Karen C.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, I always felt that there was something evil about the Secret. It mentions Jesus but I think it is overall presented in an evil way and drawing in evil things to people.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Biblicist
Yes, I always felt that there was something evil about the Secret. It mentions Jesus but I think it is overall presented in an evil way and drawing in evil things to people.

Doesn't God's word tell us that at the name [mention] of Christ, evil or the devil will flee? How can you have a book that mentions Christ but is evil, unless He is mentioned in a negative light?

:taped::whistling:

"'As above, so below!'

On Earth as it is in Heaven. :thumbsup:

Positive thinking, and a good attitude are Biblical concepts. And they do have an effect on the situations in your life.

Guest HIS girl

I thank the Lord that when I read books, the Holy Spirit will give me a nudge - whether the book has a "dark" tilt to it. It is called discernment -

I do not get a good feeling about the "Secret". I haven't read it but I watched it on Oprah and they had the book on a Current Affairs show in Aus - an Aussie woman has come out saying the book is based on her teachings...

Oprah is so popular that a lot of her audience are biased and will follow her and what she puts on her shows - blindly....

If Oprah endorses something, then it MUST be right...

How far off centre is that thinking? VERY.

Guest Biblicist

Yes, but on the other hand, just because Oprah endorses it doesn't mean it's bad either...

She has endorsed many things over the years that were absolutly wonderful. Look at the Acai berry!

Guest HIS girl
Yes, but on the other hand, just because Oprah endorses it doesn't mean it's bad either...
Of course.

I'm talking about this particular book/teachings and the negative feelings that fill me.

And you do know Bib the leanings Oprah has for the mystical...she likes to mix up a watered down Bible flavour with strong mystical tones...

Guest shiloh357

She has endorsed many things over the years that were absolutly wonderful. Look at the Acai berry!

That's the hook, though. Oprah has endorsed good things, but it has now gotten to the point that it seems her followers will accept anything she endorses. That is how the enemy snares these people. She is now endorsing philosophies and pseudo religions that oppose Christ.

She should be avoided altogether as a source of advice. Even the enemy uses good things to mask his real agenda.

Guest Biblicist

So you people are saying that if you had heard about this from someone else, anyone else, you might consider reading it?

Guest HIS girl
So you people are saying that if you had heard about this from someone else, anyone else, you might consider reading it?

Not me, because like I said - the HS is my guide.

I do not hate Oprah but I'm not a fan either... she seriously needs to consider wisely her position and the "power" she has. Alot of blind folk bow down to her.

Guest shiloh357

No, I don't do anything just because someone tells me to. I am not prone to being led around by a hook in my nose.