• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

freedfromsin's message is quite true. However it seems one sided.

Sin should never be taken lightly--as we in the West so often do today. But WRITING TO CHRISTIANS, the Scripture says: "But if any man does sin, we have an advocate with the Father; Jesus Christ the Righteous One."

But in such a wicked and spiritually lackadaisical age as ours, freedfromsin's message is quite an important one to hear.

Its not the age of laodecian. It is Thyatira. Were in a stage in time where the false prophets, the false religions are infiltrating the christian church creating the Cult of Christianity. I think it opened up in the last 10 - 15 years. TV is full of false prophets and teachers and so is Mainstream Christianity. The United states was chosen to harbor Christianity for a season and protect it from Satan as he rampaged through the "Church" in 1500's when they went after Luther. This new nation in the 1600's was the harbor for the christians in the midst of the storm of heresies and murderous intent of the RCC. This all happened in the 3rd seal. Now the heresies have made their way here and were charged in the 4 seal to hang on, keep the faith because folks its going to get worse!

Rev 2:20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

Rev 2:21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

Last of all the age of the laodecians is the 7th seal. Once that seal is opened, that will usher in the tribulation full force.

THere will be a silence in heaven for a period of time, then the trumpets are passed out and It starts with hail fire and blood.

It is quite inspirational to hear from someone who has such perfect understanding........

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.09
  • Days Won:  2

Sin should never be taken lightly--as we in the West so often do today. But WRITING TO CHRISTIANS, the Scripture says: "But if any man does sin, we have an advocate with the Father; Jesus Christ the Righteous One."

But in such a wicked and spiritually lackadaisical age as ours, freedfromsin's message is quite an important one to hear.

Its not the age of laodecian. It is Thyatira. Were in a stage in time where the false prophets, the false religions are infiltrating the christian church creating the Cult of Christianity. I think it opened up in the last 10 - 15 years. TV is full of false prophets and teachers and so is Mainstream Christianity. The United states was chosen to harbor Christianity for a season and protect it from Satan as he rampaged through the "Church" in 1500's when they went after Luther. This new nation in the 1600's was the harbor for the christians in the midst of the storm of heresies and murderous intent of the RCC. This all happened in the 3rd seal. Now the heresies have made their way here and were charged in the 4 seal to hang on, keep the faith because folks its going to get worse!

Rev 2:20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

Rev 2:21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

Last of all the age of the laodecians is the 7th seal. Once that seal is opened, that will usher in the tribulation full force.

THere will be a silence in heaven for a period of time, then the trumpets are passed out and It starts with hail fire and blood.

I think we are in the age of Grace, actually, which started at the Cross.. Those seven churches are history, but their characteristics can be found in the Church of any age.

You have an interesting take on eschatology, Eliyahuw.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

I think we are in the age of Grace, actually, which started at the Cross.. Those seven churches are history, but their characteristics can be found in the Church of any age.

You have an interesting take on eschatology, Eliyahuw.

Some people misunderstand the 7 seals. They are not the tribulation period. The trumpets usher in the tribulation, and 7 bowls are poured on the earth then seven vials. The bows represent the first 3 1/2 years and the vials represent the last 3 1/2 years.

The seals represent the periods of time up until the tribulation and each seal represents a church age, and how the Word of God was handled.

If you take the 1st, 2nd, 3rd seals and compare them to world and church history, you can see the points in time when the next seal was opened.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

Would you agree there is a world of difference between living in sin and the sins we commit every day, sometimes without even knowing it, because of our fallen condition? I think a lot of believers don't understand there is difference.

hello Marnie,

a real Christian knows when they sin, period. Scripture says;

Jam 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth [it] not, to him it is sin.

we are not going to be held accountable for things we do not know about. That is why scripture says;

Rom 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law

Once we are saved we are no longer in a falllen condition.

2Cr 5:17 Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

As for sinning every day. If a person is a believer (saved) and sins every day they have a real spiritual problem. There is no reason for a believer to sin daily. Yes we may sin from time to time, but it should not be a daily thing.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Many new believers find it difficult to "walk the talk", and sometimes the examples that they get from other believers that have been in the faith for a longer time is lacking, but what is really missing is the understanding that can only come from studying to show yourself approved.

When you first get saved, you do not suddenly know all the scriptures, nor do you suddenly have complete victory over all things, for some of the things that are sin you will have to learn are sin before you can overcome them.

While apostles and prophets seam to be sprouting from everyplace, we might ask, where are the teachers?

2Ti

Once we are saved we are no longer in a falllen condition.

this is not really accurate. Isaiah, who was a prophet of God, said that "all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags." This is a man of God speaking about himself and the other people of God! The "Good" you and I do every day is in fact evil, in and of itself.

2Cr 5:17 Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

As for sinning every day. If a person is a believer (saved) and sins every day they have a real spiritual problem. There is no reason for a believer to sin daily. Yes we may sin from time to time, but it should not be a daily thing.

I disagree with the direction you are going with this.

Oh yes, Ideally there "should not be" sin in any person's life, I think that is obvious, but ideally Adam and Eve would never have eaten from that tree....and lucifer would ideally have never rebelled against God... But even IF person sins ten times a day, or a hundred, does that mean they have any more of a "spiritual problem" than the next person? Is the degree of a person's "spiritual problem" defined by the number and type of sins they have or have no committed? Biblically the answer is "NO."

The most righteous human being who ever lived, whoever in the world that may be, without Jesus, is still just another sinner. That's all. Doesn't matter if they were a "good" person and never so much as cursed or told a lie, if they aren't washed in the blood of Jesus they'll still go to hell right along side the most evil person who ever lived, because the issue is not one of surface problems, but is one of spiritual legal matters.

Biblically, it does not matter whether a person is good, bad, or ugly, the only thing that can ransom their soul is faith in Jesus Christ's atoning blood. That's it. Faith without works is dead, but works without faith is vain.

Hello WhySoBlind,

you may disagree but you disagree with scripture (God). A person who in the practice of sin is lost, not saved so our daily lives of sin and righteousness does matter. John 3:9 is a good passage to look at. True believers will sin on occasion, but it is not a practice. This is why Jesus warned. many will say Lord! Lord! only to hear "I never knew you"> If there is the practice of sin in a person who claims salvation they had better reconsider and really get right.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  83
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/11/1986

I think I agree that the backslider doctrine is incredibly inaccurate

"for this is love, not that we loved God, but that God loved us"

"for it's by grace you are saved, through faith. And this is not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no man can boast"

"for I am convinced that neither life nor death, nor angels nor demons, nor the present or the future, nor anything in all creation can separate us from the love of God, who is in Christ Jesus our Lord"

the only way we can "fall away" is if we out right say to God "get out of my life"

I believe that we are now nearly full blown in what one could call the Laodicean age. Sadly the church today no longer understands what repentance is from a biblical standpoint. We have come up with man made doctrines that negates the word of God.

One that comes to mind is the doctrine of backsliding. It sounds so good and so many have adopted it but it is so deadly and deceitful. In the New testament no one is ever called a backslider. That term was used exclusively for Israel as a nation and every time it is used in the Old Testament it is being directed at the nation, and saying that they are lost. It never means that they are saved and not living the life, but only that they are a people (nation) who has turned from how past generations have followed the Lord and now they do not follow, thus they are backslidden and lost. The church today is like this! Yes many claim to know Him but their hearts are far from Him.

Luk 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity

In 1 John we are told the following;

1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

The Greek here in this passage is saying that once a person is saved they never again return to the practice of sin. The daily life of the true Christian is one of obedience and surrender towards their Lord. Yes we might sin in any given moment during any day, but it will not be the practice of a true believer to sin.

The scripture goes on and says;

1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Notice that it is impossible for a true believer to return to sin, (backslide as many call it). The seed of God remains and keeps us from returning to sin as a lifestyle. One good way to judge if we are a true Christian is to heed the words of the Master.

Jhn 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Jhn 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Jhn 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

The truth is that if we are not of those who are commandment keepers we do not love the Lord and we are not saved. This is not about sinless perfection, but about a heart that is surrendered to the Lord in such a way that we want and seek every aspect of His will on a moment by moment bases. We are saved by grace through faith, but we are changed unto good works.

Let us be warned and not deceived;

1Cr 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1Cr 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Often times in speaking to someone about this I tell them that a true believer will shock those around them if the believer sins because it is out of character for a Christian to sin. More then this, for a true believer to sin it will shock even themselves. Our sin will bring not only conviction, but a mindset of "how could I say that or how could do that. We will be shocked by our own sin regardless of the severity, IF we are saved, and be led to swiftly confess it and forsake it.

Repentance is just about a lost doctrine today in our churches, and sadly if it is mentioned it is not explained clearly. True biblical repentance is the spirit of total surrender to God in Christ. In other words we turn to God with all our hearts. Scripture says this;

Jer 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find [me], when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Repentance is not 50% or 75% or 99%. It is not true biblical repentance until we surrender all. We even sing a song about this, "I surrender all". At the point of true repentance we then take that heart, that spirit, and place it on the Son, Jesus Christ, and faith is born, and we are saved. From that point on we are kept in that state and never turn from it as scripture says, for if we turn we were never saved.

1Jo 2:18

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Freed's first post is accurate and a needed message. I disagree with the statements later on about how true Christians wouldn't really be sinning everyday. I totally disagree with that.

Yes a true Christian would not have a lifestyle of sin...as in being a thief, an adulterer, a liar, a sluggard as a continually practiced day-to- day thing. But true Christians are going to sin everyday.

Perhaps by saying something out of anger, not doing something they should 'therefore to him that knoweth to do good but doeth it not, to him it is sin ' , or any number of things.

The point though, is that a true Christian would be in a continual process of sanctification wherein they are gaining victory through Christ over sin and also learning to hate sin.

If you disagree with me, read Romans 7. Even Paul shows clearly how much he struggled with sin. And when you read the passage you certainly don't gather that it was sin he only struggled with occasionally.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ewJim

Ezekiel 18

The Soul Who Sins Shall Die

1The word of the LORD came to me: 2"What do you[a] mean by repeating this proverb concerning the land of Israel, 'The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge'? 3As I live, declares the Lord GOD, this proverb shall no more be used by you in Israel. 4Behold, all souls are mine; the soul of the father as well as the soul of the son is mine: the soul who sins shall die.

5"If a man is righteous and does what is just and right-- 6if he does not eat upon the mountains or lift up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, does not defile his neighbor's wife or approach a woman in her time of menstrual impurity, 7does not oppress anyone, but restores to the debtor his pledge, commits no robbery, gives his bread to the hungry and covers the naked with a garment, 8does not lend at interest or take any profit, withholds his hand from injustice, executes true justice between man and man, 9walks in my statutes, and keeps my rules by acting faithfully--he is righteous; he shall surely live, declares the Lord GOD.

10"If he fathers a son who is violent, a shedder of blood, who does any of these things 11(though he himself did none of these things), who even eats upon the mountains, defiles his neighbor's wife, 12oppresses the poor and needy, commits robbery, does not restore the pledge, lifts up his eyes to the idols, commits abomination, 13lends at interest, and takes profit; shall he then live? He shall not live. He has done all these abominations; he shall surely die; his blood shall be upon himself.

14"Now suppose this man fathers a son who sees all the sins that his father has done; he sees, and does not do likewise: 15he does not eat upon the mountains or lift up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, does not defile his neighbor's wife, 16does not oppress anyone, exacts no pledge, commits no robbery, but gives his bread to the hungry and covers the naked with a garment, 17withholds his hand from iniquity, takes no interest or profit, obeys my rules, and walks in my statutes; he shall not die for his father's iniquity; he shall surely live. 18As for his father, because he practiced extortion, robbed his brother, and did what is not good among his people, behold, he shall die for his iniquity.

19"Yet you say, 'Why should not the son suffer for the iniquity of the father?' When the son has done what is just and right, and has been careful to observe all my statutes, he shall surely live. 20The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

21"But if a wicked person turns away from all his sins that he has committed and keeps all my statutes and does what is just and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 22None of the transgressions that he has committed shall be remembered against him; for the righteousness that he has done he shall live. 23Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked, declares the Lord GOD, and not rather that he should turn from his way and live? 24But when a righteous person turns away from his righteousness and does injustice and does the same abominations that the wicked person does, shall he live? None of the righteous deeds that he has done shall be remembered; for the treachery of which he is guilty and the sin he has committed, for them he shall die.

25"Yet you say, 'The way of the Lord is not just.' Hear now, O house of Israel: Is my way not just? Is it not your ways that are not just? 26When a righteous person turns away from his righteousness and does injustice, he shall die for it; for the injustice that he has done he shall die. 27Again, when a wicked person turns away from the wickedness he has committed and does what is just and right, he shall save his life. 28Because he considered and turned away from all the transgressions that he had committed, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 29Yet the house of Israel says, 'The way of the Lord is not just.' O house of Israel, are my ways not just? Is it not your ways that are not just?

30"Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, declares the Lord GOD. Repent and turn from all your transgressions, lest iniquity be your ruin.[c] 31Cast away from you all the transgressions that you have committed, and make yourselves a new heart and a new spirit! Why will you die, O house of Israel? 32For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Lord GOD; so turn, and live."