IGNORED

Your stance on Rapture, Tribulation, and the Millennium?

Christos-phero

What is your position on Rapture, Tribulation, and the Millennium?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What position do you align yourself with ?

• The Pretribulational Rapture
    • The Midtribulational Rapture
    • The Posttribulational Rapture
    • The Partial "Secret" Rapture
    • The Prewrath Rapture
  2. 2. In regards to the Millennium where do you stand?

• Pre-millennialism
    • Post-millennialism
    • A-millennialism

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  1

The most important aspect of the poll is one's view regarding the mellinium. The way one answers that has bearings on hermeneutics as well as eschatology

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60

The most important aspect of the poll is one's view regarding the mellinium. The way one answers that has bearings on hermeneutics as well as eschatology

True. If you answered A-millennialism, then your answer on the rapture question is a given. Looks like I was only one of three that answered A-millennialism.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.58

True. If you answered A-millennialism, then your answer on the rapture question is a given. Looks like I was only one of three that answered A-millennialism.

Not only that, but a post mellinial or a millenial view forces you to take a figurative approach to large sections of text. Iti requires a different view of the biblical literature

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60

Not only that, but a post mellinial or a millenial view forces you to take a figurative approach to large sections of text. Iti requires a different view of the biblical literature

Well I don't know about post-millennialism. However, with a-millennialism, you take much of Revelations as being figurative, but certainly not the majority of the New Testament. Moreover, a-millennialism, is the majority view in all of Christianity, where it is my understanding that pre-millennialism is the majority view among Baptists and Evangelical Charismatics.

This is not an issue that I really get into, so please correct me if I am wrong.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/27/1964

For a long time, I could have cared less about the exact time of Christ's return and in the order of events. But, after the Lord showed me this verse (or rather convicted about this verse), my whole attitude changed:

Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand. (Rev.1:3)

The only book of the Bible with a blessing attached to both the reading and understand of is the book of REVELATION. And please, it is called REVELATION, not Revelations (plural). It is ONE revelation, the revelation of Jesus Christ given to John.

I am pre trib and pre wrath based on almost 20 years of study. Admittedly, eschatology is a secondary doctrine, not a primary one, so men of good faith my disagree on the order of events. One thing is undeniable: Christ will return in glory. I believe He will do this pre wrath simply for two reasons: the purpose of the Tribulation has nothing to do with the Church and the Church is not mentioned anywhere in connection these seven years in the book of Revelation, and second, the pre wrath rapture is the "blessed hope" of all believers.

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ, (Titus 2:13)

Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man. (Luke 21:36) (The "these things" refer to the events of the Tribulation.)

I have found, however, that one's personal eschatology will color their evangelism. If you truly believed in the imminent and sudden return of Christ in the air for His Church, your evangelism tends to be little more urgent and successful.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I believe in pre, post, and mid trib rapture, Well how can I believe in all three? Kingdom theology, God doesn't exist on time, he is the past the present and the future all at the same time.

I have looked into evidence in scriptures for Pre, post, and mid, and the more I look into it, the more I realize Jesus wasn't kidding when he said, no one knows the day or the hour.

I have found scriptures that support all three, and I honestly don't know, I just know that he is comming, and my view on it, he'll come when it's time. Pre/mid/post, I used to be pre, leaning towards mid, but looking at each view, and the conclusions of each, I'm not sure, it's not my place to know.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

but looking at each view, and the conclusions of each, I'm not sure, it's not my place to know.

:huh:

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I am sorry Preterist but you are wrong.... the End Times spoken of in the bible have not already occurred but are rapidly approaching. And when I say approaching, I am talking in the next year or two, not hundreds or thousands of years away. From the signs that are occuring today, I would say the final seven years are on course to begin in 2007 or perhaps 2008.

Also, for those of you who hold out for the notion of pre-tribulation rapture, I am afraid you need to read scripture again. The children of God will not be raptured until the end of the final seven years. So get ready for a rocky ride. And prepare! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

Well, it appears that this is a rather old topic, but I'll reply any how.

I'm a Pre-Trib; Pre-Mill. Based on the Word Harpozo that is the Greek word for snatched up taken by force, in 1Thess 4:13-17, the english words are Caught up in verse 17. And that's why I believe in the Rapture to start with; also most people who say the word Rapture isn't in the Bible, have failed to look at the same verse in the latin vulgate, the word there is rapiemur Here is the verse in the Latin vulgate: I've outlined this word in Red.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 : Latin Vulgate

13 nolumus autem vos ignorare fratres de dormientibus ut non contristemini sicut et ceteri qui spem non habent 14 si enim credimus quod Iesus mortuus est et resurrexit ita et Deus eos qui dormierunt per Iesum adducet cum eo 15 hoc enim vobis dicimus in verbo Domini quia nos qui vivimus qui residui sumus in adventum Domini non praeveniemus eos qui dormierunt 16 quoniam ipse Dominus in iussu et in voce archangeli et in tuba Dei descendet de caelo et mortui qui in Christo sunt resurgent primi 17 deinde nos qui vivimus qui relinquimur simul rapiemur cum illis in nubibus obviam Domino in aera et sic semper cum Domino erimus 18 itaque consolamini invicem in verbis istis. This word Rapiemur is where we get our word Rapture. Here is the definition for the latin word Rapiemur: Perseus Word Study Tool: seize and carry off, snatch, tear, pluck, drag, hurry away.

Also in Daniel 9:24: it talks about 70 weeks deceed for Daniels people, and the last week, there would arise a prince (anti-Christ) from the people who destoy the temple in 70 A.D. Daniel 9:24 says :

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city,(Jerusalem) to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. 25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. 26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. 27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: (Hebrew word Shabuwa: meaning 7 years) and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. The words in blue I've outlined shows that the angel is refering to Daniels people, that's Israel, not the church. The words in Red I've outlined show that the people that destroy the temple in 70 A.D, are the same ones, that later on a prince (anti-Christ) will arise from that group, and that of course was Rome. During the last week of the 70 weeks the church is no where to be found.

So if you skip over to the Book of Revelation you will see that during The last week, in Revelation after chapter 4 the church isn't mentioned again until chapter 19:7-9 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. 8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. 9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God. In 2 Thess 2:1-12 it says : Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, F4 2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? 6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. 8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Who is Paul taking to here, well I've outlined in blue; he is talking to the brethern thats the church in verse 1. Who will be gaithered together unto Christ, it is the Church.

verse 2 talks about the fact that there will be a great falling away of the church. The man of sin will set in the temple, thats in Israel, he will pretend to be God. verse 7 The Holy Spirit is the only thing on earth that is keeping the anti-Christ in line, He is the only one who is powerful enough to hold back the anti-Christ. And since the Holy Spirit will be taken out of the way, so that the man of perdition can be revealed, and the Holy Spirit is sealed in us. that means that we will be changed. Harpozed

There are alot of other scriptures I could mention here, and also it's interesting to note that if you study the Jewish wedding; the rapture is an exact representation of the Jewish wedding. Christ did this alot during His ministry, using examples of things in His everyday surroundings, so that people could relate.

See also Matthew 25: the ten virgins.

Isaiah 26:20-21: Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast. For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

I don't want to make this too long, but these are some of the reasons I believe in Pre-trib rapture. of course I didn't cover some issues, like the martyers in the book of Revelation but these could be anyone from the Christians left behind during the trib, to some of the 144,000 jews.

:)

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I don't want to make this too long,

???

:laugh: ???