a god in training

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

An interesting topic. I would like to hear from you all.

What do YOU think? Is Christ the Eternal Jehovah, God of the Old Testament?

Romans 7:1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Well scytheweildor,That's a new spin that I have never seen used before. I understood that only the resurrected saints would be the Lord's bride. However we live and learn don't we. Still you are free to think as you have been taught.

Hay Pete!

Wonderful blog you have up.

I got a kick out of your humor as you posted The Truth.

Old Brother Paul nailed it!

"For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified." (1 Corinthians 2:2)

Is Jesus God?

If we were doing a decent job of shinning the light within us, people should look at our lives and say "man, I don't know what you got but I want some of that!". Love and loving others is where it's all at! It's all God wants us to do, and everything will just work itself out. You wont have to swear and hate or be angry, if you're busy giving back even a tiny portion of what you've been given. Jesus did that, and people by the thousands came to listen to Him preach. He was out amongst the throngs of sinners, not in theological seminaries trying to convince scholars. He was with the prostitutes, the lepers, the homeless, the widows, everyone that nobody else wanted.

Don't you think that if we did more of that, and less fighting and kicking back against the world we live in that more people would look at us and see God moving in our lives? I'm convinced that it isn't a big part of the story, it's all of the story. And if we're not shinning to love of our Lord, then we are doing something wrong. All these words to intellectualize what a person should be seeing is crazy! Why isn't God obvious in our lives? He should be, or we shouldn't identify with His name or His church, for we bring shame and dishonor to the Most High when people can't tell us apart from the world we live in.

Yeap!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I have read in the seven previous pages, repeated often and confidently that the answer to your question is "yes", a noble gesture, but in all honesty the answer is not that simple. And throwing a bunch of verses of scripture at the problem only avoids some obvious issues that any thinking person would eventually grapple with...

Well, I really didn't wanna throw another scripture to the mix, but this one has always been a fave of mine.

1 Timothy 3:16

16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/07/1949

It worries me when I read some people here stating that we will become Gods. There is no scriptural evidence for this whatsoever, if there is please show it to me. In fact not only is there no scriptural evidence for it, the Bible quite clearly tells us that it was one of satan's lies to eve "Ye shall be as Gods". Unfortunately this false "New Age" (which is really the old age teaching re-packaged) "mormon" and "manifest Son's of god" teaching has infiltrated the church of christ and today is preached by many that should know better i.e the WOF movement.

I will make a statement here GOD IS UNIQUE.

what makes God unique?

HIS ATTRIBUTES AND QUALIFICATIONS OF DEITY. i.e

He is omniscient.

He is Omnipresent.

He is Omnipotent

and He is Eternal.

(a) Omniscient He is all knowing

(b) Omnipresent He is everywhere.

© Omnipotent He is all powerfull.

(d) He is eternal.

We will never have these attributes and qualifications of deity even in our glorified state. they are what makes God, God. And in the Bible the Father, Son and Holy Spirit all share these same attributes.

Think about it for a minute!!!!! Take just one of these attributes the fact that he is eternal. Not only will God exist forever he has existed From ever. (pardon the bad English) The Bible starts by saying "In the beginning God"He always has been and always will be. that is the Bible teaching about God.

Although we may receive everlasting life when we become Christians the fact is that we had a beginning, God didn't. We may as children of God "Live for ever" but we haven't lived "from ever" (once again pardon the bad english).

Sorry but we ain't, and never will be in the same ball park as The God of the Bible.

That is the God I worship. Not someone who is the greatest failure in the universe as copeland teaches. Not some bumbling God who had to call a panel of god's to see who could present the best plan for the salvation of planet earth as the Mormons teach.

But a God who is unique and loves us that much that He came to do something about our plight as sinners, separated from him for ever.

Bless His name.

Guest rekrul

If Jesus is eternal, how is it he gave his life as ransom for mankind? One being dead for three days does not prove immortality. If part of God died for three days, certainly co-eternal would not apply to Jesus and God.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/07/1949

If Jesus is eternal, how is it he gave his life as ransom for mankind? One being dead for three days does not prove immortality. If part of God died for three days, certainly co-eternal would not apply to Jesus and God.

Your problem is rekrul (no offence meant) you are not taking into account the dual nature of christ also known as the "Hypostatic union" "The word was made FLESH and dwelt amongst us" John 1:4. Jesus was 100% God but also 100% man that is the doctrine of the Hypostatic union.

When he died he didn't cease to exist. "Today shalt thou be with me in paradise" Luke 23:43.

So you see problem solved :thumbsup:

Guest rekrul

Interesting scripture choice with Luke 23:43. How would you explain this? If Jesus meant that very day he would be in paradise, what was Paul talking about in Acts 2:27 where he says of the Christ, "Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell." Paradise and hell aren't the same. So, in all truthfulness, to say that Jesus was in paradise would be an over statement.

As for the Hypostatic Union, which is not ever mentioned in the Bible, much like the term 'trinity', Hebrews 1:3 seems to be a 'proof' scripture of that theory. The Council of Nicaea introduced this thought into Christianity, not the Apostles or first century Christians. One source says that this Hypostatic Union is held to defy finite human comprehension. John 4:24 says "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." The Bible makes the way for worshiping in truth because it holds all the answers, and these answers can be found. Man made these theories we can't understand, like evolution and the trinity, but God Yahweh is comprehendible. Deuteronomy 6:4 says one, not three seperate, not three together in a god-head.

Joh 20:17 - "Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God."

Jesus sits at the right hand of God, not on his throne.