• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/13/1985

What do you mean different religions? Only Christianity recognizes God and Jesus as Jehovah. Are you meaning other denominations? I wouldn't expect any other religion to know.

Sorry, I should have specified. Biblicist gave us definitions of denominations and religions. So I guess you could say they were different Christian denominations that were confused on the subject of Jesus being Jehovah.

Now, what I would like to know is who classified Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses as "non-Christian?" Anyone who makes that assumption is misinformed. But, as a Mormon, I enjoy being in my own "category."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

An interesting topic. I would like to hear from you all.

What do YOU think? Is Christ the Eternal Jehovah, God of the Old Testament?

YES!

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  19

Yes, Jesus is God!

Deuteronomy 6:4

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!

Isaiah 44:24

Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer,

And He who formed you from the womb:

"I am the LORD, who makes all things,

Who stretches out the heavens all alone,

Who spreads abroad the earth by Myself;

NKJV

Isaiah 9:6

For unto us a Child is born,

Unto us a Son is given;

And the government will be upon His shoulder.

And His name will be called

Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,

Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

NKJV

John 8:24

Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."

Colossians 2:8-9

8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ. 9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;

NKJV

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

What do you mean different religions? Only Christianity recognizes God and Jesus as Jehovah. Are you meaning other denominations? I wouldn't expect any other religion to know.

Sorry, I should have specified. Biblicist gave us definitions of denominations and religions. So I guess you could say they were different Christian denominations that were confused on the subject of Jesus being Jehovah.

Now, what I would like to know is who classified Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses as "non-Christian?" Anyone who makes that assumption is misinformed. But, as a Mormon, I enjoy being in my own "category."

By your name I figured you were LDS.

Ps 82:6 means that we are all judges as God is judge, commissioned by the Most High God. That is why He used the word, "gods" there.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Lucifer was a god before the world was. The Bible tells us this.

A "god" in the sense as he was a heavenly being, an archangel of high rank. So, what does this have to do with your name? Surely you do not identify with Lucifer? Why so obscure?

Good observation. It has nothing to do with Lucifer, nor to I wish to offiliate myself with him. He certainly was a person of high rank before the world was, and it is a pity that he desired more than what God had promised to give him.

Now, to all, the reason I proposed this question is not because I am in doubt on the subject. I lived in Brazil for some time, and I saw many different religions and I often asked about their beliefs and practices. I guess you could say that I interviewed a number of leaders and members. It seemed that nobody knew whether the Father is Jehovah, or if it is Christ. People from the same congregations often contradicted one another. I wanted to see if it was the same in the States, but I find that people here are much more well informed on the topic.

Thanks for the replies.

No Lucifer was not a god. He was one of God's most perfect angels. Lucifer said. " I will be like the most high God and that is what got his tail kicked out of heaven. He was never a god.

Lucifer was a god before the world was. The Bible tells us this.

A "god" in the sense as he was a heavenly being, an archangel of high rank. So, what does this have to do with your name? Surely you do not identify with Lucifer? Why so obscure?

Good observation. It has nothing to do with Lucifer, nor to I wish to offiliate myself with him. He certainly was a person of high rank before the world was, and it is a pity that he desired more than what God had promised to give him.

Now, to all, the reason I proposed this question is not because I am in doubt on the subject. I lived in Brazil for some time, and I saw many different religions and I often asked about their beliefs and practices. I guess you could say that I interviewed a number of leaders and members. It seemed that nobody knew whether the Father is Jehovah, or if it is Christ. People from the same congregations often contradicted one another. I wanted to see if it was the same in the States, but I find that people here are much more well informed on the topic.

Thanks for the replies.

No Lucifer was not a god. He was one of God's most perfect angels. Lucifer said. " I will be like the most high God and that is what got his tail kicked out of heaven. He was never a god.

Actually Lucifer was a god. He was not God, but he was a god. Adam was a god. We were created to be a god.

ummm...no..we were not created to be a god. Where is your scripture to back this? There is only one God and He created us to worship the one true God, Himself!

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Content Count:  15
  • Birthday:  09/13/1985

ummm...no..we were not created to be a god. Where is your scripture to back this? There is only one God and He created us to worship the one true God, Himself!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Hello god in training,

There is only One God and there is no other like Him.

What you are describing here appears to be Mormon Theology and it is incorrect.

We are joint heirs with Christ in His economy. Not His equality.

Peace,

Dave

Well, you are half correct. In 1 Corinthians 8:5-6, we read:

"For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him."

Also, in Romans 8:17 we find:

"And if children [of God] then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that w may be also glorifed together"

The key word there is "joint-heirs." That means equal. Equal to Christ's (aka God's) glory. We shall recieve all that God has. Christ recieves all that God has, and if we are not joint heirs with Christ, then we wouldn't recieve that all either. But, being joint-heirs with Christ, guess what, gives us all that God hath. And if that all did not include power, glory and dominion, than it sure wouldn't be all in the complete sense of the word.

"And I said: thou art gods, ye are children of the almighty" Psalms 82:6

Hope this helps.

Guest Biblicist

From Blue Letter Bible [strongs]

Psalm 82

1 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; He judgeth among the gods.

2 How long will ye judge unjustly and accept persons of the wicked? Selah

3 Defend the poor and fatherless; do justice to the afflicted and needy.

4 Deliver the poor and needy; rescue them out of the hand of the wicked.

5 They know not, neither will they understand. They walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

6 I have said, "Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the Most High."

7 But ye shall die like men and fall like one of the princes.

8 Arise, O God, judge the earth, for Thou shalt inherit all nations.

gods - 'elohiym

1) (plural)

a) rulers, judges

b) divine ones

c) angels

d) gods

2) (plural intensive - singular meaning)

a) god, goddess

b) godlike one

c) works or special possessions of God

d) the (true) God

e) God

Could someone please explain this passage? 1 Corinthians 8:5-6 are taken out of context.