• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

carrielles~

There is nothing in the New Testament which says what you are thinking. I imagine you are misinterpreting, perhaps due to your memory of what you may have read.

There is the scripture that talks of Jesus gathering together the nations:

Matthew 25:32

All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.

There is no separate purpose for the "goats"...they are those who are outside of the kingdom and will be judged.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/12/1945

Hello,

My question is that I remember reading, I think in my NIV, that during the time of the rapture the Lord will leave behind any who are not of His flock and those whom He chooses to leave behind for a special purpose. Now I can't remember where I read this or if this is true so if any bible scholars out there know of saved people who will left behind please can you give me some scripture??? Thank you.

Matthew chapters 24 and 25 are speaking of the the end times. In Mat 25:1-13 we find the parable of the ten virgins. Many Christians understand this passage to mean that all the "virgins" are Christian believers, but only those who have "oil" (the Holy Spirit) will be taken when the "Bridegroom" (Jesus) comes.

The Revelation tells us that there will be some on the earth during the Tribulation who have the "the testimony of Jesus Christ" (Rev 12:7-17). For those like myself, who believe in the pre-tribulation rapture, this indicates two groups of Christians.

Some say the parable of the "ten virgins" is nothing more than a warning always to be prepared. They will also say that the "fig tree" is nothing more than a fig tree (Mat 24:32-34).

Each man and woman must study and pray, and wait on the Lord, to see what He will show him/her.

Edited by kenod

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  83
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/11/1986

Hello,

My question is that I remember reading, I think in my NIV, that during the time of the rapture the Lord will leave behind any who are not of His flock and those whom He chooses to leave behind for a special purpose. Now I can't remember where I read this or if this is true so if any bible scholars out there know of saved people who will left behind please can you give me some scripture??? Thank you.

hi :thumbsup:

I am not sure where I'd find a reference like that..... it was prolly read out of context. Jesus says that he goes and prepares a place for us and if he goes to prepare a place for us than he will come back and receive us unto himself. He will come back for all that are his and not only that ;) but you will come to a place that he created especially for you... god knows us better than we know ourselves and it's awesome to think that someone like that is preparing a perfect place for all of my hearts desires to flourish :) don't worry :) if you've accepted God's gift you are going :) no questions asked.... God is no lyier :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Hello,

There is a verse that hints at it. It is talking about some of the top fruit being left . I dont recall which one however. Plus it doesnt say in what form their body is but i wold think it would be tranformed.

• 5 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

Hello,

Not only is the scripture almost completely silent on the issue of a rapture, it does not even come close to saying this. You might be thinking of the Jewish witnesses that accept Christ after the supposed rapture...but other than that, scripture is silent.

"supposed rapture" so you do not believe in rapture at all? Any script on that I can see?

The Rapture is one of the most debated end-times concepts out there. There are different views about when it will happen, as well as differeing views on whether or not it will happen at all.

My position is this: be ready for it. If you're ready, then it doesn't matter whether you're wrong or right about it in the end.

That is my philosophy..however, it does intrigue me...I believe in the rapture before the tribulation...but either way..I believe in it so I have nothing to worry about...

Hello,

hi :emot-partyblower:

I am not sure where I'd find a reference like that..... it was prolly read out of context. Jesus says that he goes and prepares a place for us and if he goes to prepare a place for us than he will come back and receive us unto himself. He will come back for all that are his and not only that :emot-highfive: but you will come to a place that he created especially for you... god knows us better than we know ourselves and it's awesome to think that someone like that is preparing a perfect place for all of my hearts desires to flourish :emot-highfive: don't worry :emot-cheering: if you've accepted God's gift you are going :emot-pinochio: no questions asked.... God is no lyier :emot-dance:

amen

Hello,

Matthew chapters 24 and 25 are speaking of the the end times. In Mat 25:1-13 we find the parable of the ten virgins. Many Christians understand this passage to mean that all the "virgins" are Christian believers, but only those who have "oil" (the Holy Spirit) will be taken when the "Bridegroom" (Jesus) comes.

The Revelation tells us that there will be some on the earth during the Tribulation who have the "the testimony of Jesus Christ" (Rev 12:7-17). For those like myself, who believe in the pre-tribulation rapture, this indicates two groups of Christians.

Some say the parable of the "ten virgins" is nothing more than a warning always to be prepared. They will also say that the "fig tree" is nothing more than a fig tree (Mat 24:32-34).

Each man and woman must study and pray, and wait on the Lord, to see what He will show him/her.

I personally believe that the Christians left here afterwards will be those who get saved after the rapture...

• Group:  Royal Member

Hello,

I personally believe that the Christians left here afterwards will be those who get saved after the rapture...

All believers will be snatched away--as the Church Bride taken to meet with the Bridegroom. No one is left behind that are part of the Body. The 144,000 are Jews who remain, but are raised up to become great witnesses with power to cause people to turn to Christ during that Tribulation period, where there will be such terrible times and no conviction of the Holy Spirit of sin apart from their ministry, as the Holy Spirit will be removed as well.

So in accordance with your statement, the only Christians here after the rapture will be those converted to Christ after the rapture due to the ministry of the 144,000.

Hello,

All believers will be snatched away--as the Church Bride taken to meet with the Bridegroom. No one is left behind that are part of the Body. The 144,000 are Jews who remain, but are raised up to become great witnesses with power to cause people to turn to Christ during that Tribulation period, where there will be such terrible times and no conviction of the Holy Spirit of sin apart from their ministry, as the Holy Spirit will be removed as well.

So in accordance with your statement, the only Christians here after the rapture will be those converted to Christ after the rapture due to the ministry of the 144,000.

amen :emot-partyblower:

I just changed my mind on this topic...I used to think that only those who were watching for Him would be raptured...I am so glad I found the truth....

• Group:  Royal Member

Hello,

My question is that I remember reading, I think in my NIV, that during the time of the rapture the Lord will leave behind any who are not of His flock and ] those whom He chooses to leave behind for a special purpose. Now I can't remember where I read this or if this is true so if any bible scholars out there know of saved people who will left behind please can you give me some scripture??? Thank you.

FA

There is a problem with your pre-trib rapture theory.

You have not provided scripture to back it up.

Your theory contradicts itself. First you say that allbelievers will be snatched away. Then you say the 144,000 Jews, (who by the way are believers in Yeshua, will remain, (which by the way, have the Holy Spirit.) Then you say no one is left behind that are a part of the Body. Do you realize these 144,000 Jews are a part of the Body of Christ who have His Holy Spirit???

Then you say no conviction of sin of the Holy Spirit of sin apart from their ministry, as the Holy Spirit will be removed as well. I can provide scripture the verifies the Holy Spirit is never removed from this earth during the tribulation period.

How are they convicting of sin??? By human force??? :emot-partyblower: You do realize that it is the Holy Spirit's job to convict of sin, I hope???

Your comments are totally contradictory, and and full of holes, and unless you can provide scriptural basis for these pre-trib rapture statements, because that is what they are, they are completely made up to fit into a pre-trib rapture scenerio.

One last comment... if the Holy Spirit is removed from the earth, how are all these new converts going to obtain the Holy Spirit during the great tribulation period???

I would be interested to see how you fit all of your comments into scripture.

I very well can come up with the scripture, and I will at a later date...but the Holy Spirit will be only working through the 144,000 anointed, as the Church will not be here...His House!

My comments are not full of holes, and not contradictory, and not made up. They come from years of learning at the feet of those who are more knowledgeable and wise, who teach.