy being in my own "category."

The teachings of the Jehovah's Witnesses are not Christian because they deny the Deity of Jesus Christ. They refer to Him as "a god" rather than God. :noidea:

If you study the history and beliefs of the Mormons, you will see for yourself that what they teach is not Christianity. For starters they do not believe in the Jesus of the Bible. I will not go so far as to say that YOU are not a Christian for it is possible you are not yet familiar with all the Mormon teachings.

Why would you follow a religion that was only began in the 1820's anyway?????? :emot-hug:

Peace,

Fiosh

:laugh:

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

It was the sin of satan to want to be GOD and it got him cast out of heaven!

Was it not the devils sin to want to be GOD ?!!

That attempt to try to be GOD that the sinful devil did and does in his jealousy and rebellion get the devil cast into eternal fire.

Why would we ever want to join him in this very same sin against GOD?

Jesus is the work of GOD and the only acceptable Work for salvation is Jesus and His Sacrifice on The Cross.

For anything less is to boast in ourselves and not GOD. We are never to be self centric; but, GOD centered!!

The Bible says that Jesus was a Son over His Own House, to wit that GOd was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself.

JESUS IS LORD

elkie

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

It was the sin of satan to want to be GOD and it got him cast out of heaven!

Was it not the devils sin to want to be GOD ?!!

That attempt to try to be GOD that the sinful devil did and does in his jealousy and rebellion get the devil cast into eternal fire.

Why would we ever want to join him in this very same sin against GOD?

Jesus is the work of GOD and the only acceptable Work for salvation is Jesus and His Sacrifice on The Cross.

For anything less is to boast in ourselves and not GOD. We are never to be self centric; but, GOD centered!!

The Bible says that Jesus was a Son over His Own House, to wit that GOd was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself.

JESUS IS LORD

elkie

Woohoo! Thats what Im talking about! Hallelujah JESUS you ROCK! :24::24:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

The Mormon Jesus

1. The literal son of god and his goddess wife begotten in the pre-existence.

2. The brother of all spirits born in heaven in the premortal existence.

3. One of 3 gods in the godhead.

4. The Trinity is three separate gods.

5. First one to receive a spirit body.

6. Atoned for sin on the cross and in the garden of Gethsemane.

The Christian Jesus

1. Not the literal son of god and his goddess wife.

2. Not the brother of all spirits born in heaven in a premortal existence.

3. Not one of 3 gods in the godhead.

4. The Trinity is 3 persons in one God.

5. Was always spirit from eternity.

5. Atoned for sin on the cross alone.

This brief comparison should help you see the difference between the two. Jesus cannot be both literal son of god and his goddess wife and not the literal begotten son. He cannot be both one of 3 gods, and not one of 3 gods. They are different. In fact, it would be a lot easier if the Mormons called him by a different name. For example, Bolok would be good. Bolok is one of three gods, but Jesus is not. etc. That way, it would be a lot easier to tell them apart.

Mormonism definitely does not teach the same Jesus as Christianity.

This excerpt is from: "Basic Christian Doctrine" by Matthew Slick, www.carm.org/basicdoc.htm.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

An interesting topic. I would like to hear from you all.

What do YOU think? Is Christ the Eternal Jehovah, God of the Old Testament?

Christ is the image of the invisible God. We can safely say that he is indeed the same God of the OT, in man-form. He is literally God in the flesh.

This does not however mean that the God the father and God the Son cannot be metaphysically seperate since Christ sits at God's right hand.

What you're really driving at is a discussion of the Trinity. If you read a "new world translation" of the scriptures I would suggest getting rid of

that and getting something else... any other standard Bible should do.

Edited by tdrehfal