IGNORED

that four letter word...

Guest LadyC

Guest jesusrules2007
ok, i've never been one to eat "healthy". i hate veggies, i love fried foods, my eating habits are sporadic. usually i only eat once a day, in the evening, and i eat because i enjoy the taste of it and don't quit when i should.

the older i get, the more difficult it becomes to burn off the calories. maybe because i sit on this computer far too much.

i'm on a mission though... to lose a little weight and tone up the flab. i want to look 30, not 42. since my husband and i now live alone in a three bedroom apartment, i've turned one of the extra rooms into my personal gym. i've gone out and bought some equipment. but i know from last year's attempt at working out that i seem to be going backwards when i work out without making other changes. i gain weight from muscle mass, but don't lose any of the flabbiness.

i'm trying to cut down. last night i fried up six chicken breasts (so i wouldn't have to cook again today). i only ate a half of one, and instead of making homemade mac&cheese to go with it, i had beans instead.

anyway, that's the background... here comes the dillema... and i realize it may be pretty controversial and get a few feathers ruffled. but i'm hoping someone can give me some advice that i want to hear :taped:

i spent an hour trying to decide what diet pill to purchase last week, and finally settled on "accellis"... mainly because you only take it at bedtime. it helps boost your metabolism and curb the cravings for midnight snacks... it also helps calm stress and supposedly helps you have better sleep. not that i really crave snacks, i'm usually too full from dinner, but i figured it would help me curb my dinner cravings too.

now, i'm not the kind of person to eat breakfast. it's a very rare thing. and i don't care much for sweets. but ever since i started taking the accellis, i've had diffictulty sleeping.... because i wake up every couple of hours craving SWEETS! the other night, i got up at two a.m. and went to the kitchen looking for some chocolate covered donuts that i had dreamed were in there. on other nights/mornings i have woken up from dreams of eating pancakes, or biscuits with syrup, or this morning, it was french toast. i haven't eaten yet (it's 10 a.m.) and i'm really still craving french toast. i'm about to go have some. i've also suddenly been eating twice a day instead of once, and i realize that may not be all bad, but it's unusual, and WHAT i'm eating isn't the best choice.

i did excercize quite a bit this week, and will continue to do so. but i need a little assistance with burning calories... something that is going to boost my metabolism without making me crave sugar.

yesterday i decided to add cinnamon capsules to my diet... when i eat, i take cinnamon. i know cinnamon has thermogenic properties that help boost metabolism and help burn fat more quickly. i don't know how MUCH more quickly it helps, though.

can someone please give me some personal reviews of what diet supplements have worked for you?

Hi,

I was the same, i was eating only junk food and was putting on so much weight, i tried taking adios tablets which didnt help, i went on the atkins diet and lost half a stone and as soon as i came off it i put more than two stone on, after 2 years i finally decided to make a change for the better, i didnt like feeling fat and frumpy, i pursuaded my husband to invest in some gym equipment (treadmill and bike) and i hav worked out for 6 weeks now, daily and have been eating healthy, its important to eat breakfast as it helps your body to start burning calories form early morning and your body does not store fats thinking it wont get fed again. i was just over 12 stone when i started, i walked on the treadmill for 4 weeks until i felt comfortable with running on it, i also spent 10 mins on the bike and do 40 sit ups a day, i have lost 1 stone and 3 pounds in 6 weeks and have never felt better, i feel more energetic and i look more toned and thinner, my advice would be to keep off the pills and try the natural approach. of course i prayed and prayed to the Lord to help keep me motivated enough to keep at exercising and He has done so. I thank the Lord for everything and i am so grateful to the Lord for helping me every step of the way. i am going to continue exercising and maybe slow down a little bit now as i am eating alot healther now.

Pray the Lord helps you.

With love in Him.

Ayesha

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Collie1

I've been dieting for a couple of months, and just recently added excercise to my life.

I bought a mini-trampoline for $40.00 It's wonderful! I don't jump much on it yet, most walk and maybe a little jogging in place. I plan to gradually move up to doing some jumping jacks and other excercises on it. It's fun and simple. Maybe this will be the weekend I get into those size 12s. If I could only leave the chocolate alone!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,227
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1964

ok, i've never been one to eat "healthy". i hate veggies, i love fried foods, my eating habits are sporadic. usually i only eat once a day, in the evening, and i eat because i enjoy the taste of it and don't quit when i should.

the older i get, the more difficult it becomes to burn off the calories. maybe because i sit on this computer far too much.

i'm on a mission though... to lose a little weight and tone up the flab. i want to look 30, not 42. since my husband and i now live alone in a three bedroom apartment, i've turned one of the extra rooms into my personal gym. i've gone out and bought some equipment. but i know from last year's attempt at working out that i seem to be going backwards when i work out without making other changes. i gain weight from muscle mass, but don't lose any of the flabbiness.

i'm trying to cut down. last night i fried up six chicken breasts (so i wouldn't have to cook again today). i only ate a half of one, and instead of making homemade mac&cheese to go with it, i had beans instead.

anyway, that's the background... here comes the dillema... and i realize it may be pretty controversial and get a few feathers ruffled. but i'm hoping someone can give me some advice that i want to hear :thumbsup:

i spent an hour trying to decide what diet pill to purchase last week, and finally settled on "accellis"... mainly because you only take it at bedtime. it helps boost your metabolism and curb the cravings for midnight snacks... it also helps calm stress and supposedly helps you have better sleep. not that i really crave snacks, i'm usually too full from dinner, but i figured it would help me curb my dinner cravings too.

now, i'm not the kind of person to eat breakfast. it's a very rare thing. and i don't care much for sweets. but ever since i started taking the accellis, i've had diffictulty sleeping.... because i wake up every couple of hours craving SWEETS! the other night, i got up at two a.m. and went to the kitchen looking for some chocolate covered donuts that i had dreamed were in there. on other nights/mornings i have woken up from dreams of eating pancakes, or biscuits with syrup, or this morning, it was french toast. i haven't eaten yet (it's 10 a.m.) and i'm really still craving french toast. i'm about to go have some. i've also suddenly been eating twice a day instead of once, and i realize that may not be all bad, but it's unusual, and WHAT i'm eating isn't the best choice.

i did excercize quite a bit this week, and will continue to do so. but i need a little assistance with burning calories... something that is going to boost my metabolism without making me crave sugar.

yesterday i decided to add cinnamon capsules to my diet... when i eat, i take cinnamon. i know cinnamon has thermogenic properties that help boost metabolism and help burn fat more quickly. i don't know how MUCH more quickly it helps, though.

can someone please give me some personal reviews of what diet supplements have worked for you?

Hi,

I was the same, i was eating only junk food and was putting on so much weight, i tried taking adios tablets which didnt help, i went on the atkins diet and lost half a stone and as soon as i came off it i put more than two stone on, after 2 years i finally decided to make a change for the better, i didnt like feeling fat and frumpy, i pursuaded my husband to invest in some gym equipment (treadmill and bike) and i hav worked out for 6 weeks now, daily and have been eating healthy, its important to eat breakfast as it helps your body to start burning calories form early morning and your body does not store fats thinking it wont get fed again. i was just over 12 stone when i started, i walked on the treadmill for 4 weeks until i felt comfortable with running on it, i also spent 10 mins on the bike and do 40 sit ups a day, i have lost 1 stone and 3 pounds in 6 weeks and have never felt better, i feel more energetic and i look more toned and thinner, my advice would be to keep off the pills and try the natural approach. of course i prayed and prayed to the Lord to help keep me motivated enough to keep at exercising and He has done so. I thank the Lord for everything and i am so grateful to the Lord for helping me every step of the way. i am going to continue exercising and maybe slow down a little bit now as i am eating alot healther now.

Pray the Lord helps you.

With love in Him.

Ayesha

I love this international board we have :whistling: AHHHHHH what is a stone? :taped:

God Bless,

Some hick from Kansas,

Kansas Dad

Guest LadyC

i was wondering the same thing! i'm guessing maybe a stone equals ten lbs?

i haven't bought any relacor yet... i am still taking a cinnamon capsule with my meals, since it has that thermogenic quality to help boost the metabolism. and i've stuck to working out daily. i also went out and bought a bunch of those weight watcher type frozen dinners... not enough food in them to feed a bird, so i'm eating smaller amounts more frequently. and even though i'm skipping the veggies in them, at least it's keeping me from eating lots of fried foods.... i have to admit though, i've really been tempted to make some fried pickles to snack on! but so far, i've resisted the urge.

my appetite has increased. like i said before, i used to only eat once a day, now i'm eating about five times a day... very small meals. breakfast is usually a banana, but this morning i think i'll have cantalope. so for the person that asked me about hoodia, yeah, i've heard of it, but appetite suppressants have never been what i felt i needed. the thermogenic stuff is more in line with my needs.

so far i haven't lost an ounce... BUT, my mood has improved, my sleep has improved, i'm smoking less, i feel better all the way around, so even if i never lose any weight, (and i'm sure i will), i can't complain!

oh, rachel, you're welcome to pm me anytime! of course, i gotta say my dad was diabetic, and even HE wouldn't follow that diet.... and he liked veggies LOL. i know i couldn't follow it!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  469
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/21/1967

i was wondering the same thing! i'm guessing maybe a stone equals ten lbs?

A Stone = 14 pounds.

1 kilogram = 2.2 pounds incase metric people are going "uh?"

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

If your'e not eating veggies, you NEED to make sure you're taking a multivitamin...there are a LOT of nutrients you're missing if your'e not eating veggies that simply can't be found in other things.

And seriously...TRY to eat some veggies. Eat different ones, don't cook them the way your mom did, try ANYTHING. Honestly, I've seen so many people who didn't like veggies get used to them, and eventually LOVE them simply by trying differnt things.

• Topic Count:  146
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Iryssa, you already sound like a Mom! "Eat your Veggies!" :th_praying:

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

*laugh* darn straight!

Guest jesusrules2007

anyway, that's the background... here comes the dillema... and i realize it may be pretty controversial and get a few feathers ruffled. but i'm hoping someone can give me some advice that i want to hear :)

Hi,

Pray the Lord helps you.

With love in Him.

Ayesha

I love this international board we have :thumbsup: AHHHHHH what is a stone? :)

God Bless,

Some hick from Kansas,

Kansas Dad

lol sorry!!! keep forgettin its international!!!! 14 pounds is a stone, i think!

With love in Him.

Ayesha x

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

If your'e not eating veggies, you NEED to make sure you're taking a multivitamin...there are a LOT of nutrients you're missing if your'e not eating veggies that simply can't be found in other things.

And seriously...TRY to eat some veggies. Eat different ones, don't cook them the way your mom did, try ANYTHING. Honestly, I've seen so many people who didn't like veggies get used to them, and eventually LOVE them simply by trying differnt things.

:emot-hug:

You are right. And it can't be just any vitamins. Cheap, synthetic ones could even be more harm than good. The base of some of them is coal tar. There are many trace elements that are essential to good nutrition, that you can only get from natural supplements.

I like virtually all veggies, which I am so thankful for, but I wouldn't eat turnip greens. Then I tried them when I was in my 40's, and found I liked them. I had cheated myself all those years. I've heard other people say the same thing about different foods.

My 10 year old granddaughter hasn't eaten any fruits or veggies since she started eating baby food. Most of them she refuses to even try. She already has her mind made up that she doesn't like them, so if she does try them she immediately says she doesn't like them. All she eats is carbs and protein, mostly processed, and junk snacks, and then her mother lets her have ice cream, etc. By some miracle, she isn't overweight, and the good thing is she doesn't drink soda. But I feel sorry for her when she gets older and starts having health problems at a young age.