• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Well, the question probably has to be answered by a Morman. I agree it is a strange question. To explain, the Hebrew God is identified by NAME in the Hebrew Scriptures. Gods name is יהוה in Hebrew. The letters are translated YHWH in English. In most of the newer bibles of today, every place YHWH is written it has been replaced with LORD in Capital letters. The English version of Gods name is Jehovah. So back to my question. Does that clarify it?

No! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

LOL fiosh good question but a good mormon already has predicted that one. their answer will be that mormonism is older than christianity because of their prophet interpreting the book of abraham from the book of breathings of Osiris.

How they got the book of Abraham froma egyptian burial scroll, i have no idea. But that is what they teach

Hm. Would this be considered polytheism then? I mean believing both in Osiris and God himself? Just asking.

Though a Mormon will never admit it, they are polytheistic. They believe in multiple gods, that we will become gods, that there was a council of gods, etc.

Thank you for your response. Yours was the only one that seemed to be serious. For the rest of you, a little humbleness goes a long way or does your bible not teach that? Again, I apologize if I offended anyone by my question. Thank you.

For the rest of you, a little humbleness goes a long way or does your bible not teach that?

:whistling:

The Bible - Jesus is LORD!

"But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord." (2 Corinthians 10:17)

"To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ." (Romans 1:7)

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

"The same was in the beginning with God."

"All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."

"In him was life; and the life was the light of men."

"And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not."

"And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God." (Revelation 19:13)

"And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS." (Revelation 19:16)

"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:"

"And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus." (Revelations 22:18-20)

What kind of love would deny the Truth by scribbling over the Holy Name of The Lord Jesus Christ!

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." (Matthew 1:21)

"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us." (Matthew 1:23)

The LORD is coming back!

"For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord." (Matthew 23:39)

Go

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" (Matthew 28:19)

Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!

"For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified." (1 Corinthians 2:2)

Love, Joe

I noticed you are still posting in the Inner Court!

Wonderful!

When did you become a believer in the supreme Lordship of The Lord Jesus Christ?

Tell us more......

Registering for Worthy Ministries

You may not post any material that is disrespectful of God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, or the Bible. This includes user names or anything in your profile, or signature. "Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain." (Exodus 20:7)

There are two main sections to Worthy Boards, the Inner Court and the Outer Court. The Inner court is designed for fellowship and discussion among those who know Jesus Christ as Savior. The outer Court is an area where we allow anyone who wishes to learn more about our belief to ask questions and learn. Those who join Worthy who do not claim Christ as Savior will be designated "nonbeliever'. This designation will mean that they will only be able to post in the Outer Court area. They can read every part of the Forums, but their discussions will be limited to one area.

Statement of Faith - Worthy Ministries

We believe in God, the almighty creator of heaven and earth.

We believe in the Trinity of God. We believe that God is eternally One, and also eternally the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit -- the three being distinct, but not separate. Each Person of the Godhead coexists from everlasting to everlasting.

We believe in the Messiah, Jesus, God's only begotten son, God come in the flesh. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate. He was crucified, died and buried. On the third day, He rose again. Soon afterward He ascended into heaven. Now He is seated at the right hand of the Father and He will return to judge both the living and the dead and reign for evermore.

We believe all mankind are sinful and are therefore subject to God

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  5
  • Birthday:  08/23/1973

In defense of god in training's name I found some scriptures:

Joh 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods

Joh 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the Scripture cannot be broken;

Joh 10:36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Joh 10:37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

Joh 10:38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

If you look in the King James these words are in red. We know what that means.

Psa 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Phi 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Phi 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Phi 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Phi 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Phi 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Phi 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

Phi 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Phi 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Phi 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

God, The Mighty One gave power to us on this earth to do the works that he did on this earth. He wants us to know who we are. I think it takes a great step of faith to call ones self by that name.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  5
  • Birthday:  08/23/1973

god in training,

I encourage you in seeking God's word, and trying to find the truth. I don't agree with a lot of the mormon beliefs that I have heard. I pray that you get your answers. The only way you will know the truth is to ask questions. If you have not asked the Holy Spirit to help you, or you are not sure who he is or if you believe in that part of the trinity. I strongly suggest you search the scriptures concerning this also.

Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever;

Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

The Comforter or Holy Spirit will lead you into all truth.

Be blessed.

god in training,

I encourage you in seeking God's word, and trying to find the truth. I don't agree with a lot of the mormon beliefs that I have heard. I pray that you get your answers. The only way you will know the truth is to ask questions. If you have not asked the Holy Spirit to help you, or you are not sure who he is or if you believe in that part of the trinity. I strongly suggest you search the scriptures concerning this also.

Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever;

Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

The Comforter or Holy Spirit will lead you into all truth.

Be blessed.

:thumbsup:

Amen Sister, Amen!

Guest Jude 1:3
An interesting topic. I would like to hear from you all.

What do YOU think? Is Christ the Eternal Jehovah, God of the Old Testament?

Yes, Jehovah is the Triune God.

Jehovah is not Jesus-only or Father-only or Spirit-only.

Jehovah is God as a whole. :24:

Edit: it appears by other posts that you are LDS. I understand that you believe God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit are separate entities (or Gods). This, however, is not Biblical. One year ago, I nearly joined the LDS church ... thankfully, God intervened. :thumbsup: I will be happy to share my testimony if you are interested. God bless,

Jude

Edited by Jude 1:3