• Topic Count:  160
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

Well said sierra.

Yah,

Thats kind of where I was going with the question as well.

How did we get from adam and eves marriage to the traditional jewish wedding to the weddings we americans now have?

Well i would be willing to bet that God did have a hand in it...

But if you think about it- Adam and Eve were the only people around. There was no one around to witness the marriage even if they did do some kind of formal ceremony thing. As they began to procreate I imagine God must have given them some direction in terms of marriage.

It's kind of weird if you think about it though, because siblings were obviously procreating together. i wonder if they were falling in love and all that funstuff? I also wonder whether or not they were monogamous back then. Somehow I think God may have directed them to have as many children as possible, and I doubt he would have laid out rules because his goal would have been to create population, not place restrictions on relationships but again this is just my own thought process...no biblical backing whatsoever! :24:

yeah..i also think that he had to stop the inner family marriages (marriages to brothers, sisters, cousins, etc) because as time went on, it had something to do with the DNA that would cause birth defects in their offspring and that is why they stopped marrying inside families once the population got bigger

yes, but if you think about it the whole thing is kind of gross. I'm glad he did put a stop to it...but then incest was still a problem later in the old testament. hmm...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

Well said sierra.

Yah,

Thats kind of where I was going with the question as well.

How did we get from adam and eves marriage to the traditional jewish wedding to the weddings we americans now have?

Well i would be willing to bet that God did have a hand in it...

But if you think about it- Adam and Eve were the only people around. There was no one around to witness the marriage even if they did do some kind of formal ceremony thing. As they began to procreate I imagine God must have given them some direction in terms of marriage.

It's kind of weird if you think about it though, because siblings were obviously procreating together. i wonder if they were falling in love and all that funstuff? I also wonder whether or not they were monogamous back then. Somehow I think God may have directed them to have as many children as possible, and I doubt he would have laid out rules because his goal would have been to create population, not place restrictions on relationships but again this is just my own thought process...no biblical backing whatsoever! :24:

yeah..i also think that he had to stop the inner family marriages (marriages to brothers, sisters, cousins, etc) because as time went on, it had something to do with the DNA that would cause birth defects in their offspring and that is why they stopped marrying inside families once the population got bigger

yes, but if you think about it the whole thing is kind of gross. I'm glad he did put a stop to it...but then incest was still a problem later in the old testament. hmm...

definately gross...lol..i could never marry a relative...but where i went to school..i knew a couple who fell in love and didn't even know they were cousins....they still stayed together....

Oh thats so sick!

I think i saw a Jerry Springer episode where that happened! lol- CREEPY!

Don't they still marry cousins down in southern USA?

Oh thats so sick!

I think i saw a Jerry Springer episode where that happened! lol- CREEPY!

Don't they still marry cousins down in southern USA?

yeap..i lived in tennessee...that is where i am from...i now am in TN

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

The thing is that back with adam and eve, they were physically perfect because God made them that way.

But adam and eve made their children and passed down the sin gene. Their children passed down a bigger sin gene and so on and so on.

So back then, there were not the ramifications and birthdefects that there are now.

So inbreeding was okay then.

People talk about how we are evolving but I see it that we are de-evolving.

We went from perfection with adam and have been going down hill ever since.

The thing is that back with adam and eve, they were physically perfect because God made them that way.

But adam and eve made their children and passed down the sin gene. Their children passed down a bigger sin gene and so on and so on.

So back then, there were not the ramifications and birthdefects that there are now.

Good point.

but I still think the whole inbreeding things is gross. I just can't wrap my head around it...but then, it may have something to do wtih those darn cultural norms again! :24:

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  537
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,655
  • Content Per Day:  5.01
  • Days Won:  218
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

:24::24::24: oh I do love the way things evolve here at worthy ...we have gone from marriage to adam and eve to in breeding :24::24::24::b:

If the trend towards using sperm doners and egg doners along with all the single parents who are not sure which of their many partners fathered their children continues there will be a lot more inbreeding whether we know it or not :)

i agree ...LOL...Adam and Eve were created in perfection...since then, it keeps getting worse...back then they lived several hundred years...now we live maybe a little over one hundred...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  83
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/11/1986

Was Adam and Eve married?

They didnt apply for a marriage license or see a judge or have a preacher perform a ceremony.

They didnt exchange rings or have a wedding.

They didnt do anything that we do now days to be considered married.

When did all these traditions start?

Who started them?

Why cant we just vow to each other to be faithful and pray for God to bless our union?

Wouldnt they still be a married?

Just wondering.

well this was also before the fall and Adam and Eve had no sin nature. So they didn't need to obey a law of marrege because their hearts were already purefied by God. God writes the law after the fall as a sort of guide to keep us from falling away and marrege is part of that law. Adam and Eve didn't need that law because they were perfect beings. we do though.... we need that law because we are far from perfect and anyone who disagrees is blind.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Was Adam and Eve married?

They didnt apply for a marriage license or see a judge or have a preacher perform a ceremony.

They didnt exchange rings or have a wedding.

They didnt do anything that we do now days to be considered married.

When did all these traditions start?

Who started them?

Why cant we just vow to each other to be faithful and pray for God to bless our union?

Wouldnt they still be a married?

Just wondering.

well this was also before the fall and Adam and Eve had no sin nature. So they didn't need to obey a law of marrege because their hearts were already purefied by God. God writes the law after the fall as a sort of guide to keep us from falling away and marrege is part of that law. Adam and Eve didn't need that law because they were perfect beings. we do though.... we need that law because we are far from perfect and anyone who disagrees is blind.

What LAW of marriage?